Discord, over the past few years, has gained a lot of popularity due to its features and the unique approach it brought towards instant messaging and communication. Notorious with gamers, Discord is really a good alternative to other communication software like Teamspeak and more. If you wish to uninstall Discord from your computer due to whatever reason, you have come to the right place as we will be taking you through the process step by step.
The process is rather very simple and you can uninstall Discord with a few simple clicks. With that in mind, we will be mentioning a number of methods that you can follow to achieve the target here so you can go through with whichever looks straightforward and easy to you. As it turns out, Discord is installed in the AppData directory that is located inside your Windows drive. With that said, without further ado, let us get right into it and show you how to uninstall Discord from your PC.
Uninstall Discord from Windows Settings
One of the first ways of uninstalling any application installed on your system is through the Windows Settings app. You can find all the applications that you have installed on your system under the Apps category of the Windows Settings window. From there, the operating system lets you uninstall any application that you wish to. To do this, follow the instructions given down below:
- First of all, press the Windows key + I combination to open up the Windows Settings window.
- Once the Windows Settings window is open, click on the Apps option provided.
- This will take you to the Apps and features tab. Here, you will be able to see all the applications that are currently installed on your system.
- From the list, locate Discord. You can also search for the application via the search bar given.
- Once you have found Discord, click on it to expand the menu and reveal additional options.
- After that, click on the Uninstall button provided. Go through the on-screen prompts to finish the uninstallation of Discord.
Uninstall Discord from Control Panel
In addition to the Windows Settings app, you can also see the programs that you have currently installed on your system via the Control Panel. The Control Panel lets you change and configure Windows settings including the date and time, system security and much more. In this method, we will be using it to uninstall Discord from your computer. To do this, follow the instructions given down below:
- First of all, open up the Control Panel by searching for it in the Start Menu. Hit Enter on the result shown.
- Once the Control Panel is open, click on the Uninstall a program option under Programs.
- At this point, you will be shown a list of all the applications that reside on your computer. Locate Discord from the list and then double-click on it to uninstall it from your computer.
- Alternatively, you can also just select Discord and then click the Uninstall button at the top to remove it from your computer.
- Once you have done that, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstallation.
Uninstall Discord with CCleaner
CCleaner is a third-party utility that is developed by Piriform that lets you clean unwanted files that are on your system. In addition to that, you are also able to clean invalid registry keys along with the ability of uninstalling applications that are installed on your system. There are a lot of third-party uninstallers available but a lot of them come with additional bloatware that can ruin your experience while using your computer which is why we are using CCleaner here. To uninstall Discord using CCleaner, follow the instructions given down below:
- First of all, make sure that you have CCleaner installed on your system. In case you don’t, you can freely download the application by going to this link right here which takes you to the official download page.
- Once you have done that, open up CCleaner on your computer.
- After that, on the left-hand side, click on the Tools tab.
- This will take you to the Uninstall section where all the applications will be listed.
- From the list, locate Discord and select it.
- Once you have done that, click on the Uninstall button given.
- On the follow-up prompt, click the OK button to proceed with the uninstallation.
Delete Remaining Discord Files and Keys
As it turns out, once you uninstall Discord from your system, it still leaves some files that are located in the AppData directory. In addition to that, the registry keys of the application are also leftover. If you wish to completely uninstall Discord from your system, it is recommended that you get rid of both of these things. To do this, follow the instructions given down below:
- First of all, open up the Run dialog box by pressing Windows key + R.
- In the Run dialog box, type in %AppData% and hit the Enter key.
- This will take you to the Roaming directory inside AppData. Here, locate the discord file and delete it.
- Then, go back and open up the Local folder. Here, locate the Discord folder and delete it as well.
- Once you have done that, it is time to delete the registry keys. To do this, open up the Run dialog box again.
- Then, type in regedit and hit the Enter key.
- This shall open up the Windows Registry window.
- In the Windows Registry window, press Ctrl + F to open up the Find dialog box.
- Here, type discord and then hit Enter.
- This should take you to the Discord folder.
- Right-click on the folder on the left-hand side and click Delete the option.
- Repeat the process until no results are found.
- That’s it, you are done. You have successfully uninstalled Discord from your computer completely.