Blocking someone out of spite, angriness or a misunderstanding is something we can all relate to. However, we often give the other person a chance and reverse our decision. In such cases, you have to unblock that person first. Welcome to the ultimate guide on unlocking the channels of communication on Android and iPhones. So, without further ado let’s dive straight into it.
Table of Contents
How To Unblock a Number On Android
A lot of Android phones like Pixel, OnePlus, OPPO, etc., use Google Dialer as their default phone application. This app is simply called “Phone” on most devices. It’s very easy to unblock a number on Google Dialer, just follow these simple steps:
- Open the Google Dialer application and tap on the three dots present at the top right of the screen.
- Now select the Settings option from the menu box.
- Select the Blocked Numbers option under General.
- Here a list of blocked numbers will appear. Each number will have an “X” mark next to them.
- Tap on this sign and then tap on Unblock to remove it from blocked numbers.
One thing to note here is that when you block a saved contact, the name does not appear in the blocked list. Only the number appears there, so make sure that you are unblocking the correct number.
How To Unblock a Number On Samsung
Some Android phones such as Samsung have their own proprietary dialer app instead of Google Dialer. Although the steps are almost similar, we are including a dedicated section to accommodate our readers rocking Samsung devices as it’s the most popular Android manufacturer out there.
- Open the dialer app and tap on the Keypad option present at the bottom left of the screen.
- Now tap the three dots icon located at the top right of the screen and select Settings from the menu box.
- Tap on the first option of Blocked numbers and this will reveal the list of blocked numbers.
- Each number will have a “–” sign next to it, tapping on it will immediately unblock the number without any confirmation.
- However, in the Samsung dialer, if you block a saved contact, the name will appear below that number in the list.
The steps for Google and Samsung dialers should give you a basic idea of how to unblock a number on any dialer on an Android device.
How To Unblock a Number On iPhone
Even though the dialer is as simple as an application can get, the process for unblocking a number on an iPhone is quite different from Android. We have a dedicated guide explaining the process of unblocking a number on iPhone, be sure to check it out ➔ How To Unblock a Phone Number on Any iPhone
Can You Unreport a Number?
Reporting a number is slightly different than blocking a number. When you report a number, you are informing your phone manufacturer and your carrier that this number is suspicious. While you can unblock a number, you cannot ‘unreport‘ a number. Don’t worry; a single report from your side won’t lead to your carrier banning that number forever.
Mostly we are given the option to report a number when we block it. Just make sure that you are not reporting a person you know as this is unreversible. If you block and report a person, unblocking their number will allow them to message and call you normally, without the report affecting it.
Read More: 5 Best Apps for a Second Phone Number
Hopefully, by now you know how to unblock a number on different smartphones. Although you can easily block someone, but it should only be done when all hope is lost, and you wish no further contact. Always try to talk things out and look for reconciliation. If you have any questions, feel free to drop them down below. Until next time. Ciao.
In case you only block a person from your phone, they do not get blocked from WhatsApp. They can still message you, call you unless you block them from WhatsApp as well.
It is quite easy to conclude if someone has blocked you, as your calls are never attended, and messages never replied to.
No, deleting a blocked contact will not remove it from the blocklist, as numbers rather than contacts get blocked.
Yes, as unblocking the number allows the other person to call and message you again.