Do you want to install Kodi on your Samsung Smart TV? Well, if your answer is yes, then you are in the right place. In this page, we are going to reveal to you the ways in which you can have Kodi in your Smart TV and the step by step procedure on how to go about with the installation process. Setting up the streaming device on your smart Samsung TV will enable you to enjoy a great experience. This emerges from the incredible features that come from combining the two devices.
Apparently, there are many ways in which you can install Kodi on your Samsung Smart TV. Each of these methods is easy to follow and comprehend therefore be sure to choose the one that is feasible for you. The methods include the following:
Method 1: Installing Kodi to your Samsung TV using Chromecast
This is a quite easy way for installing Kodi on your smart TV with the aid of the streaming media player, Chromecast. Therefore, to achieve a successful installation, you will require to have some additional software applications like Kodi itself, Chromecast, Chromecast app as well as Google Home app.
Therefore, make sure you follow the outlined steps below for you to have Kodi on your Smart TV:
- First of all, you need to turn on your Wi-Fi network and make certain that your phone, as well as the Samsung TV, are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Thereafter, ensure that Kodi is installed on your smartphone by following the steps below.
- On your phone, go to Google Play Store.
- Search for Kodi app in the search bar.
- Click on Install to have Kodi installed in your phone.
- Now that you have Kodi installed in your phone, you can now follow the steps above again and install Chromecast app.
- Next, follow the procedure in step 2 and install Google Home app.
- Once all the necessary apps are installed on your phone, launch the Chromecast app on your phone. Connect your Chromecast stick to your Smart Samsung TV.
- Now open the Google Home app and click on the Cast Screen/Audio option at the front menu.
- You can now be able to see your phone’s screen on your Smart TV. Therefore, you are free to open Kodi and stream Movies and TV shows at your own liking.
However, you might encounter some problems installing Kodi on your Samsung TV due to one reason or the other. Luckily, you are not limited to the methods as you can proceed to the next method and install Kodi to your smart TV.
Method 2: Installing Kodi on Samsung Smart TV using Roku
Also, this is one of the easiest methods to use with the purpose of installing Kodi on your Smart Samsung TV. Roku is a media player that allows you to stream a number of TV shows, movies and music videos among other features. Therefore, to achieve a successful installation be sure to follow the steps below:
- First of all, you should ensure that your mobile phone and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download and Install Kodi on your smartphone from the Google Play Store.
- Turn on Screen Mirroring on your Roku by following the steps below:
- Open Roku and go to Settings.
- Next, select System and proceed to Screen Mirroring.
- Click on Enable Screen Mirroring option.
Downloading Screen Mirroring app
4. Next, you will have to download and install any screen-mirroring app on your phone. To achieve this:
- Go to the Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- Search for Screen Mirroring app.
- Select any screen mirroring app and Install.
- You can now enjoy the complete features of Kodi on your Samsung TV by casting your phone’s screen on your Smart TV through the screen mirroring app.
Method 3: Installing Kodi on Samsung TV using Android TV Box
With Android TV box, you can easily install Kodi on your Smart Samsung TV without consuming much of your time. This procedure is straightforward and as easy as 123. therefore, be sure to follow the steps below:
- Connect your Android TV Box to your Smart Samsung TV.
- On your Android TV Box, open the Play Store.
- Search for Kodi app in the search bar.
- Download and Install Kodi app.
- With the app installed, you can now open Kodi and enjoy its features on your Smart TV.
Method 4: Installing Kodi on your Smart Samsung TV using USB Drive
Finally, the last way in our list is the ability to install Kodi on your TV using a USB Drive. To achieve this, you have to systematically follow the below steps:
- First of all, you will need to visit the Open ELEC website.
- Click on Downloads at the top surface of the screen.
- Select the Generic Builds option and then click on “[Stable] Open ELEC 8.0.4 (x86_64) > Disk Image”
- Download Win32 Disk Imager and launch it.
- Select the drive where you want to install Open Elec.
- Browse and open the downloaded Disc Image Open Elec file and click on
- Wait for the installation process to finish.
- Make sure your USB drive is connected and restart your computer.
- Tap on BIOS Settings
- Boot from the USB drive.
Consequently, depending on the type of method you used, you will now have Kodi installed on your Smart Samsung TV. Therefore, you may now enjoy the top-level entertainment experience as well as features that come in handy with Kodi. Moreover, you can also install Kodi add-ons available on third parties.