Trying to activate Travel Chanel on your Streaming device but you’re having trouble completing the operating? Don’t worry, you are not the only one. As opposed to the vast majority of other offerings from Discovery, activating the Travel channel on devices like Roku, Fire TV or Apple TV requires a series of additional steps.
What is Travel Channel?
Travel Channel is a Discovery-owned pay television channel that is headquartered in New York. It features documentaries, how-to, and reality shows about traveling around the United States and through the rest of the world. Besides the United States, Travel Channel is also televised in Europe, Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific.
This channel is available for Xbox Consoles (Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X and S), and for smart streaming devices such as Roku, Smart TV, Fire Stick TV, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, and Android TV.
How to Activate the Travel Channel on My Streaming Device?
The guide to managing to activate Travel Channel might be different depending on your platform, so make sure to follow the one applicable to the streaming device that you’re actively using.
Here are all the supported devices that need to be activated first before you will be able to stream content from the Travel Channel:
- Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X
- Smart TV
- Android TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Apple TV
Follow the instructions below to see how to activate the Travel Channel using the https://auth.watch.travelchannel.com/link page, depending on the platform that you are using:
Activate the Travel Channel app on Roku
- Open the home screen of Roku by pressing the home button on your remote.
- Inside the left-side menu, look for the search option. Then access it and type ’travel channel go’.
- Select the Travel Channel app, then press on Add channel.
- When the installation is complete, tap on Go to Channel.
- Inside the app, navigate with your remote and press on ‘Activate’.
- Next, from the list of TV service providers, choose yours.
Note: Make sure you have an active subscription with a TV provider because if you don’t, the channel won’t work.
- After that, take note of the code that is displayed on your screen.
- Then, use other devices like mobile or computer and go to https://auth.watch.travelchannel.com/link. Insert the code there, then hit Activate.
Activate Travel Channel on Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox Series S / X
- Open the Microsoft Store, then search for Travel Channel.
- After finding it, download and install the app on your Xbox console.
- When the installation is complete, open the Travel Channel app and sign in to your account.
- Follow the given instructions, then the TV activation code will appear on your screen
- Note the code somewhere, then using a separate device, search and access https://auth.watch.travelchannel.com/link.
- After managing to enter the site, type the TV activation code.
Activate Travel Channel on a Smart TV
- Access your specific Smart TV store. Most commonly, you can reach it by clicking on Apps or Store.
Note: Depending on the Smart TV you’re using, the store is different, but the instructions are available for every Smart TV.
- Inside the Smart TV app store, search for Travel Channel.
- After finding the Travel Channel Go app, follow the specific instructions to install it according to your Smart TV operating system.
- Once the application is installed, select the Activate tab with your remote and access it.
- Next, you will be asked to select the service provider that gave you access to Travel Channel go, then sign in with a viable account.
- After a couple of seconds, you should see the activation code being displayed on your screen.
- After you have the activation code, open a browser from a mobile or desktop device and visit the following activation page.
- Insert the activation code and click on Tab on Activate.
- Wait until the authorization process is complete, then move back to your Smart TV as you should be already able to stream content from the Travel Channel.
Activate Travel Channel on Android TV
- Search for the Google Play Store on your TV, then open it.
- Inside the app, go to the search section and search for the Travel Channel Go, then download and install it.
- After the installation is complete, launch the Travel Channel app. When the app is fully loaded, it will request your account.
- Insert the appropriate user credential as you received them from the TV carrier in order to complete the sign-up process.
- After you signed in to your Travel Channel account, you will be able to start watching what you want on your Android TV.
Activate Travel Channel on Samsung Smart TV
- Select TV rather than AV, by pressing the Home button on your remote.
- Located in the bottom left of the screen, access the Apps section and select the search box.
- Inside the search box, search for Travel Channel Go, then access it.
- Download and install the app on your TV.
- After the installation is complete, select the downloaded apps menu located under Apps, then access the Travel Channel Go app.
- The activation code will be displayed on your TV screen, write it down anywhere for the next steps.
- Using your computer or mobile device, access the https://auth.watch.travelchannel.com/link site.
Activate Travel Channel on Apple TV
- Using your remote, navigate to the Home screen, then search and access the Apple Store.
- Inside the Apple Store, navigate to the Search button, then search for Travel Channel.
- After the results are displayed on your screen, select the app and tap on Get to start the installation.
- When finished, the Travel Channel app will be found inside the home screen.
- Open the Travel Channel app, then go to Settings located on the top right side of the screen.
- From the list of available options, select Sign in with a code.
- Take a note of the activation code, then visit https://auth.watch.travelchannel.com/link from a desktop or mobile browser, insert the navigation code, and tap or click on Activate.
Activate Travel Channel on Amazon Fire TV / Fire Stick TV
- Open the Amazon Store app on your Amazon TV or Fire Stick TV.
- Search for the Travel Channel app, then download and install it.
- After the app is fully installed, launch it.
- Inside the app, select Activate, then choose your personal TV service provider.
- Next, take note of the activation code as you’ll need it during the next step.
- Using a computer or mobile device, access https://auth.watch.travelchannel.com/link.
- Insert the activation code that you previously obtained and hit Activate to complete the process.