In December 2022, Instagram launched a feature called “Notes”. With this feature, you can write a sentence up to 60 characters long that will appear over your name for your close friends and anyone you follow. This feature is similar to the Instagram Story feature, except that you may only write one sentence and it is displayed in the Direct Message box.
Although this feature was launched at the end of 2022, people have not seen this feature show up until now. This could be due to various reasons like the application not being updated, your location not allowing this feature, or perhaps you did not set up a close friends list. Let’s delve into the possible reasons for this problem.
- Outdated Instagram App: If your Instagram app is outdated, you may miss out on many features, including the ‘Notes’ feature. To resolve this, ensure that your Instagram app is up to date.
- No Close-friend list: Notes feature is only available for users who have a close-friends list on Instagram. If you don’t have it, then you will not be able to see the ‘Notes’ feature. To fix this, simply create a close-friends list in Instagram.
- Location not supported: Instagram initially launched the ‘notes’ feature in the US, then rolled it out in Europe and Japan. However, many users in Asian countries still haven’t received the ‘Notes’ feature. In this case, there is nothing you can do except wait until Instagram launches the feature in your country.
Now that we know the main causes of this issue and how to fix it, let’s dive into the instructions for each solution.
1. Update the Instagram app
- Open Google Play Store or App Store if you are using iPhone
- Search for ‘Instagram’ and press ‘Update’ if any update is available.
By updating the application, you will be able to use the new features such as Instagram Notes, and it will also fix the bugs that were preventing it from showing. If the issue persists, try the next solutions.
2. Create a Close Friends List
- Open the Instagram application and tap on the Profile Icon.
- Then, Click on Menu and Select the option saying Close Friends.
- Now, Click On Get Started.
- Here, Click on the Tick bar option next to the users you want to add as Close Friends.
- Click on Done to save.
3. Reinstall Instagram
Occasionally, some features of Instagram are not visible to all users. This can be due to a lack of updates, but sometimes the application cannot automatically detect new content because it is not greatly optimized. In this case, reinstalling the Instagram application can be helpful. This fix also assists when you are unable to see Notes on Instagram
4. Change Location
Instagram does not launch every feature worldwide simultaneously. Instead, it experiments with some places, gradually introducing them to other locations. If you do not have the Instagram Notes option, it may be due to your location. To fix this, you have two options.
- Wait until Instagram launches the feature in your country.
- Use the VPN of the country where it is already available. It is not advised as Instagram may detect this and freeze your account for security and privacy issues.
These are the only options you have. If none of these fixed the problem for you then there is nothing much you can do instead of waiting for Instagram to release the feature for your device.