Forza Horizon 4 Won’t Launch problem commonly occurs when your system won’t meet the system requirements to run the game. The game is troubling various gamers by refusing to launch due to various unexpected reasons. However, the problem is not as troublesome as it seems, as there are few workarounds that help you solve the problem in no time.
Just like the other games Forza Horizon 4 is having some bugs and fails to start however in some cases the game run flawlessly. So, before starting with the various fixes to solve the problem, here have a look at the different culprits causing the problem for a better grasp of the problem.
What Causes Forza Horizon 4 Won’t launch Problem?
- System incompatibility: The main reason for facing the problem while launching the Forza Horizon 4 is your system won’t meet the system requirement for the game. So, check if your system is able to handle the game as it is a very demanding Triple A title.
- Missing Administrator Privilege: Many games require the administrative rights to run flawlessly, so if you haven’t provided the game administrator privilege you are more likely to face problems when launching or running it. So, if this is the case then you can fix it simply by allowing the admin rights to the game.
- Outdated/Corrupt Graphics Card Drivers: If you haven’t updated your graphic card drivers in a while, or running outdated drivers then this can be a culprit for causing the problem. Make sure to check for the latest updates and install them.
- Outdated Windows: Having an outdated Windows version is most likely to cause compatibility issues and stop Forza Horizon 4 from launching properly. Updating your Windows system might solve the problem in your case.
- DirectX version issue: Well, the DirectX version which is utilized for launching the game can also cause problems in some situations. So, if this is the case you need to force the game for launching in the latest version using the launcher Settings menu.
- Antivirus Programs and Firewalls: Sometimes, the antivirus programs and the firewall systems of your computer can conflict with the game files and stop them from launching. Disabling the security program temporarily may work for you.
Now that we have discussed the possible culprit causing the problem in question, no let starts with the different workaround that helps you to troubleshoot the problem in question. So, without further delay, let’s jump into the fixes.
1. Check System Requirements
Before starting with the given tricky fixes just check the system requirements of the game and check if your computer is able to run the title properly. Just cross-check your system specifications with the system requirements of the title mentioned underneath:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system.
- OS: Windows 10 version 15063.0 or higher.
- Processor: Intel i3-4170 @ 3.7Ghz OR Intel i5 750 @ 2.67Ghz.
- Memory: 8 GB RAM.
- Graphics: NVidia 650TI OR AMD R7 250x.
- DirectX: Version 12.
- Network: Broadband Internet connection.
- Storage: 80 GB available space.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 version 15063.0 or higher
- Processor: Intel i7-3820 @ 3.6Ghz
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVidia GTX 970 OR NVidia GTX 1060 3GB OR AMD R9 290x OR AMD RX 470
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 100 GB available space
If your system is compatible but still you are unable to launch the game then try the fixes mentioned below:
2. Run Game as Administrator
Many games require administrator rights to run properly, but if in case you are not launching the game with the administrative rights then this may cause problems when running the game. Providing the game administrator privilege will ease up the game’s operations and will not allow other applications and services to conflict with the game. So, it is recommended to run the game as an administrator. To run the game as an administrator, follow the steps mentioned given:
- Go to the game installation folder and right-click on the game file.
- Now click on the Compatibility tab and check the Run this program as administrator option.
- Then launch the game and check if the issue is resolved or not.
3. Reinstall the Graphics driver using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)
Graphics drivers play a major role to run the games or any program smoothly. And if you are using a corrupted or outdated driver then it can conflict with the latest program or games installed and cause this sort of issue. So, it is recommended to reinstall the driver using DDU.
DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) application is utilized for uninstalling the system drivers completely without leaving any traces. However, one can use device manager instead of DDU but for the exact result, it is suggested to use DDU and reinstall the driver.
Follow the steps mentioned:
- Download the software from the link
- Once the download process is complete, extract the file.
- Now click on the Start button and search for Settings in the search bar.
- In Settings, click on the Update & Security option.
- Now click on the Recovery option available on the left side.
- Then click on the Restart Now option under the Advanced Startup section.
- Click on the Troubleshoot option and then click on the Advanced options.
- Now click on the Startup Settings option and then click on the Restart button.
- Then from the list, click on the Enable Safe Mode option and wait till the PC restarts in safe mode.
- Now launch the Display Driver Uninstaller.exe and choose your preferences.
- Then choose your device type and graphics card manufacturer and then click on the Clean and Restart
Once your system reboot, you need to install the graphics driver to do so visit the graphic card manufacturer’s website and install the latest version available compatible with your system.
Now after successfully installing the driver restart your system and try launching the Forza Horizon 4 game to see if the problem is resolved.
4. Check for Windows Updates
Many times running an outdated Windows version is likely to cause conflict with the latest updated apps or games, due to compatibilities issues that can cause the Forza Horizon 4 stuck on a loading screen issue. So, it is recommended to check if there is an update available for your operating system and update it if available. To update your operating system, follow the steps given:
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Settings menu.
- Now click on the Windows update option available on the left side.
- Then click on the Check for Updates button and Windows will check if there is any update available for your device and download it.
- Now once the download process is complete, restart your computer to install the updates properly.
- Then try launching the game and check if the issue is resolved or not.
5. Reinstall DirectX
DirectX is a built-in application in Windows for handling different tasks but mainly game programming tasks, and if there is anything wrong with the DirectX installed on your computer or the DirectX version is outdated, then it can cause problems when installing or launching the particular game that requires updated DirectX version to be installed.
So, it is recommended to reinstall DirectX and check if it helps you to solve the Forza Horizon 4 crash issue. To reinstall DirectX, follow the steps underneath:
- Launch any browser and paste the link to download the DirectX end-user runtime web installer.
- Now once the download process is completed run the installer.
- With this installer, you can fix and restore if any of the files of DirectX are corrupted or missing.
6. Disable Windows Firewall or Antivirus Program
The antivirus and the firewall in your computer often block the game considering them a threat and as a result the game won’t be able to establish a connection with the server. So here it is recommended you to disable Windows defender and these security systems and check if it helps you to solve the issue. To disable the antiviruses and firewalls follow the steps given:
6.1 Windows Defender
- Press Windows + I to launch the Settings Menu.
- Now click Privacy & Security option.
- Then click on the Windows Security option and click on the Virus and Threat Protection option.
- Now click on the Manage Settings option under the Virus and threat settings section.
- And turn the Real-time protection off and restart your device
6.2 Third-Party Antiviruses
- Launch the antivirus application and click on the settings.
- Now click on the Disable option and turn off the antivirus program
- Then restart your device and launch the game and check if the issue is resolved or not.
6.3 Windows Defender Firewall
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings Menu.
- Now click Privacy & Security option.
- Then click on the Windows Security option and then click on the Firewall & network protection option.
- And click on all three network modes and turn the firewalls off.
- Now restart your device to let the changes take effect.
After disabling the security programs launch the game and check if the Forza Horizon 4 won’t launch problem is fixed.
7. Reinstall the Game
It is estimated after following the steps given you are able to launch the game but if in case you are still facing problems in launching the game then it is suggested to reinstall the game. As there might be some an issue in the previous installation or some of the files get corrupted or missing when installing the game. To reinstall the game, follow the steps given:
- Press Windows + I to open Settings
- Now click on the Apps and then on Apps & features option
- Then click on the 3 dots next to the Forza Horizon 4 and choose Uninstall
- Again, select Uninstall for confirmation
- Next restart your system.
- Once the system boots up then open Microsoft Store.
- Type Forza Horizon 4 in the search box and click on the Forza Horizon 4 app page.
- Now click on the download the game option on the Microsoft Store page.
Wait for the game to reinstall completely, and once the game is installed then try launching it to see if unable to launch Forza Horizon 4 is fixed or not. So, these are the fixes that work to solve the problem. But if you are still facing problems then go to the Forza Support website and submit a support ticket explaining the problem. And try the solutions suggested by the support centre to launch the game on your Windows system and start playing with ease.