- To share your screen on Zoom for desktop, start or join a meeting, click "Share Screen", choose the screen or application, and then click "Share".
- For iPhone, add Screen Recording to Control Center, open Zoom, start or join a meeting, tap "Share", choose "Screen", and tap "Start Broadcast".
- On Android, open Zoom, start or join a meeting, tap "Share", select "Screen", allow Zoom to display over other apps in your phone's settings, and start sharing.
The COVID pandemic evolved online meetings for work and study and provided great utility at a time when physical contact was feared. This trend did not end with the pandemic, rather gained much more popularity. Zoom, at the forefront of this evolution, emerged as a pioneer, providing users with a lot of features, the best of which is the ability to share their screens.
In this article, we are going to discuss how to share your screen on Zoom on various devices, as well as how to enable screen sharing for participants in a meeting.
Table of Contents:
- How to Share Your Screen on Zoom on Desktop
- How to Share Your Screen on Zoom on iPhone
- How to Share Your Screen on Zoom on Android?
- How to Enable Screen Sharing for Participants?
- How to Enable Screen Sharing for All Participants by Default?
- Why is Screen Sharing Not Working on Zoom?
- Final Thoughts
How to Share Your Screen on Zoom on Desktop
- Open the Zoom app and either start a meeting or join one.
- From the options available to you in the toolbar at the bottom, click on Share Screen.
- You’ll have a lot of options to choose from. You can share the whole screen, a specific window, whiteboard and much more. Once you have chosen your desired option, click on Share.
- The screen sharing will begin immediately, as indicated.
How to Share Your Screen on Zoom on iPhone
If you’re an iPhone user, you have to add Screen Recording to the Control Center in Settings before you begin sharing your screen. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Settings on your iPhone and tap on Control Center.
- Scroll to locate Screen Recording and tap on the green plus sign.
- Now, open the Zoom app on your iPhone and either start a meeting or join an existing one. Once in the meeting, tap on the Share button located at the bottom toolbar.
- A few options will pop up. You can share your screen as well as share certain apps. Tap on Screen.
- A confirmatory message will appear. Tap on Start Broadcast to begin sharing your screen.
- You are now successfully sharing your iPhone’s screen.
How to Share Your Screen on Zoom on Android?
The method of sharing your screen on an Android is similar to that on an iPhone, but there is an extra step along the way:
- Open the Zoom app and enter a meeting. Either start a new one or join an existing meeting.
- At the bottom of the screen, you can see a toolbar. Swipe left on it to reveal more options, one of which is Share. Tap on it.
- A few options will appear. You can choose to share your screen as well as certain apps or files.
- A pop-up message will appear, telling you that Zoom will have access to all the information that appears on your screen. Tap on Start Now.
- If it’s the first time you are sharing your screen, you’ll have to give the Zoom app permission to Display over other apps. Tap on the toggle to turn it on.
- Almost instantaneously, your phone’s screen will be shared on Zoom. Tap on Stop Share when you want to stop sharing your screen.
READ MORE: How to Watch A Movie With Friends Online ➜
How to Enable Screen Sharing for Participants?
If you are hosting a Zoom meeting and want the participants to share their screen, you can enable it from Advanced Sharing Options. Remember that this method allows only the participants in that specific meeting to share their screen. The settings are reverted back to default once the meeting ends.
↪ For Desktop
Follow these steps:
- Open the Zoom app and start a meeting.
- When you want to allow participants to share their screen, click on the small arrow in the Share Screen button to reveal some options.
- Click on Advanced Sharing Options.
- Under “Who can share?”, click on All Participants.
- Now the participants in the meeting can also share their screens.
↪ For Phone (iPhone & Android)
The method to enable participants to share their screen is the same on both the iPhone and Android:
- Start a meeting and look at the toolbar at the bottom. Swipe left until you see the three-dots. Tap on them.
- A few options will appear before you. Choose Security.
- Under “Allow all participants to”, you will see a toggle for Share Screen. Tap on it to turn it on.
- The participants in your meeting can now share their screens.
How to Enable Screen Sharing for All Participants by Default?
The default setting for meetings is that participants cannot share their screens. You can change this if you want to. Here’s how:
- In your browser, open the Zoom Web Portal and scroll down in the left vertical menu to locate Settings. Click on it.
- Now, look for the option of In Meeting (Basic) and click on it.
- Scroll down to locate the section on Screen Sharing. Under “Who can share?” click on All Participants and then save your settings.
- Now, whenever you start a meeting, all the participants can share their screen.
Why is Screen Sharing Not Working on Zoom?
People sometimes encounter several issues when trying to share their screen on Zoom. The screen may become black, frozen or laggy. You can try the following fixes to see if your problem goes away:
- Please ensure that your internet connection is stable and working. If your Wi-Fi isn’t working, switch to another Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Zoom needs permission to access your screen, microphone, camera and other stuff. If you haven’t given the app necessary permissions, it will most likely run into errors.
- Sometimes, the problems are caused by bugs or glitches in the application. Restarting the app and updating it to the latest version will fix any glitches.
- Check your Zoom settings and make sure you have selected the correct option for screen sharing.
Zoom has been under constant scrutiny for failing to uphold privacy standards on various occasions. Even if you decide to use it, you should be aware of these security and privacy issues. If you have any feedback regarding this article or are facing some problem that you can’t solve, drop a comment below so we can help you out.
If you have dual monitors and want to share the screen of both of them, you need to enable this in the Zoom settings. Open the Zoom app > Go to Settings > General > Click on the check box for Use dual monitors.
Yes, it is possible to share your screen and keep your camera turned on at the same time. All you have to do is, when you begin sharing your screen, click on Start Video option located in the toolbar at the top.
The maximum number of people that can attend a Zoom meeting depends on the subscription plan of the host. The free version of this platform allows a maximum of 100 people in a meeting that can extend up to 40 minutes. These limits can increase depending on the plan you purchase.