When the Doordash app is failed to identify the order, it will cause an “error Validating Basket” error. This error restricts the users to proceed in placing the order. It occurs because of poor internet connection, empty cart, outdated app, or filled cache memory. Sometimes, the executive end cannot trace the user’s ID which also restricts the user to place an order.
Here are some reasons why Doordash “error Validating Basket” occurs;
- Internet Connectivity Issues: Doordash requires a fast internet connection. Otherwise, you won’t proceed in order placement. So, check your connection and place the router close to your device. It will fix the “error validating basket”.
- Outdated Application: When the Doordash is outdated, it won’t allow you to place an order. Because the new features do not support the old version of the app. So to fix this issue you can simply update the app and try to place the order again.
- Empty Cart: When the cart does not contain any item, it causes an “error validating basket”. It will not allow you to proceed in order placement. So, you can fill the cart properly or contact the customer’s care executive to seek help regarding the issue.
- Cache Memory Issues: When you use the Doordash app data is stored in its cache. Thus, the cache memory gets filled. When you try to place an order on Doordash this error occurs. To fix this issue you can simply clear the cache memory by deleting all its content.
- Registration Issue: Sometimes, you face an “error validating basket” when there is a registration issue with the app. You should log out from the app and re-login and check if the problem is fixed or not.
- Trace ID Error: Sometimes the issue occurs at the executive end. He might get an issue in tracking your ID. This issue can restrict you from placing an order on Doordash. To fix this issue you can simply contact customer service. They will fix the issue and then you can proceed with your order.
1. Clear the Doordash Cache
The Cache is temporary storage. It saves the data of the apps which are currently open on your phone. But sometimes it gets filled and does not allow the app to function properly and ultimately causes the error. So, here are some steps that will help you in deleting the cache memory.
- Open the phone and click on go the Settings app. (You can swipe down on the phone screen and click the gear icon).
- Now select Apps & Notifications and then click on Apps.
- Scroll down to the Doordash app and click on it.
- Then press the Storage option. Here you will see the Clear Cache option.
- So, click the clear cache option. It will take some time. After this close the settings and launch the Doordash app again. Place the order and check if the error is fixed or not.
2. Update the Doordash App
Apps manufacturers always introduce new features for their users. But sometimes, users do not install these updates. Thus the new features do not support the outdated app and cause the “error validating basket” error. Due to the outdated app, the Driver app may show the response status error code 1. So, to avoid these issues, follow these steps to update the Doordash Error;
- Open the phone and click on the Google play store.
- Click on User Id and then select the Manage apps and Devices option.
- Now click on the update available and navigate the Doordash app.
- Check if the update is available. Then click on the update option and install them on your phone.
- Once it is done click on the Open button and launch the game and check if the error is fixed or not.
3. Fill Up Your Cart
If your cart is empty and you trying to place an order, then the “error validating basket” error occurs. So, you need to fill the cart with the required items and then try to place the order. So here are some steps on how you can add items to your cart;
- Launch the Doordash app on your phone.
- Search for the respective item, you want to order.
- Click on the item and then press the Add to Cart option.
- Once your cart is filled with all necessary items. Confirm the order. Hopefully, it will fix the “error validating basket”.
4. Resolve the Internet Connectivity Issue
The online apps require a strong internet connection. Similarly, the Doordash app works when it gets enough speed internet. So, if you are facing an error, go check the router and perform a speed test. If the speed is low, the user cannot place an order. So, boost up your internet speed. You can do the following things to increase the network speed;
- Reset the Router
- Place the router closer to the device.
- Disconnect all the unnecessary devices connected to the same router.
- Change/ Reset the IP address.
- Switch off the Wi-Fi, go to Airplane Mode, and then switch on the Wi-Fi. (It will refresh the connection).
5. Resolving the Registration Problem
Sometimes the app needs to verify your identity, it simply stops responding to the action you performed and causes the “error validating basket”. It requires re-entering your username and password. Once you do this, the error ultimately gets fixed. Sometimes you need to delete your Doordash account permanently. So, here are some steps that will help you in resolving the registration issue;
- When the app is open. Click on the Menu icon and press the Log-out option.
- Now click on the Sign-in option. Add your credentials and press Sign In. If it says that your password is incorrect, then click on forgot password.
- Now go to add a new password option. Chose the password and then confirm it.
- So, sign in to the account and fill the cart with the required items and place your order.
6. Resolve the Trace ID Error
If you have applied all of the above fixes and still getting the error, there must be a chance that your ID is not traceable. Sometimes, the executive end is not able to trace your identity and does not confirm your order. In this case, you can simply contact the official website or their customer services. Once they fix the issue, you can simply place the order and enjoy their services.