Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Connection Timed Out Error is a connection error that arises when the game servers are down or your internet is facing stability or connectivity issues. We found that the leading cause of this error is the server being down, and as a result, you might be encountering this error.
Now let’s have a look; what are the culprits of this error:-
- Servers are Under Maintenance or Down- The error is mostly observed when the servers are down or under maintenance. Hence, ensure that the servers are not down. Visit the official Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Twitter account to check the server status.
- Bad Internet Connection- Connection timed-out errors mostly occur when there is an issue with the internet connection. If you are facing issues with your internet, it could either be from the client or ISP. Therefore, diagnosing your internet connection could help solve this issue.
- Outdated Game- If the error frequently occurs, ensure no game updates are available from the server, as running an outdated game client could cause several network issues.
- Game Ports Are Blocked- There is also a high chance that the game ports are blocked from the Windows defender firewall, which stops the game from communicating to the game servers, causing network issues.
- Misconfigured Network Settings- Misconfigured Network connection can also be the reason for this error to occur. To fix this issue, try resetting the network settings to their default.
1. Check Server Status
When the error occurs, you should first check the game’s server status, as the game server might be down or under maintenance. To check the server status, you can visit their official Twitter account. If you cannot find anything related to the server being down, you can visit the game forums to ensure that other users are facing the same issue. If you can locate some other users with the same error, that means there is a high probability that it is from the server side.
2. Check Internet Connection
If the servers are not down and you are still encountering the error, you could try troubleshooting your internet connection, as the error may occur due to unstable connectivity from the Internet Service Provider. It is recommended to check the internet connection before moving further to other solutions. Follow the steps below:
- Open your browser and search for Speed Test
- Visit the official speed test website and check your internet speed.
- If the internet is working fine and still encountering this error, it could be a server problem.
3. Try Using the Hotspot Connection
While facing the same issue, some users found that they could play the game without errors when connected via a hotspot connection. You can connect a hotspot on your computer to check if the error is fixed. Follow the steps to enable a hotspot:
- To turn on the hotspot, connect your mobile data or WIFI
- Now turn on the hotspot and connect your computer to the hotspot
- Then, launch the game and check if the issue persists.
4. Use VPN
As the error can be resolved using the hotspot, there is a high chance that the error can be fixed by using a VPN. An application that uses to change IP addresses and locations to change the region and routing to the server. Moreover, it allows the user to communicate with the server encrypted. You can check out our curated list of VPNs that are good for streaming and gaming.
5. Power Cycle Wi-Fi Router
If the error occurs due to an unstable internet connection, try power cycling the router, as it sometimes helps when the internet does not work properly. Power cycling the router does not give better bandwidth, but it can increase internet speed temporarily by disconnecting some devices. Follow the steps to power-cycle the router:
- Unplug the WIFI router from the electric outlet
- Then, wait for 2 to 3 minutes and plug the router’s power cable back to check the internet connection
- After power cycling, check if the error is fixed.
6. Update the Game
The outdated game can also be the reason for this error, as the outdated game may not be able to contact the server, and as a result, you might be having this network error. Check if there are any updates that are available.
- Launch Epic Games store and go to Library
- Search for Tiny Tina’s Wonderland in your library; if the update is available, there should be an option to update the game.
7. Reset Network Settings
Misconfiguration of network settings triggers several network errors in any game. Therefore, if you are using any kind of proxy or DNS, and using other settings, resetting the network settings may help.
- To reset the network settings, press Win + I simultaneously to launch Settings.
- Click the Network & Internet
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Network Reset
- Now click the Reset Now button
- Once done, your computer will be restarted.
8. Allow the Game Through Firewall
You can try another solution if the error persists; allowing the game.exe file through the Windows firewall may help if the Windows firewall is blocking the game ports that need to contact the server. Hence, you may need to allow the game through the firewall. Below are the steps:
- Launch Control Panel by typing it on Windows search
- Go to the following path
Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall
- Click Allow An App Or Feature Through Windows Defender Firewall
- Click Change Settings, then click Allow Another App
- Click Browse and go to the game’s location to select the .exe file
- Then, click Open and click Add
- After that, tick the Private and Public option
- Once done, check if the issue is resolved.
- If the method does not work, try disabling the firewall or Windows defender.
9. Verify or Reinstall the Game
If none of the methods has worked for you, the last thing you can do is to verify or reinstall the game, as some files may get corrupted, and for that reason. Follow the steps to reinstall the game.
- To reinstall the game, launch the Epic Games and go to Library
- Click on Three Dots and go to Manage, then click Verify
- If you want to uninstall, click Uninstall
- Once done, install the game and check if the error is fixed.