Roblox ‘The application encountered an unrecoverable error‘ means there are corrupted cache files stored in the local app data that cannot be utilized by Roblox.
Cache files are required by applications because they increase the overall User Experience (UX), as they store the data that users frequently want or the application requires.
In this way, the application needs to request data from the server only once, not every time, which is a key factor in UX. However, if the cache files become corrupted, you will encounter many errors like this one.
Before proceeding with the following methods, make sure to restart your computer multiple times.
1. Completely reinstall Roblox.
A complete reinstallation of Roblox entails removing every file related to Roblox, including the Roblox Studio app. If there are corrupted files preventing Roblox from launching the game, deleting them and reinstalling the Roblox player from the official website will fix this error. To do so, follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the Programs and Features settings. To do that, type “Add or Remove Programs” in the Windows search bar and open it.
- Search for Roblox and click the three dots on it.
- Click Uninstall, then click Uninstall again to remove Roblox.
- Once it is uninstalled, right-click the Start Menu and select “Run” to open the Run Program.
- Type ‘appdata‘ in the search box and click ‘OK‘.
- Now, go to the Local folder and right-click on Roblox.
- Now click on the Delete icon to remove the folder.
- Once it is removed, go to the official Roblox website and log in with your credentials.
- Then, choose any game and click the Play icon to download the Roblox Player Launcher.
- Once it is downloaded, run the installer and wait for Roblox to be installed.
- Now check if the error is fixed or not. If not, try other solutions.
2. Clear Roblox cookies and site data.
If you use the Roblox site to launch the game, you should try clearing the Roblox site data from your browser, which will remove Roblox cookies and other site data used to manage permissions for Roblox.com. To do so, follow these steps:
The following steps may vary depending on your browser.
- Go to Settings by clicking the three dots on the top right side.
- Then, go to Privacy and Security from the left sidebar and navigate to Cookies and Other Site Data.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click “See All Site Data and Permissions.
- Change the ‘Sort by‘ to ‘Name’, search for ‘Roblox’, and then click the ‘Delete‘ icon to remove the Roblox site data.
- Once completed, now proceed to delete the Roblox cache.
3. Delete the Roblox cache folder.
As we mentioned earlier, cache files are created by the application to store data that users frequently access, or that the application requires, such as images of loading screens, landing pages, etc.
In this manner, the application does not need to request information from the server, which reduces waiting time and enhances the User Experience (UX). However, if the cache files become corrupted, the application will utilize these corrupted files, potentially resulting in various error messages, including this one. Therefore, try clearing the Roblox cache files by following the provided instructions.
- Press the Windows + R keys to launch the Run Program.
- Enter ‘AppData‘ and click ‘OK‘ to open the ‘AppData’ folder.
- Now go to the Local folder, right-click the Roblox folder, and select Delete.
- Once you have removed the folder, now open Roblox and try to play the game to check for the error message.
4. Configure Roblox compatibility settings.
This error can also be caused by compatibility issues between your Windows and Roblox. To ensure that, you will need to configure the compatibility settings.
There are many settings that fall under compatibility. However, our main focus is to disable fullscreen optimizations, which are built-in Windows optimizations enabled for all applications by default.
These optimizations may conflict with your Roblox built-in optimizations, potentially resulting in this error message. Therefore, try disabling full-screen optimization by following these steps.
- Press the Windows key and type Roblox.
- Right-click on Roblox and select Open file location.
- Right-click the Roblox launcher and select Properties.
- Now, go to Compatibility and check the box for ‘Disable full-screen optimizations.’
- Once done, click “Apply” and then click “OK.
- Open Roblox and try playing the game to see if it fixes the error or not.
5. Install the Microsoft Store version of Roblox.
If you are still encountering this error, you can try using the Roblox Microsoft Store version, which is nearly identical to the Roblox client version. The only differences you will notice are the site interface and the payment method for ROBUX/BC.
Both versions run on the same engine, which means you won’t notice any performance differences. However, you won’t be able to run the Roblox store version in exclusive fullscreen mode, which means you might experience a slight input lag. This issue is not a big deal because you can still play any Roblox game until the error is automatically resolved after some time on the client version.
- To do so, make sure to uninstall the Roblox client version using Method 1.
- Then, open the Microsoft Store. You can use Windows Search to open it.
- Now, search for Roblox and select it from the results.
- Click the “Get” button and wait for Roblox to be installed.
- Once finished, launch Roblox, log in with your credentials, and check whether you encounter the same error message or not.
6. Contact Roblox support.
If none of the methods have worked for you, then, unfortunately, there is nothing more you can do from your side except contact the Roblox support team and briefly describe your issue. To contact the Roblox team, follow these steps:
- Go to Roblox Support and log in with your credentials.
- Enter your details, such as your name and email address.
- Then, select your device and choose Technical Support from the category.
- In the subcategory box, choose “Specific Experience Issue.
- Briefly describe your issue in the description box. Once done, click ‘Submit‘ and wait for a response from the Roblox support team.
-Roblox: The application encountered an unrecoverable error FAQs
Go to your local appdata folder and delete the Roblox folder from there. This will allow the application to create new cache files. If the cache files are corrupted, causing Roblox to show the error, deleting them will fix this error.
There can be many reasons for this error to occur. But one of the main reasons is corrupted Roblox cache files and site data stored in the browser, such as cookies. Hence, try deleting them to fix this error