You may fail to log in to the Disney Plus website due to restrictions from your ISP or Disney Plus itself. Moreover, browser extensions or VPN clients may also cause the error under discussion.
The issue arises when the user opens the Disney Plus site and clicks on the login button but nothing happens (no error code is shown as well). The issue is reported to occur on nearly all browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc. Both types of connections, i.e. mobile data and Wi-Fi are also affected. Moreover, the issue is not limited to a particular country. In some of the rare cases, the user can only see some parts of the login page, or the log in button is greyed out.
Before moving on with the solutions, check the status of the Disney Plus server. Moreover, restart your system and networking equipment. Additionally, remove your router from the bridge mode (if being used in the bridge mode).
Solution 1: Click the Sign-Up Button on the Page And Then Log In to the Disney Plus Site
The issue could be a temporary glitch of the browser or site. The glitch can be cleared by clicking the sign-up button and then signing into the site.
- Launch a web browser and open the Disney Plus site.
- Then, on the login page, scroll down and you will find a link to sign-up the service.
- Now click on the Sign-Up Now button and then click on the login button to check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Disable Browser Extensions
Browser extensions are used to enhance browser functionality. However, you may encounter the error under discussion if any of the browser extensions are interfering in the operation of the browser or site. In this context, disabling the problematic extensions may solve the problem. VPN and adblocking extensions (Ublock Origin, Ghostery, Stands are few to name) are known to create this issue.
For elucidation, we will guide you through the process for the Chrome browser as it is practically impossible to cover all the browsers. Moreover, some browsers have built-in adblocking functionality (e.g. Shields in the Brave browser), so, make sure any of such features in not hindering in the operation of the Disney Plus website.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser and near the top right of the window, click on the Extensions icon.
- Now click on Manage Extensions and then enable the Developer Mode by toggling its switch to the on position.
- Now click on the Update button and then check if the issue is resolved.
- If not, then disable every extension by toggling its respective switch to the off position.
- Now check if you can log into the Disney Plus website. If so, then enable extensions one by one until you find the problematic extension.
If the problematic extension is an adblocking extension, then exempt the Disney Plus website in the settings of the Adblocking extension. We will guide you for the uBlock origin Chrome extension.
- Launch the Chrome browser and open the Disney Plus website.
- Now, click on the uBlock Origin icon and then click on the blue power button to power off uBlock Origin for the site.
- Then check if you can log in to the Disney Plus site, if not, then keep the uBlock Origin disabled until the issue is sorted.
Solution 3: Disable the VPN Client of Your System
VPNs are used to bypass the ISP restrictions and safeguard the privacy of the user. But Disney Plus has blacklisted nearly all are the IPs suspected to belong to a VPN (you can try a less known/used VPN), so, the issue at hand could be a result of using a VPN client. In this case, disabling the VPN client may solve the problem.
- Launch the VPN client of your system.
- Now click on the disable/disconnect button and then check if the log in issue is resolved.
Solution 4: Use Incognito or In-Private Mode of Your Browser
Nearly all the modern browsers have an incognito or private mode, in which the browser creates a temporary session of the user that is isolated from the main session of the browser and user data. You may encounter the error at hand if any element of the main session of the browser or user data is hindering the operation of the Disney Plus site. In this case, accessing the site in the incognito or in-private mode may solve the login problem.
- Launch a web browser and open its incognito or in-private mode.
- Now check if you can log in to the site. If so, then try to find the problematic setting/feature of your browser causing the issue. If you cannot find the problematic settings, then either you have to use the incognito/in-private mode of your browser while accessing the Disney Plus site or reset your browser to the defaults.
Solution 5: Allow the Connection to Disney Plus Website Through Your Router
Most of the modern routers come with a ton of latest features. Having said that, even some experienced users can misconfigure his router which may result in the blockage of the Disney Plus website (or some of its features). In this case, allowing the connection to the Disney Plus website through your router may solve the login problem. You may have to dig deeper to make this particular solution work for you.
Warning: Proceed on your own risk as editing the router settings requires a certain level of expertise and if done wrong, you may expose your device and data to threats like trojans, viruses, etc.
- Launch a web browser and open the login page of your router (or routerlogin.net).
- Now check if any of the settings like parental controls or filters are blocking access to the site. It will be better to temporarily disable all types of filters or parental controls.
- Some routers (like Synology) have a safe access feature (a type of parental control) which is known to create the issue. Now disable the said feature.
- Then check if the login problem is solved.
Solution 6: Reset Your Router to the Factory Defaults
If nothing has helped you so far, then the issue under discussion could be a result of a corrupt firmware of your router. In this case, resetting the router to the factory defaults may solve the problem. But your personalized router settings (user name, password, SSID, etc.) will be lost after resetting the router. For illustration, we will guide you through the process of a Netgear router.
- Disconnect your router from all the devices (wired/wireless) after powering it on.
- Now remove all the cables from your router except the power cord.
- Now press and hold the Reset button of your router (located on the back of the router) with a sharp object like a paper clip for seven seconds (lights of your router will flash). If your router has more than one reset button, make sure you are pressing the correct button.
- Then release the Reset button and wait till the router is properly started (power LED of the router will turn green).
- Now connect your router to the internet and then to the PC (make sure PC is not connected to another wired or wireless network).
- Now launch a web browser and check if you can log in to the Disney Plus website.
Solution 7: Try Another Network
ISPs deploy different techniques and methods to manage web traffic and safeguard its users from online threats. However, this error occurs if an essential resource required for the operation of Disney Plus is blocked by your ISP. The same can be confirmed by trying another network.
- Disconnect your system from the current network.
- Now connect your system to another network. If no other network is available, then try to use the hotspot of your phone, and hopefully, you can log in to the Disney Plus website.
If nothing has worked for you, then the log in issue could be a result of a temporary bug in the browser. In this case, trying another browser may solve the problem. If the issue persists in the other browser, then you may have to contact the support of Disney Plus to check if the IP address of your PC/network is not blacklisted.