There are many different variations of Shatterline Connection errors, such as CONNECTION 09-04, CONNECTION-01-00, CONNECTION-01-00, and more. However, all of the connection errors occur due to problems with the network and corrupted game files. These two are the leading causes of connection errors.
Before you jump into the methods, make sure the Shatterline server is not under maintenance or down. You can check the server status by visiting their official Twitter account.
1. Restart the game
It is always recommended to restart the game because connection errors can often be fixed by simply doing a restart. Restarting the game will allow you to reestablish the connection with the game server, which could fix this error.
2. Restart your Router
Since it is a connection error, it is possible that the error is occurring due to an unstable internet connection. To verify this, try restarting your router. Restarting the router helps fix connectivity issues. It also disconnects the Wi-Fi from other devices, which increases the overall internet speed on other connected devices. Hence, before trying out other solutions, try restarting the Wi-Fi router.
3. Verify the Integrity Of Game Files
Connection errors in Shatterline are often caused by corruption in the extracted game files. According to affected users, this frequently occurs when players update their game, leading to corrupted game files and resulting in this error. Therefore, we recommend verifying the integrity of the game files, which will restore any corrupted files responsible for this error.
- To do so, open Steam and go to Library.
- Right-click the Shatterline and then select Properties.
- Go to Local Files from the left and click on ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files.’
- Wait for the verification process to finish, then launch the game to check if the error is fixed or not.
4. Use the Google DNS server
Your network connection might not be stable due to having a bad DNS server. A DNS, or Domain Name System, is used to convert human-readable names into IP addresses so that applications can connect with the server. This often applies to browsers, but when it comes to gaming, a stable DNS server is required because a slow DNS server can cause connection errors, high ping, and packet loss issues.
Thus, we recommend using Google DNS, as it is more secure and reliable than the default DNS server. To utilize the Google DNS server, please follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key, and type Control Panel to open it.
- Head to the Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center settings.
- Click “Change adapter settings” on the left side.
- Right-click the network adapter and select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Now select Use the following DNS server addresses and enter the following DNS addresses
Preferred DNS server 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Once completed, click OK to save the settings.
- Launch the Shatterline and check if you are still encountering the connection error.
5. Reset the network settings.
If you have configured or optimized your network settings to enhance internet performance, you should also try resetting the network settings. Resetting these settings will enable you to reinstall network adapters, reassign the IP address, and reset all manually applied settings. To do so, follow these steps:
- Simply click the Start Menu in the bottom left corner and type “Network Reset” to open it.
- Click ‘Reset Now‘ to reset your network settings. This action will restart your computer with the default network settings.
6. Use a Mobile hotspot to connect to the server
You may have a routing issue with your Internet Service Provider. Routing refers to the process by which a game or app sends a request to the server, traveling through various destinations before reaching the server. The server then provides a response in the form of the requested data.
Here, the destination refers to the route, which might be changed by your Internet Service Provider, causing this error. To ensure a proper connection, you can use a mobile hotspot to connect to the game server. Once connected, you can disconnect the mobile hotspot and switch to your regular internet connection.
There are two ways to connect to the hotspot: using a USB cable or simply connecting the hotspot through your Wi-Fi adapter.
6.1 Use a Wi-Fi Adapter or Dongle.
To connect through a Wi-Fi adapter or dongle, simply turn on the hotspot on your mobile device and connect your computer to the wireless hotspot by navigating to the Wi-Fi settings.
Make sure to set the password and name of your mobile hotspot using the steps.[/box]
6.2 Use the USB cable
If you don’t have a Wi-Fi adapter or dongle, use a USB cable to connect to the hotspot. To do this, simply connect the USB cable to your mobile device and computer. Next, go to the hotspot settings and turn on USB tethering. Once completed, you are now connected to your mobile hotspot.
7. Use Cloudflare Warp
Cloudflare Warp is technically similar to a VPN; however, unlike VPN applications, it has a vast network of servers across the globe. It uses Cloudflare’s DNS 220.127.116.11 to connect users to the internet.
There are many advantages to using Cloudflare Warp instead of a VPN, such as not experiencing a decrease in your internet speed and not needing to pay for a connection to the best server with the highest speed. To use it, download and install Cloudflare Warp from the provided link.
8. Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN)
You can also use a VPN, but there is a high chance of experiencing slow speeds. However, don’t worry; we will inform you about the best VPNs for gaming and streaming later on. A VPN is designed to enhance user security on the internet by changing the IP address, which makes users more secure online. There are many VPNs available. You can choose the best VPN by visiting our article, ‘The Best VPN for Streaming and Gaming in 2023.’
9. Reinstall Shatterline
We have provided all the possible solutions to fix the connection errors. If you are still experiencing a connection error, there isn’t much you can do except reinstall the game. Reinstalling the game has resolved connection issues for several affected users, so this might work for you as well.
- To reinstall the game, open Steam and go to Library.
- Right-click the Shatterline, hover over Manage, and click Uninstall.
- Again, click the Uninstall button to confirm.
- Once completed, install the game and see whether the error is fixed or not.
Shatterline Connection Errors- FAQs
The connection errors are usually caused by a problem with the network or the corrupted game files. In most cases, the bad network settings trigger connection errors. Hence, you will have to diagnose your network to find the root cause of your connection error.
First, verify the game files. If the error persists, then try connecting your mobile hotspot either using a Wi-Fi adapter or USB cable, Once you are connected, switch to your internet connection.