Microsoft Outlook is used by nearly 400 million people for sending and receiving mail, but sometimes this becomes really frustrating as it stops functioning and start showing errors on the user’s screen. Just like many others errors Outlook Pii errors, the [pii_email_e7ab94772079efbbcb25] Outlook error is very common among the users. Many users reported that they are seeing an error on their screen while using Outlook and are unable to access and send emails.This is just another error like [pii_pn_8a68e8c174733080624b] error and appears due to various reasons ranging from corrupted installation process or confliction with other applications. The Outlook error [pii_email_e7ab94772079efbbcb25] looks so much technical as it includes the random alphanumeric character like some code but in reality, it is not that technical.
There are solutions that worked for a number of users to resolve the error, so here we have put together the entire possible solutions that help you to solve the Outlook error in your case. But before directly jumping to the fixes it is important to understand what is causing the error. So, without any delay let’s find out the common culprits.
What Causes Outlook Error [pii_email_e7ab94772079efbbcb25]?
- Corrupted Installation – The main reason responsible for the error is the faulty installation of the Outlook application. In some cases, while installing the MS Outlook the applications get corrupted or become faulty and start showing the error. Reinstalling the application may help you to fix the error.
- Multiple accounts – The users who are using multiple Outlook accounts on one device are more likely to see the error. logging in and logging out of more than one account in the same application can cause malfunctioning and may lead to an error. So, log out all the accounts and log in with one account to fix the error.
- Other application confliction – If you installed more than one email tasking application on your device then also Outlook get conflicted with the other software and the applications. Uninstalling the other email application might work for you
- Corrupted cache – If the browser stored cache gets damaged or corrupted this start causing interference when running an application or the program. In this case, clearing the unwanted browser as well as the application cache may help you to fix the error.
- Internet issues – Sometimes the internet issues also stop the certain application from running or taking time for processing any action and in this situation the application start showing error. So, check the speed of your internet or contact the ISP to fix the internet not working problem.
- Outdated Outlook version – Running the outdated Outlook version may cause several problems like malfunction or incompatibility with another program. So look for the latest update available and install it.
So, these are the common culprits that trigger the error in your MS Outlook, now follow the proven fixes and get past the error easily.
Separate the emails and remove the unnecessary ones
If your mailbox contains a large amount of mail, you are most likely facing this error, not only in Outlook but also in your Gmail. If there are too many accounts registered on your device, it will not only cause an error when sending and receiving emails, but it will also cause the application to stop working sometimes. The best solution for this is to separate your emails and log in with those accounts that are important to you. You can also separate the email in Outlook using the alternative option.
After doing this fix, check whether the error persists or has been resolved. If the persisting move to next one.
Clear Application Cache
The application store cache to run quickly when the next time the user approaches to launch it but most of the time this stored cache gets corrupted and cause a problem like MS Outlook not working or the error in question. It is important to clear the cache of the application and relaunch it to solve the error.
Here follow the instructions given to do so:
- Open your PC. Move to the left bottom of the screen to Windows and right-click on it. From the menu opened, click on the Run option. You can also press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialogue box.
- In this dialogue box, type %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook and press on OK.
- It will redirect you to the Outlook application folder. If this folder does not open automatically, you can try opening it manually by going to User at first. Then move to Appdata, then to local. Go to Microsoft then and click on Outlook thereafter.
- The cache folder of the Outlook application will be visible here. For clearing the cache files, you need to delete this folder.
Try to send an email after restarting the Outlook application.
Check whether the error has been resolved or if still facing the error, then you can also recover your cache files from the recycle bin of your system.
Clear Browser Cache
Many times, the corrupted browser cache start causing errors. If you are running MS Outlook on the browser then there is a possibility that the corrupted cache might be conflicting with the outlook and stopping it from running properly. So, clear the browser cache and see if the error is resolved.
For Google Chrome Browser:
Follow the steps given to clear Chrome cache & cookies:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser and after that press the CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE key on the keyboard
- And as a window popup checkmark the entire three boxes, and then from the dropdown menu set the Time range to All time.
- Now click the below option Clear Data
For Microsoft Edge Browser:
If you are using the Edge browser then follow the steps to clear the cache and cookies:
- Launch the Microsoft Edge browser and then press the CTRL+SHIFT+DELETEkeys on the keyboard.
- And you can see a Clear Browsing Databox appears.
- Then select the option Cookies, other site data, and Cached images and files.
- After that click the Clear button in the below section.
Once the browser’s cache is clear try launching the MS outlook application on your browser and see if the error still appears or not.
Update the Outlook Application
If you are running an outdated outlook version then this can also cause an error when sending an email. The outdated outlook version might not be compatible with the latest Windows 10 version and start malfunctioning.
So, check for the available update and install it:
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Move to the Download and Updates menu and search for Outlook. If there is an update available it will be shown there.
- Now open the application page, and press on the update option.
- After doing this, close your system and restart it so that all the changes and settings get implemented.
Check whether the error you were facing has been resolved or you are still getting the Outlook error [pii_email_e7ab94772079efbbcb25] then follow the next solution.
Run SCANPST.exe Tool
The SCANPST.exe is just like the Microsoft Auto Repair Tool and is designed by Microsoft to fix problems related to the MS Office package. The internal issues with the Office package can also cause errors when running the Outlook application and sending emails. Here follow the instructions to run the tool.
- In your system open My Computer.
- Move to Program Files, then to Microsoft Office and then to Office (whichever version you are using)
- Search “SCANPST.exe” in the folder opened, and now run this as administrator.
- Now open the application. Click and search for the PST file that is found corrupted.
- Press on the Start button once you have selected the corrupted PST file. A backup of this file can also be created by using the tool.
Once the corrupted PST file has been repaired, check whether you are still facing the issue or it has got resolved.
Run the Auto Repair Tool
If the SCANPST.exe tool fails to detect and fix the error then try running the Auto Repair tool this inbuilt tool available in Outlook might be able to solve the error in Outlook and allow you to send emails. Here follow the instructions to use it,
- Open your Outlook application. In the top left corner click on File and then move to Account Settings.
- From account settings, click on error causing email account and click on Repair
- Follow all the on-screen instructions shown and most likely your error will get resolved. If not move to the next method.
Check Your Internet Connection
If the internet connection is not working properly and internet speed is not stable then this might also show the error as due to slow internet connection you are unable to send mails or attached a file in the mail. And when the email takes lots of time or gets stuck during sending it result in showing an error on the Outlook screen. So, it is important to test for the internet speed or switch to different internet connections.
- In your system browser search for Speed Test Site.
- After the site gets opened, click on GO. You need to wait for some time till the site check the internet connection. From this, you can estimate the quality of your internet connection.
- After checking the internet, you will come to know whether you were facing an issue due to the internet or any other issue.
Moreover, you can also contact your internet service provider to fix the internet issues. Try connecting your system with the ethernet cable for stable and consistent internet flow.
Set or Modify the SMTP Port
SMTP stands for ‘Simple Mail Transfer Protocol’. This is an electronic mail transmission used for communication. And sometimes the SMOT server changes on the internet. These changes might be conflicting and affect the email transmission which ultimately shows the error on Outlook.
So try to make some changes in the SMTP port by following the steps given and see if this works for you to solve the error.
- Open your Outlook application.
- In the Outlook home screen, move to the top left corner of the screen, click on the files option.
- It will redirect to the account transformation panel. From here you need to choose the email account which is causing the error.
- Choose the email account in the account information panel
- From the email you have chosen, an account settings option will appear. From there select server settings.
- After selecting the server settings, a tab will get opened up where we can view the SMTP of your account. From there select the outgoing, and from the image provided below compare the following server name and port settings.
- Make all the necessary changes that are suitable, and finally click on and then save this setting
Just restart the application and try sending an email to check whether the error is occurring again or not.
Look for the Duplicate Account
This is another most possible reason that results in showing the [pii_email_e7ab94772079efbbcb25] error on Outlook. The users having duplicate accounts are seen struggling with the pii_email errors. So, check if you are having duplicate or multiple accounts then remove the other account and fix the error in your case.
Follow the instructions given to do so:
- In your system go to Windows and open Control Panel. In it change the view to the large category, over there click on Mail.
- Then move to Mail Control Panel.
- After this click on the Mail option, a pop-up will appear on the screen. From the pop-up opened, click on “Email Accounts”
- A screen showing all the mail accounts which are configured to your Microsoft Outlook will get opened.
- Check if there are any duplicate accounts present. If you find duplicate accounts there, then delete them.
Restart your system and check whether you are still facing this issue or it has been resolved.
Check for Windows 10 Troubleshooting Center
If you are facing any issues or errors with your installed programs, you can rectify them in Windows Troubleshooting Centre. For example, when Microsoft Office does not get installed correctly it may cause an error. Connect to the Windows 10 Troubleshooting Center and then on the app, you need to run a diagnostic test. Follow all the necessary instructions shown on the screen and follow them. This will most probably solve your error.
Reinstall The Microsoft Office Package
If none of the above-listed solutions works in your case, then there is a possibility that during installation the Microsoft office package gets corrupted or damaged and while running any program it starts showing errors. If this case is applicable then you need to uninstall and then reinstall the Microsoft Office package and see if the problem is fixed.
- On your system, open Control Panel and open Program and Features.
- From there you need to double click on Office 365. (Microsoft Outlook will be present in Outlook 365 or some other Microsoft suite you have installed)
- Follow all the instructions which appear on the screen.
- Download the latest version of Microsoft Office and install it by visiting their official site.
- Create a new account there and it to Microsoft Office.
Now check to see whether the error still persists or not. This is all about the Outlook Pii error, follow the solutions given to solve the error completely.