There may be many reasons for your account being disabled on Discord; the account has likely been disabled mistakenly. If you believe that this is the case, then there are a few ways you can try to enable your discord account.
Difference Between Discord Account Disabled & Banned
One difference you must understand between a disabled account and a banned one is that a disabled account has only been disabled temporarily, and it can be recovered. You can appeal to Discord; if they think your appeal is valid, you will get your account back.
However, a ban can be of three types. Discord can ban you temporarily for some time. Or you can have your account disabled and then deleted. This is known as account termination. This lets you make a new account on the same email. But you cannot recover the information in the old account.
A permanent ban means that your account has been terminated, and your phone number and IP address have been blacklisted. This prevents a user from using Discord for life. The account cannot be recovered in this instance.
Prerequisites: Read The Discord Community Guidelines
The first thing you should do before contacting Discord support is to read the Discord Community Guidelines. This will answer common queries on why the account was disabled.
One of the most common reasons Discord has banned your account is your age. All users on the Discord platform must be at least 18 years of age. Another common reason is that your account did not have a valid email address. Always remember to choose a valid email address when signing up on Discord.
Other reasons include inappropriate behavior that goes against Community Guidelines. If your account got disabled, you likely received an email describing the situation. Remember that the list of guidelines isn’t exhaustive. Discord can penalize inappropriate behavior not mentioned in the guidelines as well.
If you still believe that your account was disabled for no reason, there are several ways to recover it.
Step 1: Create an appeal support ticket
The most professional way to contact Discord Support is to fill out the appeal form. You can find this appeal form on their official website.
- Visit the Submit a request page.
- Under the ‘What can we help you with’ section, click on Trust & Safety.
- In ‘your email address’, enter the email your Discord account is registered on.
- Under the “Type a question?” section, choose the “Appeals, age update, other questions” option.
- Next, choose the “Appeal an action was taken on my account or bot” option. This should open another drop-down with the question, “What would you like to appeal?”
- In this drop-down, click open the “An action taken on my account.” option.
- Now you should see four checkboxes. Read them and press the tick in front of them accordingly.
- You can enter your phone number if you want. It’s optional.
Step 2: Explain that your account is disabled mistakenly
- In the subject section, type ‘Account disabled mistakenly‘
- In the Description box, describe the problem, mentioning your username and Discord tag.
- Lastly, click on Submit to submit your appeal form.
You should receive a reply within a few days via the email you entered into the form. Cooperate with them and provide them with any information they need.