The TwDsUiLaunch process in Task Manager is associated with the printer connected to your computer. Although its description may appear ambiguous, causing some to be concerned, it is generally not a cause for alarm.
This article aims to clarify what the TwDsUiLaunch process encompasses and how you can ensure it operates correctly on your computer.
What is the TwDsUiLaunch.exe file?
The TwDsUiLaunch.exe file is a component of the software for Brother printers and is recognized by Microsoft as compatible with Windows hardware. You will usually find this file in a system directory on your PC that resembles the following path:
This executable is crucial for the optimal functioning of Brother’s software, which allows you to effectively manage your printer and utilize its features.
Is the TwDsUiLaunch.exe file safe?
TwDsUiLaunch.exe is considered safe when it is part of your computer’s installation of Brother printer software. If you do not use Brother printers and notice this process operating, it could indicate an issue.
To verify the file’s legitimacy, right-click the process in Task Manager and select “Open File Location.” If the file does not reside within a Brother software directory or another trusted location, scan your system for potential threats like viruses or malware.
How to Disable TwDsUiLaunch.exe?
If the TwDsUiLaunch.exe process is nonessential for your use, and you wish to disable it (particularly when the appropriate Brother printer software is installed), here are the steps to follow:
- Right-click on the Start Menu icon on your taskbar.
- From the menu, select Task Manager.
- In Task Manager, navigate to the Startup tab.
- Right-click on TwDsUiLaunch and select Disable from the context menu.
- This action will stop the process from being launched automatically with system startup.
How to Remove TwDsUiLaunch.exe?
Should you not require a Brother printer or suspect that your computer has been compromised, it’s advisable to perform security checks to eradicate any malicious entities. Commence by executing a complete system scan with Windows Defender or use reputable third-party antivirus software. Following the scans, remedy any corrupted Windows files using the utilities provided by the operating system.
1. Perform System Scan via Windows Defender
Windows Defender, integrated within the Windows Security suite available in all Windows installations, is an effective defense against malware and viruses. Follow these steps to perform a scan:
- Open the Windows Security app by searching for it via the Start Menu.
- Click on the Virus and Threat Protection section.
- Select Scan options to view additional scanning choices.
- Choose the Full scan option and initiate the scan by clicking Scan now.
- There is also a Customized scan option for scrutinizing particular files, if necessary.
- Allow the scan to complete.
2. Use Third-Party Security Program
Various third-party security applications can effectively identify and remove malware and viruses. Consider following our in-depth guide on malware removal using MalwareBytes to clear any harmful files from your system.
3. Repair System Files Integrity
Post security checks, confirm the integrity of system files to ensure your PC’s stable operation. Employ the built-in Windows utilities, such as the System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM), for this purpose.
Utilize these commands in an elevated command prompt to execute the repairs:
- Search for Command Prompt from the Start Menu and select Run as administrator to open it with elevated privileges.
- Type the following command and press Enter:
- Post SFC scan, input this command and hit Enter:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Upon completion, reboot your computer.
In conclusion, if TwDsUiLaunch is found to be illegitimate on your system, these methods will help you completely remove it and restore your system to a functional state, free from potential security risks.