- These notifications appear as a priority and can bypass the Do Not Disturb/Focus mode on iPhones. Snapchat uses this for notifications like streaks, friend's stories, snap replies, breaking streaks, and friend's birthdays.
- To turn off time-sensitive notifications for Snapchat on iPhone, go to Settings → Notifications → Snapchat, and toggle off the Time-Sensitive notifications option.
- Android does not have a time-sensitive notification feature. However, to turn off Snapchat notifications on Android, go to Settings → Notifications → App Notifications, find Snapchat, and toggle off its notifications.
With the release of iOS 15, Apple introduced a feature known as Time-Sensitive notifications. In this article, we will be looking at how Snapchat utilizes this feature and how you can disable it. So, without further ado, let’s jump straight into it.
Table of Contents
What Are Time-Sensitive Snapchat Notifications?
Time-sensitive notifications on iPhone are notifications that are displayed on top priority to the user. Such notifications can also bypass the Do Not Disturb/Focus Mode on iPhones. Generally, when you enable Focus Mode on your iPhone, you receive no notifications. However, time-sensitive notifications still appear on your lock screen.
Major applications on the App Store utilized this feature and sorted their notifications accordingly. Snapchat followed pursuit and soon also released this feature for its iOS application.
Now you may be wondering, what exactly classifies as a sensitive notification for Snapchat? During our testing, we found that different types of Snapchat notifications were being pushed as Time Sensitive notifications. These included but were not limited to:
- Streaks from your close friends
- Stories posted by your friends
- Snap replies by your friends
- A breaking snap streak
- Birthday notifications of your friends
How To Disable Time-Sensitive Snapchat Notifications
By now you must have a pretty good idea of what these notifications are and how they work. Let’s say, you do not like to be disturbed by these notifications and want to turn them off. iOS readily provides you with an option to do so. Follow the steps listed below:
- On your iPhone, tap on the Settings icon.
- Under settings, select Notifications.
- Scroll down until you reach Snapchat, and tap on it.
- Toggle off the Time-Sensitive notifications option.
As simple as that you have now successfully turned off time-sensitive notifications for Snapchat on your iPhone.
How To Turn Off Snapchat Notifications for Android
There is no time-sensitive notifications option on Android yet. However, you may wonder how to turn off Snapchat notifications on Android. The process may vary depending on the OS of your Android smartphone. However, the general steps are as follows:
- On your phone, tap on the Settings icon.
- Now select the Notifications setting.
- Tap on App Notifications.
- Locate Snapchat from the list of available apps.
- Stop Snapchat notifications by toggling off the icon.
Hopefully, by now you are more well-informed about time-sensitive Snapchat notifications and how to turn them off. In case of any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them down below. Until next time. Ciao
Time-sensitive notifications on iPhone are notifications that are displayed on top priority to the user. Such notifications can also bypass the Do Not Disturb/Focus mode on iPhones.
Applications such as Uber and Lyft also support time-sensitive notifications on iPhones.
No, currently there is no time-sensitive notification option for Android.