Windows users have been experiencing an error message while trying to install the Amazon Appstore on their systems. As it turns out, upon navigating to the Microsoft Store page for Amazon Appstore, they are shown the “This app will not work on your device” error message at the top. This usually happens when your Microsoft Store is not updated or when you don’t have Windows features enabled that are required for Windows Subsystem for Android. In this article, we are going to show you how to resolve the said error message so just follow through and you will have Amazon Appstore installed in no time.
As it turns out, Windows Subsystem for Android is one of the main features of the new operating system i.e. Windows 11. WSA will essentially allow the users to run Android apps on their Windows machine natively without having to use an emulator like you normally have to. In order to make this possible, Microsoft has collaborated with Amazon and thus, users are able to install Android apps on their system using the Amazon Appstore. However, for users that may wish to install Google Play Store, you can sideload android apps on Windows 11 quite easily.
Like we have mentioned above as well, the main reasons that the error message in question may occur is when your Microsoft Store version is not up to date. In addition to that, in order to run Windows Subsystem for Android on your system, you will need to enable Hyper-V from Windows Features. In case you do not meet these requirements, the error message in question is most likely to appear. With that said, let us get started and show you the different methods that you can use to resolve the issue. So, without further ado, let us jump right into it.
Update Microsoft Store
The first thing that you should do when you encounter the “This app will not work on your device” error message is to make sure that your Microsoft Store is up to date. As it turns out, in most cases, when your Microsoft Store is not updated, it can cause the error message to appear. This is because Amazon Appstore is not available in the stable builds for now but rather you will have to opt into the Insiders Preview in order to try it out.
As such, there might be a difference between the versions used in the steady builds and the Insiders Preview version. To update Microsoft Store, simply follow the instructions that have been given down below:
- First of all, open up my Microsoft Store on your PC.
- Once the Microsoft Store window is up, on the left hand side, click on the Library option provided at the bottom.
- After doing that, you will be shown a list of all the different apps that you have installed on your system via Microsoft Store.
- From the list, look for Microsoft Store and click the Update next to it to update it.
- Wait for that to complete. Once done, open it up again and see if the error message is still there.
Enable Hyper-V in Windows Features
As it turns out, Windows Subsystem for Android works on the principle of virtualization. This is similar to how Windows Subsystem for Linux works. Basically, what happens is when you wish to start up an Android app on your PC, a virtual machine is created using Hyper-V which allows the operating system to access your system resources — the access is limited, however. Therefore, in order for this to work properly and without any issues, you will need to enable virtualization on your Windows operating system.
To do this, Windows has a set of different features that are not installed by default as most users do not have a use for them. From there, you will be enabling Hyper-V in order to resolve the error message in question. To do this, follow the instructions given down below:
- First of all, open up the Control Panel by searching for it in the Start Menu.
- On the Control Panel window, make your way to Programs.
- Once you are there, click on the Turn Windows Features on or off option provided.
- The Windows Features window will appear. From the list, locate Hyper-V and then tick the checkbox provided.
- In addition to that, make sure that you have also enabled Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Hypervisor Platform at the bottom.
- Once you have done that, click the OK button provided. After that, go ahead and restart your system.
- After your PC boots up, open up Microsoft Store to see if the error message still exists.
Install Amazon Appstore Manually
If the above methods do not work out for you, do not fret as there is still a way for you to install Amazon Appstore. Before proceeding, it is important to make sure that you meet the requirements for Windows Subsystem for Android. In case you are good there, then one way of getting around the error message in question would be to install Amazon Appstore manually on your system.
Installing Amazon Appstore manually is rather simple. You will simply need to download the package and then run it on your system. To do this, follow the instructions that are given down below:
- First of all, head to the Microsoft Store webpage for Amazon Appstore in your browser by clicking here.
- Copy the URL of the page and then head to the rg-adguard website by clicking here.
- Once you are there, paste the copied link of Microsoft Store for Amazon Appstore in the search bar provided.
- After doing that, click the tick button provided.
- On the next page, look for the Amazon.comServicesLLC.AmazonAppstore link that ends with .msixbundle.
- Click on it to download the package.
- Once the package has been downloaded, open it up.
- A pop will appear, click the Install button to install the package on your system.
- After doing that, restart your computer. In case you are not able to open up the Amazon Appstore directly after installing it, open up the Microsoft Store and head to the Amazon Appstore page. Click the Open button provided there.