Gone are the days when people used to watch and view contents from the traditional TV networks. Thanks to the introduction of new technology which has unveiled high-tech innovations into the world today. This has brought about the utilization of new great technologies one of them being the ability to stream contents from your phone through the TV. This is where the Google Chromecast Ultra comes in. What is Google Chromecast Ultra? This is arguably one of the best streaming media devices which allows you to stream contents with high definition resolution.
Chromecast and Chromecast Ultra are similar in several ways which include the functionality, appearance as well as the setup process. However, the only thing that differs between them is the quality of resolution they support in video content. Google Chromecast is capable of streaming contents with a lower resolution than Google Chromecast Ultra. Therefore, once you have purchased this streaming device, there is a need to get the device up and running. To achieve so, we provide you a simple and user-friendly guide on how to set up your Google Chromecast Ultra.
Now, before beginning with the setup process, you will first have to ensure that you have all the requirements in place. This will allow you to have a smooth and easy procedure as your setup the Google Chromecast Ultra. Who does not want to have a smooth setup process? I believe no one does not want to.
Hence, you will need to ensure that you have a stable internet connection at your home. Everything nowadays functions well with the availability of internet connection. Thus, be sure to have an active Wi-Fi connection. Moreover, to get the most of the device, you will require to use it with a 4K TV for high definition resolution (Ultra HD) as well as 5GHz router which provides great bandwidth.
Next, you will need to download the Google Home app from the App Store or the Google Play Store. This will enable you to set up and configure the device with affluence so you can enjoy the top-notch experience of this steaming device. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices, therefore, the steps below reveal to you how to download Google Home app:
For Android Users:
- On your android phone or tablet, go to the Google Play Store.
- In the search bar, type Google Home and hit enter.
- Click on Install to get the app in your phone.
For iOS Users:
- From your iOS device, navigate to the App Store.
- Type Google Home in the search bar and hit enter.
- Click on Get to install the app in your iOS device.
Even more, you need to ensure that you have the Google Chromecast Ultra with you together with its accessories. This involves the power adapter and the power cable whose function is to power up the device. Once all these are in place, you can now proceed to set up the Chromecast Ultra device effortlessly. Be sure to follow the steps as outlined below:
Step 1: Plug in your Chromecast Ultra Device
First off, you will need to connect the Chromecast Ultra into your TV. This is just simple since all you need to do is to locate the HDMI port on your TV and then insert the Chromecast Ultra device into it. Moreover, you will need to connect the streaming device to a power source. To achieve so, you will need to insert one end of the USB power cable into the device and the other end into a USB port on your TV. However, this will not supply enough power to sustain the streaming device. Therefore, you can preferably insert the other end of the USB power cable into the power adapter provided and then plug it into a power source or outlet. Point to note, be sure to only use the provided power adapter.
Step 2: Set Up and Configure Chromecast Ultra
Once you have plugged the Chromecast Ultra into your TV, you can now proceed to set up the streaming device. You will be prompted to complete the set-up process by configuring the Chromecast Ultra device. The setup prompt will appear on your TV screen with a blue display. This process can be done through your computer by using the Google Chrome or through your phone by using Google Home app. Using Google Home is the most convenient option as it allows you to perform several control functions. Therefore, you can now turn on your TV and follow the steps below to set up and configure the Chromecast Ultra:
- Launch the Google Home app on your phone or tablet.
- Select the devices icon at the top right corner of the screen. You may also click on the Get Started button when prompted. This will also allow you to set up a new device.
- Select the Chromecast Ultra device you want to set up and click on Set Up.
- A confirmation code will be sent to your TV and mobile phone. This will allow you to set up the right Chromecast Ultra device. Click on I See It confirm that you see the code.
- Name your Chromecast Ultra We recommend you to name it according to the room that it is in. for instance, you can change it from “Chromecast0076” to something like “Living Room.”
- Next, you may be prompted to select the region where you are located. Be sure to enter the right location and click on Continue.
- Next, you will need to ensure that the Chromecast Ultra is connected to the Wi-Fi network. For the Chromecast Ultra to function well, it must be connected to the same network with your mobile device. After selecting the network, enter the right credentials for the Wi-Fi network and click on Continue.
- Optionally, you can link your Google Account to your Chromecast Ultra. This will allow you to have a more personalized experience. Click on Sign-in or Skip to continue.
- Once you are done, the set up will now be complete.
Step 3: Cast Content
Once the setup and configuration process is complete, you can now proceed to cast contents to enjoy the experience with Chromecast Ultra. You can cast from your mobile phone or your computer using Google Chrome. This will allow you to view your video and music contents on your TV screen. Casting from your phone provides greater casting experience than your computer’s Google Chrome. Therefore, to achieve so, all you need to do is open a video and click on the Cast button at the top right corner of the screen. The video or music content will then start playing on your TV screen, thanks to the Chromecast Ultra.