There are a lot of CS:GO players around the world that are currently playing the game, with approximately 32 million people active in the last month. Many of them are constantly asking if it is possible to show an FPS counter while playing the game. If you are one of them and ask the same question, fortunately for you it is possible to show an FPS counter while playing the game. The FPS counter is available in every game mode disposable, whether you are playing offline or online.
The FPS counter is incorporated into the game, so you can turn it on without the need of installing any additional files. There are a few ways that you can do this, so follow the article to see all of the methods.
There are also 3rd party applications that can show an FPS counter inside your game, but you need other applications to install in order to have access to them. Some people are preferring to use 3rd party applications because they like the aspect more, so feel free to choose which FPS counter you want to use.
The following methods are different from each other, but the result is the same and they are all easy to do. It only depends on your preference for which path you want to follow.
Here are the guides that you need in order to show the FPS counter inside the CS:GO:
1. Turn on the FPS counter from Steam
The first way that you can follow to turn on your FPS counter is using the Steam application. This method is very easy to follow and can be done from Steam Settings.
The only thing about this method is that you will turn on the FPS counter for every game that you launch through Steam, and not only CS:GO. So if you want to turn the FPS counter only in CS:GO, skip this method and go to the other.
All you have to do is to go to the settings of the Steam application and turn on the FPS counter from the In-game settings.
In case you don’t know how to do this, here are the steps you need to follow:
- The first thing you need to do is to open the Steam client.
- Once you are inside the Steam application, click on the Steam button located in the top left corner and click on Settings.
- After you are inside the Steam Settings, you need to go to the left side menu and choose In-Game to access the settings inside the game.
- Once you are inside the In-Game section, you need to go to the In-game FPS counter section and use the button to select in which corner you want the FPS counter to situate.
- After you choose and select it, click on OK and the changes will apply.
- Now launch CS:GO and you will be able the see the FPS counter in the corner that you have selected.
In case you only want to see the FPS in CS:GO, go to the next method.
2. Turn on the FPS counter using the CS:GO command console
The second way that you can follow to turn on the FPS counter is by using the CS:GO command console. This method is easy to do and can be done directly from the game.
Keep in mind that if you do this, you will have to redo the process every time you launch the game because the change won’t save permanently.
To do this method, all you have to do is to open the CS:GO command console while you are in the game and type one command that will instantly make the FPS counter appear.
In case you don’t know how to do this, here are the steps you need to follow to turn on the FPS counter using the CS:GO command console:
- The first thing you need to do is to open the CS:GO game.
- Once you are inside the CS:GO game, press the ` key to open the game console.
Note: You might’ve changed the key that needs to be pressed to open the game console. In that case, press the right key to open the console.
- After you’ve done that, you need to write the following command to turn on the FPS counter:
- Once this command is written inside the console, press Enter to proceed.
- Now the FPS counter should be available inside the game.
In case you’ve done this but don’t want to repeat the process every time you launch the game, go check the next method that will show you how to turn it on permanently.
3. Turn on the FPS counter using the CS:GO launch options
The third method that you can use to turn on your FPS counter is by changing the launch options. This way you will force the game to always start using the FPS counter option. By doing this, you won’t need to always use the game console to turn on the FPS counter.
All you have to do is to go to the properties of CS:GO and insert the command from the previous method in the launch options. This will permanently force the game to start with the FPS counter on until you delete the command from the launch options.
Here’s a guide that will show you exactly how to turn on the FPS counter using the CS:GO launch options:
- Firstly you have to open the Steam client.
- Once you are inside the Steam application, go to the Library.
- After you are inside the Library, search through the list for CS:GO. When you find it, right-click on the game and click on Properties to open the menu.
- Now all you have to do is to select the General section and go to the Launch Options. Right there you have to insert the following command:
- Once you’ve done that, you can close the Properties and launch the game to see that the FPS counter is on and working perfectly.