Discord is a popular communication platform used by a lot of different communities, including gamers, streamers, even some businesses around the world. Discord can be used for a lot of different things including making polls, this is a great way to get feedback from your users or to simply gather information.
There are two easy ways to make polls on discord both of them are pretty simple, one includes just sending a message yourself and reacting to the message with two emotes, and/or automating it with the use of a bot.
Creating a poll without using a bot
Open the channel in which you want to create the poll and start a new message by clicking on the text box at the bottom of your screen.
- Type the contents of your poll and add a emote to each option in the message
- If you want everyone to react to your message you can also ping them by adding “@everyone” at the end of the message
- After you’ve sent the poll message, simply just react with the emotes you gave each of the options in the poll
This is the easiest way to create a poll on discord without the help of any bot.
Creating a Poll using a Discord bot
To create a poll using a discord bot you will need to add the bot to the server you want to start a poll in, this will require you special administrator permissions. If you already have those just follow these steps:
- Go to Dyno bot’s official website. We are using Dyno bot for this demonstration.
- Click on the “Add To Server” option
- Under “Free Plan” click on “Add To Server”
- Login into your Discord account when prompted
- Click on the “Select a server” dialog box and select the server you want to add the bot to
- In the next window press “Authorize”
- Open the server you just added the bot to and type “/poll“, select the “/poll create” option
- Type the message in the “message” dialog box and the poll options in “choice1” and “choice2” respectively. You can add upto 10 poll choices in the free version of the bot.
- You can post it by clicking on the “Send” button. The poll will appear as a message in the channel, and users can vote by reacting to the options using the corresponding emote
In conclusion, using Discord to create a poll is a quick and efficient approach to get input and ideas from your community. You can design a poll that meets your needs by using the steps listed above.