Touch screen computers are the next big thing in the computing industry. While they took their time, touch screens in computers are finally popular and readily available by almost every major manufacturer. The touch screen helps users in corporate or home environment to interact with their machines instantly just by touching. The computers even have a ‘tablet mode’ which enlarges the icons to help the user make use of the touchscreen.
However, you might find yourself in a situation where instead of the touch screen being useful, it is a nuisance. You might accidentally touch it or the task you are doing doesn’t really require the feature. In this case, you can easily disable the touchscreen without any hassle.
How to Disable a computer’s touchscreen?
The steps for enabling a computer’s touchscreen are almost the same as for disabling. There is only one option which needs to be enabled instead of disabled as you will see down below. Make sure that you have an administrator account when following the solution.
- Press Windows + R, type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialogue box and press Enter to launch the device manager.
- Once in the device manager, expand the category ‘Human Interface Devices’.
- Now select the entry ‘HID-complaint touchscreen’. Right-click on the entry and select Disable.
- You will be shown a screen confirming your actions. Press Yes.
The touchscreen will now be disabled from your laptop. If you want to enable the touch screen, just right-click on the entry above and select Enable instead of disabling.
How to disable or enable Tablet mode in Windows 10?
Tablet mode is a mode introduced in Windows 10 following the development of touch screens to make the input by the user easier and hassle-free. Instead of touching small minute icons, you get access to larger and clearer icons and toolbars.
If you want to disable the Tablet mode on your Windows, follow the steps listed below.
- Press Windows + A (to pop the action center) and click on Tablet mode once to enable/ disable it.
- You can easily distinguish between tablet and normal mode by looking at the screen. The tablet mode will be more interactive and when you click the Windows button, you will see an interactive menu. In normal mode, you will see the traditional Windows desktop.