The Disney Plus Error Code 9 signifies that you have been unexpectedly logged out, ultimately preventing you from streaming content on any of the supported platforms. This issue is commonly experienced following an update to the application or the device’s operating system.
Before you begin troubleshooting, make sure that your payment information on your Disney Plus profile is up to date and that your subscription is active. Check your ZIP or postal code, your card details—including the expiration date—and assure that the card is US-based if it’s required by the service’s terms.
1. Restart the Device and Router
Error code 9 can manifest when there is a malfunction in the communication modules of your device or router. A simple restart of both may remedy this issue:
- Shut down the device and router.
- Disconnect their power cables and wait for at least one minute.
- Reconnect the power cables and turn on the router first.
- After the router’s status lights indicate a stable connection, turn on the device and try accessing Disney Plus again to see if Error Code 9 persists.
- If the issue remains, try switching the stream quality to non-HD and check if the content streams without problems.
2. Clear the Cache of the Disney Plus App and Browser
An outdated or corrupt cache in the Disney Plus app or your web browser could be the culprit for Error Code 9. Clearing the cache is an effective troubleshooting step.
Clear the App’s Cache
- Restart the device, and before opening Disney Plus, go to device Settings > Applications > Disney Plus > Storage.
- Select Clear Cache and then try launching Disney Plus. Verify whether the Error Code 9 has been resolved.
Clear the Browser’s Cache/Cookies
For Chrome, follow these steps:
- Open Chrome and navigate to the Disney Plus website.
- Select the Lock icon in the address bar, then choose Cookies and Site Data.
- Proceed to Manage Cookies and Site Data.
- Remove the Cookies specifically for Disney Plus and return to the lock icon in the address bar.
- Opt for Site Settings and click on Delete Data.
- Select Reset Permissions and then restart the browser.
- Log back into the Disney Plus website to determine if the error has been resolved.
3. Update the Disney Plus App, Device’s OS, and Browser
Outdated versions of the Disney Plus app, your device’s operating system, or your browser can lead to compatibility problems that result in Error Code 9. Ensuring all are up to date is a crucial step.
Update the Disney Plus App
- Access the app store for your device’s platform, search for Disney Plus, and look for an Update option.
- After updating, restart your device and see if Disney Plus functions correctly without displaying Error Code 9.
Update the Device’s OS
For iPhone users:
- Open Settings, then navigate to General > Software Update.
- Download and install any available updates, then restart your iPhone.
- Check Disney Plus again for proper functionality.
- Click on the Chrome menu > Help > About Google Chrome.
- Allow Chrome to update automatically, then click on Relaunch.
- Visit the Disney Plus website and check for proper loading and streaming functionality.
4. Change the Audio Output of the Device
Incompatibility between the Disney Plus app and a device’s audio output settings can also trigger Error Code 9. Adjusting the device’s audio output settings may eliminate the error.
- Restart your device without launching Disney Plus and change the device’s audio output. If using Bluetooth headphones, consider switching to the device’s speakers, or vice versa.
- Once changed, try opening the app and see if the issue is resolved.
5. Reset the Password of the Disney Plus Account
If authentication issues with Disney’s servers are the cause of Error Code 9, resetting the password for your Disney Plus account may clear up the problem.
- Using a browser, visit the Disney Plus website.
- Navigate to the Login page and enter your email address.
- Select Continue then choose Forgot Password.
- Check your email for an OTP sent by Disney Plus. Enter this code on the password reset page and follow the instructions to set a new password.
- After resetting, sign out of the app on all devices, restart your device, then log in with the new password and check for errors.
6. Reinstall the Disney Plus App
Corrupted app components due to an update can also lead to Error Code 9. Reinstalling the Disney Plus app can often fix this issue.
For Android devices:
- Navigate through Settings > Applications > Disney Plus on your Android device.
- Force stop the app and clear its cache/data, which will clear all the past data stored by the app.
- Afterwards, tap Uninstall.
- Confirm your choice, let the app uninstall, and restart your device.
- Reinstall Disney Plus from the app store, open it, and log in to see if it works without issues.
If the error still occurs after these steps, try to use the app on a different device or network to identify if the problem is with your primary device. If so, consider restoring your device to factory settings or reach out to Disney Plus Support for additional assistance.