You might have seen little red Redbox rental kiosks in convenience stores and supermarkets. Although Redbox was originally created as a physical outlet for renting movies and games, they now provide other forms of entertainment.
The entertainment provider gives away live TV for free, including various channels and movies. Let’s see how you can stream movies and live TV for free on Redbox.
What is Redbox?
Popular online video rental provider Redbox has expanded into the realm of Live TV with a free, ad-supported service. Redbox’s new Live TV service is called Redbox Free Live TV, and it features hundreds of channels across several genres (Movies, TV, Entertainment, News, and Kids). Channel counts are another consistent area of growth for the firm.
Redbox free live TV is available at no cost, although it may have limited content and advertisements. On top of that, you should check the Redbox website to see if the service is offered in your location, as it may not be.
An Explanation of Redbox On Demand and Free Live TV
As of February 2020, you can stream select live TV shows and programs for free on Redbox. Some classic shows and reruns might be available, but no major cable networks or broadcast news. You may watch it on your computer, smart TV, smartphone, or streaming device.
Redbox On Demand is a cheap way to watch or buy movies online for downloading or streaming. You can only order a disk at a Redbox kiosk or watch a movie you’ve previously rented using the app. Only streaming devices like computers and smart TVs are compatible with this service.
There is also the opportunity to view Free On Demand movies on the Redbox website and mobile app. Free On Demand is similar to Redbox On Demand in that it lets you watch movies at no cost; however, the selection is limited and includes ads instead of just the movies.
How to Access Free Live TV and Movies on Redbox?
If you’re looking for instructions on how to use Redbox Free Live TV on your desktop, look no further!
- Check compatibility: Make sure that Redbox Free Live TV is compatible with your desktop computer before you begin. For further details, please visit the Redbox website.
- Open your web browser: Launch your internet browser: A web browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Edge) is required to access the Redbox website.
- Create a Redbox account: Sign up for a Redbox account on their website. To sign up, click the “Sign Up” button and complete the on-screen steps to provide basic information, develop a login name and password, and confirm your email address.
- Log in to your Redbox account: After signing up for a Redbox account, the next step is to access it through the website.
- Navigate to Redbox Free Live TV: Access Redbox’s free live TV service by going to their website and clicking the “Live TV” link.
- Browse the selection: Look around Redbox’s website will list the movies and shows currently available for free. You can either go through the collection as a whole or narrow down your search by genre or author.
- Start watching: When you find a show or movie you want to watch, you must click on it, and it will begin playing in your browser. Since the program relies on advertising revenue, commercials will interrupt your viewing experience.
How to Access Redbox Free Live TV Using the Mobile App
- Get the Redbox app from the iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store, depending on your device.
- Launch the app and select “Watch Free” from the menu.
- Toggle between “Free Live TV” and “Free On Demand” using the tabs at the top of the page. Just press the “Play” button on any of their content to start viewing.
Different Ways to Get Free Movies from Redbox
There are other ways to access and stream movies and live TV for free on Redbox.
Sign Up for Redbox Emails and Get a Free Rental
By signing up for Redbox emails, you can receive a free Redbox code for a free 1-day DVD rental. After signing up, you’ll receive a confirmation email where you may enter the code.
Sign Up for Redbox Emails
You can obtain a free rental from Redbox by downloading their app and enabling push notifications after making a purchase. Redbox has an app for iOS devices (iPhone/iPad) and Android (Google Play).
Join the Redbox Text Club for Free Redbox Codes
Members of the Redbox Text Club receive promotional codes for free one-night rentals and other discounts through text messages many times a month. To sign up for the Redbox Text Club, text the company at the number provided on their website.
Join the Redbox Text Club
As a member of Redbox’s rewards program, you’ll receive a free rental on your birthday and your Perks anniversary due to Redbox Perks.
You may also accumulate points by renting discs and purchasing Redbox On Demand titles. These points can be redeemed for free rentals.
Redbox provides its consumers with several entertainment alternatives, such as an on-demand movie renting service and a free Live TV streaming service. Redbox Free Live TV is an ad-supported live TV service with dozens of stations. Redbox On Demand is a movie rental service that lets you rent, buy, or stream movies whenever you want for a little charge.
You can watch a few free movies, albeit the library is small, and the viewing experience is interrupted by advertising. One can use either a PC or the Redbox mobile app to gain entry to the services. In addition, by joining the Redbox Text Club or receiving Redbox emails, customers can accumulate credits that can be redeemed for free rentals.