The Lost Ark ‘server authentication failed 10010’ error occurs when the game servers are offline or when your computer experiences internet connectivity issues. This problem can be caused by misconfigured network protocols or a corrupted DNS cache. Moreover, corrupted game files and participation in Steam’s beta program are additional factors that can contribute to this error or errors of similar nature.
To help you resolve the ‘Lost Ark server authentication failed 10010’ error, we have prepared a comprehensive guide that provides step-by-step instructions.
1. Check server status
Before proceeding with more technical troubleshooting tactics, it is advised to check if the game servers are online. The game servers being offline may cause users to face the “server authentication” error. Here’s how to check the server status:
- Click here to visit the Lost Ark support page.
- Here, you can specify the server to which you are nearest.
Continue with the guide only if the servers nearest to you geographically are online. Otherwise, performing any troubleshooting methods won’t improve the game, since the error is on the server end. All you can do is patiently wait until the servers are up and running.
2. Configure the time and date
Incorrectly setting the time on your computer can potentially lead to the ‘server authentication failed’ error in Lost Ark. This error occurs because security certificates and protocols in the game rely on precise time synchronization. When establishing a connection to the game servers, including those in Lost Ark, the authentication process is initiated to validate the connection’s legitimacy.
If your computer’s system time is inaccurate or significantly different from the actual time, it creates a discrepancy between your computer’s time and the time recorded on the server’s security certificates. As a result, the server may reject the authentication request, assuming it originates from an unauthorized or compromised source.
Consequently, you may encounter the “server authentication failed” error message. Here is how to configure the time and date correctly on your Windows operating system:
- In the bottom-right corner of your screen, right-click on the area where the time and date are displayed.
- Toggle the Set time automatically switch to on.
- Click on the Sync Now button.
Once done, Try launching the game and check if the error’s been fixed.
2. Disable TCP/IPv6
Disabling TCP/IPv6 has the potential to resolve the “Server authentication failed 10010” error in Lost Ark. This error arises when there are authentication issues between the game client and server.
Some network configurations or routers may encounter compatibility problems with IPv6, resulting in connectivity issues and authentication failures specifically in Lost Ark. By disabling TCP/IPv6, you can ensure that your computer utilizes the widely supported IPv4 protocol, reducing the likelihood of compatibility difficulties.
To disable TCP/IPv6 on a Windows operating system, please follow these steps.
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard simultaneously to open the run dialogue box.
- In the run dialogue box search box, type ncpa.cpl. This’ll open the network connections windows in the control panel.
- Right-click on the active interface you’re using to acquire the internet.
- Click on the Properties button.
- Now, Locate the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and Click on the Check-box besides it to disable it.
- Save the changes.
3. Verify the integrity of game files
Verifying the integrity of game files can help resolve the ‘Server Authentication Failed’ error by ensuring that all the game files on your computer are complete and uncorrupted. When you verify the integrity of game files, the game client compares the files installed on your computer against the original files from the game servers.
If any discrepancies or corrupted files are detected, the game client will automatically replace or repair them. Here’s how to do so:
- Open the Steam client on your computer.
- Navigate to libraries and right-click on the Lost Ark and click on the properties option in the Context menu.
- Navigate to Local Files and click on the Verify the integrity of Games files button.
- Wait for a while till it finishes processing
Once done, restart your computer and try launching the game.
4. Enable TLS 1.2
Enabling TLS 1.2 can potentially fix the “server authentication failed” error in Lost Ark by enhancing the security and compatibility of the connection between your computer and the game server. The authentication process between the game client and the server involves the exchange of security certificates and the establishment of a secure connection.
Older versions of TLS, such as TLS 1.0 or TLS 1.1, may have vulnerabilities or lack certain security features. By enabling TLS 1.2, you are ensuring that your computer and the game server utilize the latest and more secure version of the TLS protocol. Here is how to enable TLS 1.2:
Older versions of TLS, such as TLS 1.0 or TLS 1.1, may have vulnerabilities or lack certain security features. By enabling TLS 1.2, you are ensuring that your computer and the game server utilize the latest and more secure version of the TLS protocol. Here is how to enable this 1.2:
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the run dialogue box.
- In the text box, type Regedit and press the enter key.
- In the registry editor, navigate to the following path:
- Now, Right-click on the “Protocols” folder, select “New” and then choose “Key” to create a new key under the protocols folder.
- Rename the newly made key to “TLS 1.2”, you can do so by right-clicking on the key and selecting “Rename”
- Now, Under the “TLS 1.2” key, Create a new key and name it “Client”.
- Under the “Client” key, Make a Right-Click, Select “New” and then choose “DWORD (32-Bit) Value” to create a new value under “Client”.
- Rename the new value to “DisabledByDefault” and set the value to “0” (without quotes)
5. Use a VPN
Using a VPN can potentially fix the ‘server authentication error code 10010’ in Lost Ark by providing a more stable and secure connection. A VPN can improve network routing, reduce interference, enhance security and privacy, and bypass geolocation restrictions, thereby helping to establish a successful connection to the game server.
6. Opt-out of the Steam beta
By opting out of the beta program and reverting to the stable version of Steam, you ensure that you are using a more stable and officially released version of the Steam client. This can help avoid any compatibility issues or bugs that might interfere with the server authentication process in Lost Ark. Here’s how to do so:
- Open the Steam client.
- On the top-left, Click on Steam and then Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Now, Click on the Change button under the Beta Participation section.
- Now, Under Beta participation, Select “Opt out of all beta programs”
- Once done, try launching the game.