Lost Ark is released free for PC users worldwide and many players are enjoying this vast and vivacious thrilling game. But just like other PC games, this is not free from bugs and errors. Some players reported that the Lost Ark keeps crashing on PC and various technical errors like Lost Ark not launching, lagging or stuttering and others. As per a few reports the game constantly crashes upon launching and in some cases on the loading screen.
This is really troublesome as it becomes really impossible for the games to play it on their PC. And due to this lots of complaints are made on the official forum sites. So, we have done our deep research on the problem and listed the possible causes of why Lost Ark keeps crashing along with the potential troubleshooting step-by-step instructions to resolve the crash problem and start playing Lost Ark without any hurdle.
So, without further ado first, have a look at the common culprits responsible for the problem in question.
What Causes Lost Ark Keeps Crashing Randomly?
- System Requirements issues: Check if your computer has the proper hardware to run the game, if your system won’t meet the required system requirement needed to play the game it is more likely to cause various bugs upon launching.
- Game Files Corruption: Check if some of the game files are missing or corrupted then it can be the main cause of these issues. In this situation verifying the integrity of the game files via the game client, repairs the game’s files and may solve the problem in your case.
- Outdated Windows: If your Windows operating system is not up to date, then it can conflict with the latest game files upon launching and may lead to a crashing problem. So, check for the latest updates available and update your Windows OS.
- Outdated Graphics Driver: Outdated graphics drivers can also cause the game to not load properly and crash upon launching. Check your graphics card in the Windows system and try updating them.
- Disable In-Game Overlays: In-game overlays launch themselves automatically and consume a lot of resources with later on cause the performance issue with the game and cause various technical glitches.
- 3rd Party Antivirus: Check if your antivirus is interfering in any of the game operations or blocking the game servers. Disabling the antivirus program may solve the problem in your case.
- In-Game Graphics Settings: Change the in-game graphics settings as higher graphics settings in a low-end computer can also crash the game.
So, these are the possible culprits that cause the Lost Ark crashing problem on your Windows PC, now follow the potential fixes that worked for several affected users to solve the problem with the game.
Check The Game System Requirements
First, check the specification of your computer and the specifications required by the Lost Ark game. And make sure your computer is capable enough to run the game properly.
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit).
- Processor: Intel i3 or AMD Ryzen 3
- RAM: 8 GB.
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460/ AMD Radeon HD 6850.
- Free Space: 50 GB
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit).
- Processor: Intel i5 or AMD Ryzen 3
- RAM: 16 GB.
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050.
- Free Space: 50 GB
- DirectX: Version 11
Update Graphics Drivers
The graphics driver is the software bridge that connects your computer to the graphics card and is really important in the proper functioning of the game. So outdated graphics card drivers can often cause problems with the game and stop it from running properly.
So, it is important to use the updated graphics card drivers. To update the graphics drivers, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Start menu and type Control Panel in the search bar.
- In Control Panel, click on the View devices and printers option available under the Hardware and Sound section.
- In the Devices and Printers option, click on your device name.
- Now click on the Hardware tab and search for your graphics card name.
- Click on the graphics card name and right-click on the one with a little yellow exclamation icon
- From the drop-down menu choose the Update driver button
- Next click on the option to search for the updated graphics drivers automatically.
- And Windows will automatically search and install updates if available.
Now restart the computer and check if the Lost ark keeps crashing on the PC issue is resolved or not.
Outdated Windows OS can cause these sorts of problems and compatibility issues as well, so if you are running an outdated Windows operating system, it is recommended you update it. To update your Windows operating system, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
- In Settings, click on the Windows update option available on the left side.
- Then in Windows Update, click on the check for updates option.
- And let Windows search and install updates if available.
- Now restart the computer.
And once the system reboot, launch the game to see if it still crashes or else head to the next potential solution.
Update the Lost ARK Game
Updating the Lost Ark game with the latest update might work for you to solve the random crashing problem. The game developers release various updates to make the game more stable and also fix various technical glitches and bugs with the game.
So, check if you are running an outdated game version then this might conflict and shows issues like crashing or lagging. In this situation make sure to check for the latest update available for the game and install the patch. Follow the steps given to do so:
- Launch the Steam client and click on the Library tab, now look for the Lost ARK game and click on it.
- It will start searching for the latest available updates automatically. If any update is available then click on the Update option
- This will take some time for installing the updates and once all the available updates are installed, then exit your Steam client.
- Lastly, restart your system to let the changes take effect and after that start the game to see the problem gets fixed or not.
Change In-Game Graphics Settings
If you are running a low-end Windows computer then you need to compromise a bit and change the graphics settings too low to avoid the Lost Ark keeps crashing issue. To lower the graphics settings of the game, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the game and click on the Settings
- In Settings, click on the graphics tab.
- And in the graphics section, set the graphics and texture option to low.
- Now click on Apply to save the changes.
Now restart the game and launch it to see if it still crashes on PC or else head to the next solution.
Disable In-Game Overlays
The in-game overlays launch themselves automatically when you launch the game and can eat up a lot of resources and cause lots of performance issues by just sitting in the background. So, make sure to disable the in-game overlays option. To disable the in-game overlays, follow the steps mentioned below:
For Steam users
- Launch the Steam client click on the Settings option.
- In Settings, click on the in-game option available on the left side.
- Now uncheck the box beside the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game is written.
- And press OK.
For Discord users
- Launch Discord and click on the Settings option available in the bottom-left.
- Now click on the Game Overlay option available on the left side.
- And turn the in-game overlay option off.
Once the steps are done, launch the game and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
In many cases, while installing the game some of the files get corrupted or go missing during the installation process. And these corrupted files cause the game to crash whenever you try loading or launching it on your PC. In this case, using the verify the integrity of the game files in the Steam client may work for you. This is just by scanning once to detect and repair the corrupted files.
To verify the integrity of the game files, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Steam launcher and click on the Library tab.
- In the Library tab search for the Lost Ark game.
- Now right-click on Lost Ark and click on the Properties option.
- Click on the Verify the integrity of game files option available under the local files.
The process will take some time, and any corrupted or missing files will be fixed by steam.
Now launch the game and check if the Lost Ark keeps crashing on the PC issue is resolved or not.
Disable Your Antivirus program
The third-party antivirus and the Windows Defender security program always conflict with the Steam client and its games and interfere in their operations. Therefore, we recommend you disable the Windows Defender and the third-party antivirus program installed on your system temporarily and then launch the game to see if you still face the crash problem.
To disable the antivirus, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the antivirus application and go to the Settings menu.
- Then in the Settings option, click on the disable antivirus option and select the period you want to disable it.
- Now press Apply and then Ok to save the changes.
Disable Windows Defender
- Click on the Start menu and search for Settings.
- In Settings, click on the Privacy and Security option available on the left side.
- Now click on the Windows Security option and then Virus and Threat protection.
- Then click on Manage Settings available below the Virus and threat protection settings.
- Now turn off the Real-Time protection.
And launching the game to see the Lost Ark crashing startup problem is resolved or else head to the next potential solution.
Perform a Clean Boot
When you boot your computer, a ton of services start running in the background. Any of those services can interfere with the operation of the game and stop it from running properly. Clean boot will prevent any service from running in the background. To perform a clean boot, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press Windows + R and type MSConfig in the run dialogue box that appears to launch the System Configuration window
- Now check the Hide all Microsoft Services option under the Services tab and then click on disable all and then ok.
- Then click on the Startup tab and click to open Task Manager.
- And under the Startup tab, disable all the startup items.
- Now restart your PC.
Launch the game and check if the Lost Ark crashing on the loading screen is resolved or not.
Disable the Overclock Settings
Many gamers overclock their PC settings to get maximum performance while playing the high-graphics game on their PC. Generally, overclocking the settings cause the CPU to overheat and this results in Lost Ark crashing randomly on the PC problem.
This will indeed work for you to solve the crash or freeze problem with the Lost Ark game if you are using the overclock feature.
Follow the methods given to disable the overclock settings:
- Press the Windows + I key to open Settings and then click on the Update and Security option
- After that click on Recovery, then click on the Advanced startup option
- Next, click on the Restart now option and wait for your computer to reboot.
- After that choose the Advanced startup option then click on Troubleshoot
- Now click on Advanced Options and then on UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Click Restart and as the system reboots launch BIOS
- Choose the Advanced Tab and go to tab Performance locate Overclocking
- Then turn off the overclocking option
- Now hit the F10 key for saving the modification to BIOS now reboot your PC normally.
Now check if the Lost Ark keeps crashing on the PC problem is resolved. Hope the article works for you to stop Lost Ark from crashing and start playing the game without any problem.