Honkai Star Rail Login Errors are often caused by the misconfiguration of network settings, such as using an unstable DNS server, adblocker, or VPN applications like Adguard.
Adblocker or VPN applications such as Adguard are known to interfere with the login process of Honkai Star Rail. Additionally, if your network connection is unstable, you may also encounter login errors. Therefore, ensure that your connection is stable before proceeding with the following methods. You can check your internet speed on speedtest.net.
Before attempting the solutions, you can try a quick fix. First, log in to a different server, such as the Asia server, then log out and log back into the server displaying the error message.”
1. Restart Your Device
The first solution we always recommend is to restart the device. Restarting the device restarts the network services and reloads the data from RAM, which often helps fix temporary errors.
Many affected users have reported and confirmed that restarting the device actually fixes login errors in Honkai Star Rail. Therefore, you should try restarting your device before attempting other methods
2. Restart Your Router or Modem
After restarting the device, you should also restart your router. Restarting the router disconnects the Wi-Fi from other devices and clears the cache, which is also known as short-term memory, to ensure smooth operation of the device. Therefore, we recommend that you restart your router as well.
3. Run Honkai Star Rail as an administrator
Running an application with an administrator privileges allows it to access all the required redistributable files and helps prevent firewall interference. If you haven’t already, try running Honkai Star Rail as an administrator by following these steps:
- Right-click the Honkai Star Rail and select Run as administrator.
- Once it is opened, check if you encounter the login error or not. If not, then close the game, right-click the Honkai Star Rail, and go to the Properties.
- Then, go to Compatibility. Here tick Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply and click OK.
- Now whenever you launch the Honkai Star Rail, it will run as an administrator.
4. Disable Adblocker, Adguard, or VPN
If you are using any VPN, adblocker application, or adblocker VPN, such as AdGuard, then you need to disable them because they interfere with login requests. This interference might prevent the game from sending the login information to the server, resulting in login errors.
The same applies to VPN (Virtual Private Network), which can delay the login process due to slow speed or other reasons, leading to login errors. Hence, if you are using any kind of adblocker, AdGuard application, or VPN, try to disable them and see if the error persists or not. Alternatively, you can add a custom rule in AdGuard if you don’t want to disable it.
9. Add Custom Rule in Adguard DNS (For Premium Adguard users)
If you don’t want to disable Adguard, you can add a custom filter that will allow you to disable the domain hoyoverse.com, which is an Honkai Star Rail domain.
Adguard allows users to add a custom filter for a specific domain to block ads. Since Adguard interferes with Honkai Star Rail, we can try blocking the Honkai Star Rail domain, which might prevent the interference of Adguard in Honkai Star Rail and fix this login error.
To do this, copy the following line and add a custom rule in your Adguard. For more info, visit ‘How to Create Your Own Ad Filters‘.
5. Change DNS to Google DNS
If your default DNS is slow or you are using an adblocker’s DNS address, try switching to a Google DNS server. DNS, or Domain Name System, is used to convert domain names into IP addresses. If your DNS is not working properly, you should try Google DNS because it is fast, secure, and more reliable, especially for gaming.
Follow the steps specific to your device to switch to Google DNS.
- Right-click the Start Menu and select Settings.
- Go to Network & Internet from the left and click Advanced network settings to view more settings.
- Click More Network adapter options.
- Here right-click your network adapter and select Properties.
- In the next Window, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Then, select Use the following server addresses and type the following Google DNS addresses.
Preferred DNS server 220.127.116.11
Alternative DNS server 18.104.22.168
- Once done, click OK to apply the DNS server.
- Once done, launch Honkai Star Rail and check if the login error persists or not
- Open Settings, and type Private DNS in the search.
- Tap on Private DNS, then select Private DNS provider hostname.
- Type dns.google in the input box and click Save.
- Once done, launch the game and see if the login error is resolved or not.
- Open Settings, and tap on Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the I button next to the connected WiFi.
- Now tap on Configure DNS, then tap on Manual.
- Under DNS Servers, tap on the Minus button and tap Delete to remove the current DNS address.
- Then, tap on Add Server and type 22.214.171.124.
- Again, tap on Add Server and type 126.96.36.199.
- Once done, tap on the Save button from the top right.
- Now you are connected to Google DNS, simply launch the Honkai Star Rail and check if the Login error persists or not.
7. Disable IPv6 Protocol
IPv6 is the latest version of Internet Protocol and is a successor to IPv4. IPv6 allows devices to connect over the internet using IP addresses. The main difference between IPv4 and IPv6 is that IPv6 provides a large address space up to 128-bit, allowing for significantly more unique addresses.
However, using IPv6 can cause problems while playing games, as it is still new and incompatible with certain games. If you are using IPv6, try disabling it and switching to IPv4.
- To do so, click the Start Menu and type Control Panel.
- Hit Enter to open it.
- Then, go to Network and Internet.
- Click Network and Sharing Center, then click Change adapter settings from the left.
- Right-click the network adapter and select Properties.
- Here untick Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv6).
- Once done, click OK to save the settings.
- Once done, open Honkai Star Rail and see whether the error is fixed or not.
8. Use Mobile Data or any other network
It is possible that there is a problem with your internet connection from the backend, such as the routes might be changed by your ISP (Internet Service Provider), preventing the login requests from reaching the server.
When an application sends a request to the server, it travels through different destinations called routes, which might be changed by your ISP. So, to ensure whether it is a connection problem or not, try using mobile data or any Wi-Fi through the hotspot.
8.1 Connect Hotspot through Wi-Fi adapter
- Turn on your Mobile Data or connect to any Wi-Fi network other than your Wi-Fi connection.
- Then, turn on your hotspot and connect to the hotspot and check for the login error.
8.2 Connect Hotspot through USB
- Turn on the Wi-Fi or Mobile Data.
- Connect the USB cable to your mobile and computer. Then, open settings and go to the Portable hotspot.
- Here turn on the USB tethering.
- Once done, you are now connected to the hotspot.
- Launch the Honkai Star Rail and check if the login error persists.
If you are able to resolve login errors using a mobile data hotspot or another network, it is advisable to contact your ISP and inform them about the issue you are experiencing.
9. Use Virtual Private Network (VPN)
You can also use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to connect to the game server. VPN allows users to hide their information, such as IP Address, location, etc. When it comes to gaming, VPN changes the route, which can help fix the error if there is a routing issue caused by the ISP.
There are many VPNs available, and you can select one of the recommended VPNs from the article “The Best VPN For Streaming and Gaming in 2023”.
10. Reset Your Network settings
Resetting the network settings will allow you to reinstall network adapters and reset all the settings to their default values, including DNS settings. If none of the methods has worked, you can try resetting the network settings using the following steps according to your device.
- To do so, right-click the Start Menu and select Settings from the listed options.
- Once the settings is opened, go to Network & Internet from the left pane.
- Go to Advanced network settings.
- Click Network reset under More settings.
- Finally, click Reset Now to reset the network settings.
- Wait for your computer to restart, then check if the login error is fixed or not in Honkai Star Rail.
- Open Settings, and go to General.
- Swipe down to the bottom and tap Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Here tap Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
- Enter your passcode if you have it, and reset network settings.
- Once done, connect to your network connection and launch Honkai Star Rail and check if the login error is resolved.
- Open Settings, and go to Connection & Sharing.
- Swipe down to the bottom, and tap Reset Wi-Fi, mobile networks, and Bluetooth.
- Now tap Reset settings to reset network configurations.
- Once done, launch the Honkai Star Rail and check for the login error.
Honkai Star Rail Login Errors- FAQs
To fix any login error in Honkai Star Rail, make sure you are not using any VPN or adblocker, especially Adguard. Then, if the login error persists, try changing the DNS to Google DNS or use a Mobile data hotspot to avoid login error.
The login error mostly occurs due to misconfigured network settings or unstable network connection. To ensure what causes a login error, simply use the Mobile data hotspot. If the error persists, that means either you are using an unstable DNS, or you have an ad blocker or VPN enabled, such as Adguard.