- TikTok Profile View History Feature enables users to see who has viewed their profile in the last 30 days. Notifications are sent for each new profile visit.
- You can enable view history through your Profile Page, Privacy Settings, or Inbox in the TikTok app. This feature is only available to users with over 5,000 followers and who are at least 16 years old.
- You can check the profile view history from the Profile Page or Inbox. Disabling the feature removes current history and stops your account from appearing in others' view histories.
Ever wondered who might be peeking into your social media profiles? Let’s be honest we all have, and while most social media platforms don’t have the option to check out who has been through your profile, TikTok is one of the few ones that have this helpful feature.
TikTok’s Profile View History feature allows users to see who has viewed their TikTok profile. This helps users keep a close eye on who might be frequently checking their profile or for new creators, it can help them reach out to the right audience.
In this article, we will be exploring the TikTok profile view history feature and how you can turn on profile views on your TikTok account. So, let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
- What is the TikTok Profile View Feature?
- Prerequisites to Using the Profile View Feature on TikTok
- How to Turn on TikTok Profile View History
- How to Check Your TikTok Profile View History
- Bonus: Disabling Profile Views
- See Who Viewed Your TikTok Profile
What is the TikTok Profile View Feature?
TikTok profile view history has been one of the few features in the app that has brought mixed opinions from users. Profile views allow people to have insights into who has viewed their profile in the last 30 days. This means that each time someone opens up your profile, TikTok will send you a notification to inform you about a new profile visit.
Prerequisites to Using the Profile View Feature on TikTok
Although TikTok profile view history is a great way to keep an eye on your profile visits, the feature isn’t universally available and has a few requirements you should know about.
- Profile view history is only available for users with 5,000 followers.
- Your account age must be 16 years to see your profile view history.
- Only those accounts will show up on your profile view history that also has the feature enabled.
- If your account is private, you can not see your profile view history but you will appear on others.
Apart from these small requirements, it’s important to remember that your profile’s view history can only be accessible to you and isn’t available to either your followers or other users.
How to Turn on TikTok Profile View History
Note: We have used an Android device for the following steps, if you are on an iPhone the steps are entirely the same on the TikTok app.
1. From Your Profile Page
One of the easiest ways to enable the profile views feature is directly through your TikTok profile. Here’s how to enable profile views history from your profile page:
- Launch your TikTok app and tap on your Profile icon.
- Under your Profile tab, tap on the Footsteps icon in the top right corner.
- This will open up the Profile views section. From here, tap on the gear icon.
- From here, toggle on Profile view history.
- Make sure to go through the details and tap on the Turn on button to enable profile view history.
2. From the Privacy Settings
For the second method, we will head into TikTok’s settings to enable the profile view history feature by following these steps:
- Open up your TikTok app and tap on your profile icon.
- From here, tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- This will open a small menu. Here, tap on the Settings and Privacy option.
- Under the Settings and privacy tab, select the Privacy option.
- Next, scroll down to Profile views.
- Once the Profile views tab opens up, toggle on the button next to Profile view history.
- Read out the details and tap on Turn on to enable profile view history on your TikTok account.
3. From the Inbox
Unlike the other two methods, the inbox method isn’t quite common among users as it requires you to go through a few more settings before finally turning the feature on. However, if the above two methods aren’t working for some reason, you can try this method by following these steps:
- Open up your TikTok app and tap on your Inbox icon.
- Once your Inbox opens up, tap on the Activities option.
- From here, tap on the “viewed your profile” notification.
- Now, you’ll need to tap on the gear icon in your Profile views tab.
- Next, toggle on the button next to Profile view history.
- Finally, tap on the Turn on button and you are good to go.
How to Check Your TikTok Profile View History
Once you have the profile view history feature enabled on your TikTok account, you’ll start to get notifications about recent profile visits. If you want to have a closer look at your profile viewers, there are two methods you can follow. Let’s break them down.
1. From Your Profile Page
One of the most straightforward methods to check your profile viewers is by opening up your profile page and using the profile view history option.
Here’s how to check your profile view history:
- Head over to the TikTok app and tap on your profile icon.
- From here, tap on the Footsteps icon to open up your Profile views.
- And that’s pretty much it! Here, you will be able to check out who has been searching for your profile along with an option to Follow them.
2. From Your Inbox
Another method to check your profile view history is by opening up your Inbox tab and from there you’ll need to select the Activities tab. This will open up your account’s recent activity along with notifications for those who recently viewed your profile.
Bonus: Disabling Profile Views
Enabling Profile views can be great to some extent but if you don’t want to get pushed into other people’s view history, you’ll have to disable the feature on your account. However, it’s important to remember that as you disable the profile views history feature, your current profile history will be removed and can only be restored by reactivating it.
To disable profile view history, you’ll have to go through the same process for enabling it but this time you’ll simply toggle off the button next to Profile view history. With profile views turned off, other accounts will not be able to see you in their profile view history.
See Who Viewed Your TikTok Profile
Enabling TikTok profile view history can help you keep a closer eye on who recently viewed your profile or check for users frequently searching for your account. By simply going through a few settings, you can enable or disable profile views to make your TikTok experience a lot more personalized.
There are several reasons why the profile view tab isn’t showing up for you. However, the most common ones are; that you are younger than 16 years old or your account has more than 5,000 followers. If any of the two mentioned reasons are in your account, you can not access the profile views tab in any way.
Although you will not show up on other people’s profile view history if you have the featured disabled for yourself the only time you might show up is if your view occurred within the last 30 days of their view history.
Unfortunately, there isn’t any method that allows you to check other people’s profiles without letting them know about your view. If both you and the profile you are visiting have the feature enabled you can not get past the profile views feature.