The wearable technology has taken the world to a whole another level by its trending feature. The world is constantly evolving with the new technology and the use of the Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro Smart Band is no exception. There are so many benefits that this gadget comes with that will enable you to simplify your everyday operations. It will enable you to keep track of information, entertainment and most importantly of your health. The Smart Band is commonly referred to as a fitness tracker that is designed to track and monitor your personal fitness level. This includes heartbeat rate, calories consumption, quality of sleep, and distance walked among others.
As a user of Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro Smart Band, you might have experienced a number of problems that hinder you from operating the Smart Band. A lot of issues might arise and you might be wondering what could be the next action to take. You don’t have to worry anymore because we are here to provide you with the best possible fix for your Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro issues.
What causes Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro not to Work as expected?
After receiving numerous reports from multiple users, we decided to investigate the issue and came up with a set of solutions which solved the problem for most of our users. Also, we looked into the reasons due to which the issue arises and listed them below.
- Syncing problem: This problem occurs when Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro fails to fetch data from the S Health app. Thus, this prevents the device from functioning well.
- Bluetooth failure: This issue arises when there is no successful pairing of devices. To achieve the pairing between your Smart Band and your phone, you need to ensure a proper Bluetooth connection.
- Battery draining too fast: Your Gear Fit battery drains too fast due to the addition of new features and availability of active applications. Wi-Fi and location should be turned off in your smart band since they consume a lot of battery power.
- Reboot loop: This is caused by a bug or a glitch in your device that creates the reboot loop. This can be solved by restarting your devices or resetting them when necessary.
- Firmware issue: The use of outdated software will limit the number of features and also prevent the well-functioning of your Samsung Gear fit band. Therefore, an update is very crucial to allow for the normal working of the Smart Band.
- Bugs and Glitches: These are the faults or errors that appear in your device with the intention of producing unexpected results or acting in unintended ways.
Now that you have a basic understanding of the nature of the issue we will move on towards the solutions. Make sure to implement these in the specific order in which they are listed to prevent any conflicts.
Solution 1: Restart Your Gear Fit and Phone
This is the very first step that you should consider before performing any other further actions. Restarting your Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro and your phone will help solve most of your Gear Fit problems. It will get rid of the random temporary settings and configurations that try to hinder you from using your devices well.
To restart your Gear Fit 2 Pro Smart Band, you need to press and hold the power button for 7 seconds. This will help solve your Smart Band issues like reboot loop, incorrect weather update as well as touch screen failure among others.
Solution 2: Trying to Re-sync your Data
Your Gear Fit might have problems to sync with the S Health app data on your mobile phone. You have to ensure that your devices are connected through Bluetooth for you to sync Samsung health data between your phone and smart band. You will also need to have a Samsung Account and a stable internet connection. To achieve this, you have to follow the steps below:
- Make sure your S health app is up to date. This is achieved by going to the Google Play store and select on apps then click on update all.
- Restart your phone and your Samsung Gear Fit.
- Clear cache on both Gear Fit Manager and S Health app and try it out. To achieve this, you need to navigate on settings, then select storage and click on cached data to delete.
- If it does not respond, get back on settings and clear data on both Gear Fit Manager and S Health app.
Solution 3: Ensure Proper Bluetooth Pairing
Your smart band may have problems of not successfully pairing through Bluetooth. This can prevent the functioning of the Smart Band due to the inability to pair with your smartphone. To ensure that there is a proper Bluetooth pairing you need to turn on Bluetooth on your Smartphone and Smart Band and consider the solutions below:
- Check the version of your phone. Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro will only work with Android version 4.4 or later versions and iOS 9.0 and later versions. If this requirement is not met, then you will not be able to connect your Smart Band to your Phone via Bluetooth.
- Check your phone’s Bluetooth version. Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro has a Bluetooth version of 4.2. If you want to achieve a successful connection, you must ensure that your phone has a Bluetooth version of not lower than 4. You check the Bluetooth version by going to settings, click on apps, select Bluetooth Share and check the version.
- Turn on discoverable mode. In order to allow your phone to pair with your Smart Band, you need to ensure that your phone is visible to the Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro.
- Ensure your pairing devices are in close connection range. Make sure the distance between your phone and the Samsung Gear fit 2 Pro-Smart Band is within 5 meters.
- Clear all the Bluetooth history in your phone to allow a proper pairing with your device. This will prevent unnecessary connection to the old devices. You can achieve this by unpairing the connected devices one by one as shown below.
- Restart your phone and your Smart Band.
- Try to pair your Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro with your phone.
Solution 4: Update the Firmware
An update of the firmware is very crucial in guaranteeing the proper working of the Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro. It will help in solving any appearing issues in the Smart Band and also allows users to experience new features. The Smart band is connected to the Samsung Gear app to be able to function well. The use of outdated software may result in poor functioning of your Smart Band. To achieve this, you need to select the Samsung Gear Manager on your phone and check its details. You will then need to click on Update in order to upgrade the software to the latest version.
Solution 5: Reducing the Battery Drain
Your Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro might have the problem of having its battery draining too fast. This is likely to occur after an update which turns on the Location and Wi-Fi and other applications running on the background. These applications while active are prone to drain the battery pretty fast. You should first consider turning them off as this will help reduce the battery from draining too fast. Also, the battery draining problem is a common occurrence for most of the users and there are ways to reduce the battery drain.
You might also need to consider force stopping the Samsung Gear, S health and Gear Fit Manager. After this, you are required to restart your phone and Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro and monitor whether the issue has been resolved. You may also need to clear cache for these applications. This process is likely to make the draining problem stop.
If none of this works you need to reset your Smart Band. This process will erase all the data from the Gear memory; therefore, you should remember to make backup copies of the important data stored in your device.
Solution 6: Reset Your Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro
Most of your smart band issues are likely to be solved by this solution. This should be the last solution to consider when all the others did not work. By performing this solution, you will be erasing all the data and settings in your device and restoring it to its original default state. Moreover, it will help you to get rid of the bugs and glitches that cause the problems in your Smart Band. To reset the Gear Fit 2 Pro, you are required to follow the following procedure:
- Press the Power button to open apps on the screen.
- Click on settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Gear info.
- Scroll down and click on the Reset Gear.
Note: Resetting your Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro will erase all data. Ensure you have your band configurations at hand (if any)