Many users reported the error code [pii_pn_8a68e8c174733080624b] on Microsoft Outlook. This is also known as the Microsoft Outlook Pii error code and usually means that MS Outlook is not working or functioning properly.The error code usually comes up when they try to run the Outlook window and send an email or due to the error between the SMTP server or the port. And after investigating we find out there is a variety of different reasons that stop the outlook from running properly. So here we have listed the possible fixes that help you to resolve the Outlook error. But before heading towards those fixes it is important to understand what is causing the error.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
What Causes pii_pn_8a68e8c174733080624b Error Code?
- Corrupted browser cache – Many times the cache stored in your browser gets corrupted and cause problem while running certain programs and application. So, clearing the unwanted cache of the browser and application may work for you.
- Outdated Outlook version – If the Outlook version you are running is outdated then this can cause incompatibility issues and malfunctioning while running, so check for the latest update available and update the MS outlook version installed on your system.
- Multiple Outlook accounts logged in – Many users confirmed that logged in as multiple Outlook email accounts on the same computer are most likely to cause the error. So, check for the account’s details log out and log in with one account detail.
- Network glitches – The unstable, poor internet connection and most likely to cause glitches and internal issues that stop the outlook from running properly. So, check for the internet speed and if it is not stable then switch to a different internet connection.
- Installed Several Email Clients – The users who had installed multiple email clients and applications on their PC as seeing the error pii_pn_8a68e8c174733080624b on Outlook. There are ample chances the email client installed on your system conflict with the Outlook application. Uninstall the other email clients installed on your system.
Now as you are familiar with the common culprits responsible for the Outlook error here follow the possible solutions to resolve the error completely.
Clear Cache and Cookies
As directed above the cache and the cookies stored in the browsers or the apps get corrupted and cause various issues and errors. So, removing the cache and cookies works for you to solve the error. First, try to remove the corrupted cache and cookies of your Outlook app and the browser.
Clear Outlook App Corrupted Data:
- Press the “Windows + R” shortcut key from the keyboard which opens the Run Dialog Box
- In it, type in %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook and click on the OK button.
- It will automatically redirect you to the outlook application folder. If it doesn’t open for you, you can search for this application manually by navigating to Users, then AppData, Local, Microsoft and then Outlook.
- In this, you would be able to view the Outlook cache folder. Deleting this folder will clear all the cache of the application,
- Now try sending an email by restarting the application, if still seeing the error then head to the next solution.
For Google Chrome Browser:
Follow the steps given to clear Chrome cache & cookies:
- Start Chrome browser and hit the CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE key on your keyboard
- Now a window popup makes sure all the three boxes are checked, and from the dropdown menu set the Time range to All time.
- And click on the Clear Data option
For Edge Browser:
Follow the instructions given for clearing cache & cookies:
- Start the Edge browser and hit the CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE key on your keyboard.
- Now a Clear Browsing Data dialogue box appears.
- Here choose Cookies, other site data, and Cached images and files.
- Next, click the Clear button
Now after clearing the browser’s cache launch the Outlook application to see if the error is resolved or not.
Update the Older Version of the Software
If you are running an outdated Outlook version then this can also cause the error. The outdated outlook version faces the incompatibility issue and is unable to perform certain functions and features that cause various glitches and bugs which leads to the pii_pn_8a68e8c174733080624b error. Check for the latest available update and install it.
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Click on Download and Updates option. If your Outlook needs an update, it will appear in this menu.
- If it shows up, open the Outlook page and click on the update option.
- Restart your computer after finishing the update so that all the changes or settings get applied.
This would probably solve the error you are facing or move on to the next step.
Logged in with Multiple Outlook Email Accounts
Microsoft Outlook can show errors due to some malfunction in its software or software failure. If you are using multiple email accounts on the same computer then this causes the error and to overcome this issue, log out of your Outlook account. And logging in again after a couple of minutes with a single account. Hope this works for you to fix this software issue after signing in.
Remove the Unnecessary Emails
If you have too many emails piled up in your system, you are highly prone to get this error in Outlook. If you have too many accounts where you have logged in, then you may face issues while sending and receiving mails, and many times the application may also stop working.
To overcome this use emails that are absolutely important to you, or you can use the attentive option present in Outlook to separate your emails. If this doesn’t work for you then try the next method.
Check your Internet Connection
The error is most likely to appear due to the poor or unstable internet connection. So, make sure your internet connection is working fine, also try to open other pages and run other services like YouTube to check your internet speed and stability.
If other services are also not running properly then contact your Internet service provider for help also if you are connected via Wi-Fi then use a wired connection.
Set or Change the SMTP Port
This solution worked for several users to solve the Outlook error, so try setting or modifying the SMTP port to solve the error. The SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is the communication procedure for the electronic mail’s transmission. Whereas on the web, modifications between the SMTP server start causing issues for many users or also disturb the mail transmission.
So, follow the steps given to do so:
- Open your Outlook application.
- Click on the file option on the top left-hand side of the page.
- It will redirect to the account information menu. Here you have to select the email where you are getting this error.
- Then click on the account settings which shows up in the email, and then proceed to select server settings.
- After clicking on the server setting, a tab showing the SMTP of your account will get opened, you need to select outgoing for it, and then proceed to compare the port setting or the server name from the image provided below.
- Make all the changes that are important, click on OK and next to save this setting.
- Try sending an email to see whether the error has gone or not after restarting the application.
Use Original Software
If you are using any duplicate program, you get this error. So check if the outlook version you are using is duplicate then utilize the original software in order to solve the error. Make sure to run the Microsoft Outlook version and send emails using it. Also, uninstall the duplicate program installed on your system as this conflict with other email clients installed on your device.
Uninstall & Reinstall the Software
If you are still facing this error, then try deleting the application and installing it once again from the Microsoft official website. Ensure you are using the most recent version of the application. Follow the steps given carefully for uninstall and then reinstall the Outlook software.
- Hit Windows + I key for open
- Then click on Apps and from the left-hand side choose Apps & features option
- Now from the list find the Microsoft Office Desktop Apps and click on them.
- Head to the Advanced options link that appears
- Locate Outlook from the appeared window and click on the Uninstall button.
- Make confirmation if you see if popup window related to the uninstallation process confirming window.
Once you successfully uninstalled Microsoft Outlook make sure to reinstall it from the Microsoft official website. And after reinstalling the application, try to relaunch the Microsoft outlook version and send the emails.
Check if you are able to send the email without seeing the pii_pn_8a68e8c174733080624b Outlook error on Windows. But is still seeing the error then head to the next possible solution.
Contact Microsoft Outlook Support
If you are still facing the error, you should contact Microsoft Support Team. The team will surely reach to you and offer the possible solutions to get past the error. You can now reconfigure Outlook easily to get past the error with ease.
So, these are possible fixes that help you to solve the Outlook error pii_pn_8a68e8c174733080624b and start sending emails with ease.