Wondershare Helper Compact is part of the package of Wondershare Video converter. According to several forum officials, this is a ‘legal’ program which you presumably install yourself on your computer. Its main task is to assist your video conversion by giving pop-ups and helping you through the entire process.
Despite its main functionality or purpose, we came across tons of user reports where this software was causing several errors and issues with the operating system. Around 80% of the users reported that their Windows got slowed down after installing the software and they were unable to perform even the smallest of tasks.
Is Wondershare Helper Compact Useful?
The answer is no. Despite the software displaying popups to help you in your process of video conversion using Wondershare Video converter, Helper compact is more or less adware. It constantly annoys users and wastes the resources of their computer.
If you are done using the Wondershare Video Converter, you should consider uninstalling it from your computer. If not, you can ‘try’ uninstalling Wondershare Helper Compact only but we came across several cases where the sole software wasn’t getting removed without uninstalling the entire module.
How to remove Wondershare Helper Compact from my computer?
There are several different ways through which you can attempt to remove the adware from your computer. We will start with the easiest and simplest methods and increase our complexity if normal uninstallation doesn’t work for you.
Make sure that you are logged in as an administrator and you have good access to the internet on your computer. Furthermore, it is also recommended that you attempt at uninstalling Wondershare Video Converter as well.
Method 1: Using the Application Manager
Each Windows copy has an application manager where all the installed packages are displayed. It also lists the version and the installation dates as well. In our first attempt, we will try to uninstall Wondershare Helper Compact using the default application manager and see if this does the trick. Make sure that you are logged in as an administrator on your computer before proceeding.
- Press Windows + R, type “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Once in the application manager, search for the entry of Wondershare (we suggest that you uninstall all Wondershare products. Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- After you are done uninstall all Wondershare products, restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
If the application isn’t listed in the application manager, we will attempt at uninstalling it using your settings. The Settings application also has the option to uninstall applications directly with a click of a button.
- Press Windows + I to launch the Settings. Now click on the sub-category of Apps.
- Now search for Wondershare products. Click on them once and select Uninstall.
- Restart your computer after performing the above actions and check if the application is uninstalled successfully.
Method 2: Deleting File Leftovers
There are several instances where uninstalling the software doesn’t completely remove all the modules from your computer. Normally, whenever you uninstall something, all the linking and leftover files are deleted automatically. However, in some cases, they don’t and this is the case for Wondershare. In this solution, we will be navigating to several different file locations and deleting all the entries of Wondershare manually one by one. Make sure that you have administrator access to perform this method.
- Press Windows + E and navigate to the following file locations one by one:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Wondershare C:\Program Files (x86) C:\Program Data C:\Users\<Username>\Documents C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\
- Now delete the file/folders of Wondershare one by one from all the locations listed above.
Also, make sure that you delete the following file (if present).
Note: Make sure that you don’t delete any other package as this might render it unusable.
- After deleting all the entries, restart your computer properly and check if the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Deleting Registry Entries
Every application which you install gets registry entries created as well. Registry entries are entities which help the computer in operating the software package and they provide additional information to the operating system whenever required. In case of Wondershare, we came across a scenario where uninstalling the software didn’t delete the registry entries and Wondershare Helper Compact still caused inconvenience to several users. In this method, we will install a third-party application and use it to search for Wondershare and delete all the entries manually.
- Navigate to Registry Scanner’s download website and download the latest version of the software to an accessible location.
- After extracting all the contents, run the executable.
- A window will pop up asking you to enter the string which you want to search. Enter Wondershare in the dialogue box and click on Scan present at the bottom of the window.
- Now whichever entry comes forward, make sure that you delete it. After deleting all the entries of Wondershare, restart your computer and check if the software is completely erased from your computer.
Note: Deleting wrong registry keys can damage your computer a lot. We recommend that you check our article of How to Back Up and Restore the Registry on Windows 7, 8 and 10 and backup your registry just in case. Also, don’t unnecessarily delete the registries from your computer which aren’t related to Wondershare.
Method 4: Uninstalling using IObit Uninstaller
If all the above methods fail to work, you should consider uninstalling Wondershare applications using the third-party application IObit Uninstaller. IObit is known for its effectiveness and can quickly uninstall entire application’s files as well as registry entries with a click of a button.
Note: Appuals has no affiliation with any third-party applications. All applications are listed here solely for the information of the user.
- Navigate to IObit’s official website and download the free version to your computer.
- Run the executable to install the application on your computer and run it.
- Search through the entries and locate Wondershare. Check it and click on the button of Uninstall.
- IObit will now attempt at uninstalling the package. After the uninstallation is done, restart your computer and see if the issue is resolved.
Method 5: Scanning using MalwareBytes
If the software refuses to get removed from your computer, you should consider scanning your computer for potential malware and viruses. There are several instances where malware disguised as applications affect your computer and keep running in the background which might cause issues for you and make sure your computer slower. You can primarily scan your computer using Windows defender but Malwarebytes is also a good third-party option.
There are several antivirus software through which you can get rid of virus or malware on your computer. You can check our article on how to remove malware using MalwareBytes. After the malware is removed, restart your computer and check if Wondershare is removed successfully.
Solution 6: Restoring your operating system
If all the above methods fail and you still cannot get Wondershare out of your system, you can perform a system restore after backing your data safely.
System restore rollbacks your Windows to the last time it was working correctly. The restoring mechanism automatically creates backups either periodically or in-time whenever you install a new update or an application. Either an entry will automatically be created when you installed Wondershare or you can restore from a point which was made before the installation of the software.
- Press Windows + S to launch the start menu’s search bar. Type “restore” in the dialogue box and select the first program which comes in the result.
- One in the restore settings, press System Restore present at the beginning of the window under the tab of System Protection.
- Now a wizard will open navigating you through all the steps to restore your system. You can either select the recommended restore point or choose a different restore point. Press Next and proceed with all the further instructions.
- Now select the restore point from the list of options available. If you have more than one system restore points, they will be listed here. In this example,
- Now windows will confirm your actions for the last time before it starts the system restore process. Save all your work and backup important files just in case and proceed with the process.
Hopefully, Wondershare will not bother you anymore.