Buying a laptop has become a lot easier in the modern day and age. With so many options available from so many great manufacturers, it is not easier than ever to buy a good laptop without any worries that might come in your way.
Keeping that in mind, when you are buying a laptop, you have to know one thing; the best laptop does not have to be the one that costs $2,000. The best laptop can be the one that you need to fulfill the needs, and that is it.
That is why, to help you avoid confusions, and buy a good laptop without any issues, we have decided to write some important guidelines that will help you make the most of your time, as well as your money. So, let’s not delay any further and have a look, shall we?
Do a Proper Budgeting
Budgeting is one thing that we will never overlook, simply because if you do end up avoiding it altogether, you will not be able to buy the right laptop for your needs. The good thing, however, is budgeting is not that difficult, to begin with.
If you know the price brackets, you can easily buy the best possible laptop and that too, without any issues.
- $150 to $250: This is the price bracket that is reserved for mostly Chromebooks. You are not going to get a lot here, but you will still get a good experience overall, especially if you are a student.
- $350 to $600: This is one of the sweet spots for those who are looking for laptops that have decent battery life, and larger, full HD screens, too. The only thing that you must know is that these laptops, although extremely functional, are not going to win any design awards.
- $600 to $900: This is the price point where you finally start seeing some premium designs with the high-end build quality. That is not all, even the specs start to improve here.
- $900 and Above: this is the price bracket where you are going to get the best possible laptops available in the market. Once you have reached this price, anything above is only going to be premium with great specs, as well.
Aforementioned price brackets should be able to give you a fairly good idea about what to expect when planning on how much you can spend.
Choose the Operating System You Want to Go With
First things first, when you are going with a good laptop, you want to make sure that you are familiar with the operating system that you want. There is not much to choose from when it comes to operating systems, so that makes the choice a bit easier, and convenient, as well.
With that said, the three most common operating systems on a laptop can be found listed below.
- Windows: Perhaps the most common operating system is Microsoft Windows, something that is available in nearly every single laptop that you will find in the market. Regardless of the amount of money you are willing to spend, you are going to find Windows-based laptops in nearly every single price bracket.
- Mac OS: The second common operating system for laptops is Mac OS. While not as common as Windows when it comes to the market share, there is no denying that Mac OS is certainly in great demand and for anyone who is looking to have a good, high end, and streamlined experience, Mac OS is the way to go.
- Chrome OS: The third OS on the list is Google’s Chrome OS. This is not as common, and more often than not, the laptops that come with Chrome OS are the cheaper ones that cater mostly to the students. If you are looking for something cheap and effective that will do you good without any issues, you should look into the Chrome OS as the OS of choice.
Once you have considered the budget OS you are willing to go, you will have a much easier time making a decision as to what laptop you want to settle with.
Do You Want a 2-in-1
There is a huge trend in the market for 2-in-1 laptops, and while many people find themselves against that, the good thing is that these laptops, especially when executed properly, can be of a huge benefit. Just take a look at the Microsoft Surface lineup and you will realize just how popular these laptops are.
If you are looking for a laptop that you want to be able to use on the go without any issue, do try and look at the 2-in-1 solutions that are available in the market. Granted, they are a bit more expensive than the standard counterparts, but in all conditions, a 2-in-1 laptop is certainly going to be a much better option for many people.
What is Your Usage?
When buying a laptop, you also have to be very careful about making sure that you know your usage. If you are someone who is getting a laptop predominantly for gaming, then you need to look at gaming laptops in general. However, if you are looking for something that will provide better productivity, then you need to get a laptop that caters to those requirements.
Always Test Out the Keyboard
As someone who writes a lot whenever the chance is given, I think having a good keyboard on the laptop is among one of the most important properties that you should be looking for. Not all laptop keyboards are made equally, so it is best if some vigilance is observed when buying a keyboard.
Keeping that in mind, if you are in the market looking for a laptop that you will use mainly for typing, make sure that you test out the keyboard beforehand. Many manufacturers do put their laptops up for testing, so it is always nice to check those things.
Going With the Right Specs
Another really important tip that I will be giving you is that whenever you are going with a laptop, always check for the right specs. I see many people arguing over the fact that they do not really need a laptop that offers high-end specs because you will not even be using it the way it is supposed to be used. However, that is not entirely true.
Make sure that you get the best possible specs within your budget if you want to be able to buy a good laptop because it really means a lot.
We understand that buying the right laptop might be a difficult task for you. But it is also important to understand that if you make any mistakes, it can cost you a fair amount of money. That is why in this article, we have discussed the best possible ways of buying the right laptop.
Whether you are a gamer, a student, a businessperson, or a photographer, with this buying guide, you will have no issues in getting your hands on an amazing laptop, and that too, without any issues.