There is no denying that AMD’s attempt at recapturing the processor market did not go in vain. The company managed to make a dent in Intel’s monopoly with the first release of the Ryzen series processors. However, this was just the start as last year, AMD made a comeback with the second generation of Ryzen CPUs, and is now gearing towards the third. While buying AMD Processors, check out Best B350 Motherboards Guide as well.
Needless to say, AMD is not slowing down, and that is certainly a good thing. However, that does not mean that we do not pay attention to what is available currently. As a matter of fact, AMD has some pretty great processors in their repertoire and we have decided to take a look at the two particular options that can be currently had for a great price.
Recommended Motherboards For Ryzen Processors
|1||Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master||Best Overall AMD Motherboard|| |
|2||ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero||Best High-End AMD Motherboard|| |
|3||MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi||Best Mid-Range AMD Motherboard|| |
|4||MSI MAG B550M Mortar||Best Budget AMD Motherboard|| |
|Product Name||Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master|
|Award||Best Overall AMD Motherboard|
|Product Name||ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero|
|Award||Best High-End AMD Motherboard|
|Product Name||MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi|
|Award||Best Mid-Range AMD Motherboard|
|Product Name||MSI MAG B550M Mortar|
|Award||Best Budget AMD Motherboard|
Last Update on 2022-11-27 at 00:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
We are talking about the AMD 7 Ryzen 2700 and AMD Ryzen 7 2700X. Both of these processors look a lot similar than each other but in terms, they do some differences that set them apart. While both are based on the same architecture, there are a few places where these processors differ.
AMD Motherboard Guides: Best X470 Motherboards
Is the different worth the extra cost? Well, that is what we are going to find out.
Note: In order to make things easier for the consumers, we are going to do a small comparison and mention why you should prefer one to the other.
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
When we reviewed the best gaming CPUs, we called the Ryzen 2700X, the best CPU in terms of value. It happens to be AMD’s flagship processor in the second generation of Ryzen CPUs. It comes with 8 cores, 16 threads, and offers an impressive 3.7 GHz base clock. The process is currently retailing for $280, which in our opinion, is a great value, to begin with.
Now that we have the rudimentary factors out of the way, we are going to take a look at some of the reasons why anyone should go with the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X. So, let’s have a look.
Why You Should Settle With the Ryzen 7 2700X over the Ryzen 7 2700
Below, you are going to find some pointers that will help you determine whether you should settle with the Ryzen 7 2700X or Ryzen 7 2700. So, let’s not delay that and have a look, shall we?
- Faster Single Core Performance: The Ryzen 7 2700X offers faster single core performance than the Ryzen 7 2700, which translates into better overall performance in games.
- Faster Cores: Thanks to the higher clock speeds, the Ryzen 7 2700X is better in overall clock speeds, which theoretically means better performance.
- Faster Multi-Core Speed: When it comes to multi-core speed that is usually used in productivity applications, the Ryzen 7 2700X offers faster speeds across the board.
- Faster Base Frequency: If you are those who generally prefer having a faster base frequency, the Ryzen 7 2700X is definitely for you because it does provide you with that, as well. When the benefit of having a higher base frequency that is often overlooked is the fact that you can actually dial in higher overclocks as well.
Above mentioned are some of the reasons why anyone should go with the Ryzen 7 2700X. Needless to say, the reasons are pretty convincing. However, what is more, important is whether these are enough to sway one’s decision.
We are now going to take a look at the Ryzen 7 2700 and see how compelling an option that is.
Ryzen 7 2700
As compared to the Ryzen 7 2700X, this option is for those who are not looking to spend a lot of money. The Ryzen 7 2700 retails for $205, comes with 8 cores, 16 threads, and a base frequency of 3.2 GHz. The frequency is certainly on the slower side, but does it makes a huge difference? Well, we already talked about what differences are in the previous section.
We will now shed light on some of the reasons why you should consider the Ryzen 7 2700, this is obviously a really important factor, so it is best that we pay attention to it.
Why You Should Settle With the Ryzen 7 2700 over the Ryzen 7 2700X
There are, obviously, reasons that you should settle with the Ryzen 7 2700, but are those compelling enough for the average customer? That is what we are going to be looking at in this section.
- It is Cheaper: The first winning point that Ryzen 7 2700 gets is that it is cheaper when compared to the 2700X. How cheap are we talking? Well, the 2700X costs $280 while 2700 costs $205. That is about 27 percent cheaper than the 2700X, which can certainly make a difference for those who are on a budget.
- More Energy Efficient: Ryzen 7 2700X is known for having a TDB of 105 watts, it is certainly high for a mainstream desktop processor. Compared to that, the Ryzen 7 2700 only has a 65-watt TDP, making the processer about 38 percent more energy efficient.
More AMD Motherboard Guides: Best X399/TR4 Motherboards
Sadly, the good things end here for the Ryzen 7 2700. Aside from the aforementioned reasons, we cannot seem to find more convincing reasons that will sway our decision to this one. Which is something we already understood?
Drawing a conclusion from this should not be a difficult process. As a matter of fact, it is fairly easy and simple to understand the process. For those who are looking for a top of the line performance, and do not have any concerns for the price, or the overall power draw, the Ryzen 2700X is definitely the choice to go with.
However, if you are on a budget and you also want to save money but you do not have any issue with sacrificing some performance in return, then the Ryzen 7 2700 is definitely one of the more compelling options available.
Similar Reads: Best X299 Motherboards