You might be now in possession of a new Android Wear Smartwatch and need to get started with it without any problems. Well, some people may overlook the need for a setup process that is meant to be helpful in customizing the Smartwatch. It is essential to follow the set-up guide which we are providing you for your Android Wear Smartwatch.
The types of Android Wear Smartwatches available may include Nexus 6, Samsung Gear Live, LG G Watch, and Huawei Watch 2 just to mention a few. Whichever Smartwatch you’ve got, there is a need to undergo the setup process by following the recommended settings and downloading the required apps.
Initial setup for Android Wear Smartwatch
Before getting started with the setup process, there are some important considerations you need to put in place in order to achieve a successful setup procedure. This will ensure that you have no unnecessary problems while setting up the Android Wear Smartwatch of your choice.
First of all, you need to ensure that you power on your Smartwatch and Smartphone. If they do not power up, you will need to charge them by connecting them to a power source. Your battery should be full before starting your set up process.
Also, make sure that you turn on the Bluetooth on your phone. You will achieve this by following the steps below:
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Click on the Bluetooth option and then toggle the switch next to Bluetooth to turn it on.
You also need to make sure that your Smartwatch and Phone are compatible. If they are not compatible, there is a possibility that the two won’t connect successfully. You need to ensure that the Wear OS is compatible with your phone. For instance, Wear OS by Google works well with phones that run Android version 4.4 and later versions while excluding the Go edition. Interestingly, the Wear OS can pair with not only Android phones but also iOS devices. Therefore, to check the Android version of your phone:
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Scroll down to About device and tap on it.
- on the About device screen, check the Android version of your phone.
Moreover, you should also take into consideration the distance between your Android Wear Smartwatch and your phone. To achieve a successful setup process, you will have to ensure that these two devices are closer together. This will guarantee an effective pairing of the devices.
Finally, you will have to get the Wear OS by Google app which will enable you to connect your Smartwatch with your phone. With Wear OS app, you will be able to set up your Android Wear Smartwatch successfully. To download Wear OS app, follow the procedure below:
- Go to Google Play Store on your phone.
- Type Wear OS in the search bar.
- Then click on Install.
The Setup Procedure for Android Wear Smartwatch
After ensuring every consideration is put in place in the initial setup process, you can now proceed and set up your Android Wear Smartphone. You need to follow the procedure outlined below to guarantee a fruitful setup process:
- First, turn on your Smartwatch by pressing the Power button.
- Launch the Wear OS app on your phone and set it up.
- Your watch will prompt you to select a language. So, choose an appropriate language on your watch.
- On your watch, accept the terms of service and proceed.
- While Bluetooth is on in your phone, go back to the Wear OS app and follow the onscreen instructions as it finds your Smartwatch. Tap the name of your Smartwatch once you notice it.
- Next, you will need to pair the devices. You will be able to see the code on your phone and Smartwatch. If the codes are the same, you will have to click on Pair on your phone. On the contrary, if the codes do not match, try to restart your Smartwatch and phone then try again.
- The wear OS app may prompt you to enable the notification access. This depends on the settings of your Smartwatch.
- To finish, you will have to follow the onscreen instructions and wind up. If your Smartwatch and phone achieved a successful connection, you will find “Connected” in the Wear OS app and on your Smartwatch. Otherwise, you will notice “Disconnected “on your Smartwatch screen.
- After a successful connection, you will be set up and ready to go.
In addition to this, you can be able to add other useful components to your Android Wear Smartwatch that will surely be handy. You may need to download and install third-party apps that will enable you to perform a number of amazing tasks like Smart Home remote control among others. You may also be able to set your fitness goal and reminders as well as refining your messaging replies.