DirecTV system errors can occur due to bugs in the browser or a corrupt cache. It may also happen if you have moved the installation files out of your primary location. The user may encounter this error at random intervals and will not be able to use DirecTV credentials to log in to any of its related sites or mobile apps. Thus, the user will not be able to use DirecTV to watch streams. This error message is more prominent in the mobile device as compared to Desktop.
For PC/Web Version:
Solution 1: Clear Browsing Data
The DirecTV error you are facing could be the result of a corrupted cache of your browser. Moreover, corrupt cookies can also cause the current error message. In that case, clearing your browser’s data (especially cache, cookies, and history) may solve the problem. We will discuss the process for Chrome, you may follow instructions as per your browser.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Now click on the action menu (3 vertical dots near the top right corner of the window). Then hoover over the More Tools option.
- Now in the sub-menu, click on Clear browsing data.
- Then in the Advanced tab, select the time range of All-time (or since you are having the issue).
- Now select categories for which you want to delete the data (it is recommended to select all the categories).
- Then click on Clear data.
- Now relaunch Chrome and check if the DirecTV is clear of the issue.
Solution 2: Use Another Browser
The DirecTV system error could be caused by a temporary bug in the browser you are using. Even though we cleared the cache and cookies, there are still cases where some leftover information is still stored in the browser. In that case, using another browser to access DirecTV may solve the problem.
- Open another browser on your system.
- Now access DirecTV and check if it is working fine.
For Mobile Version:
Solution 1: Update the DirecTV App
Outdated apps can bring a lot of user issues. If you are using an outdated app of DirecTV, then that could be the root cause of DirecTV system error. In that case, updating your app may solve the problem. We will discuss the process for Android app, you may follow the instructions as per your operating system.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Now click on the menu (3 vertical bars near the top left corner of the window).
- In the menu shown, click on My Apps and Games.
- Now tap on the DirecTV app.
- If there is an update available, then tap on Update.
- After updating, launch the app and check if it is operating fine.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the DirecTV App
The corrupt installation of the DirecTV app can cause many issues including the current DirecTV error. In that case, uninstalling and reinstalling it may solve the problem. We will discuss the process for Android, you may follow instructions as per your platform and app.
- Open My Apps and Games in Google Play Store as mentioned in the solution above.
- In My Apps and Games, tap on the DirecTV app.
- Now click on the Uninstall button and then confirm to uninstall the app.
- Then restart your device.
- Upon restart, download and install the DirecTV app.
- Afterward, launch the app and use your credentials to log in to the app and check if it is working fine.
Solutions for All Platforms and Devices
Solution 1: Use a VPN
If you have traveled away from your primary location and trying to use the DirecTV in the new place e.g. you are living in the US and visit Canada, there you try to use DirecTV, then you may encounter the error under discussion. In that case, using a VPN to change your location to your primary location may solve the problem.
- Download and install a reputable VPN client of your choice.
- Open it and set your location to your primary location.
- Now open DirecTV and check if it is working fine.
Solution 2: Remove Adblocking Apps and Add-ons/Extensions
DirecTV has its share of issues with adblocking apps and add-ons/extensions. If you are using any of these, then they can be the root cause of current DirecTV error. In that case, removing these apps or add-ons/extensions may solve the problem. We will discuss the process for Chrome, you may follow the instructions as per your platform and app.
- Launch Chrome and click on its action menu.
- Then hoover over to More tools and in the sub-menu shown, click on Extensions.
- Now find the adblocking extension and click on the Remove (or disable) button of the extension.
- Then confirm to remove/disable the extension.
- Now relaunch Chrome and open DirecTV to check if it is clear of the error.
Solution 3: Change Your Password with Just Using Letters and Numbers (No Symbols)
If you are trying to use a password with symbols in the DirecTV app or open a website like MSNBC, then you may encounter the error under discussion. You can log-in DirecTV website with a password having symbols but not with the app/related websites. In that case, changing your password (just having letters and numbers without any symbols) may solve the problem. It is preferred to perform the following steps on a Desktop/laptop system.
- Launch the browser of your system.
- Open the DirecTV website and log-in using your credentials.
- Open your Profile and then click on Sign-in info.
- Click on Change password.
- Now enter your new password just having letters and numbers (no symbols like ! %, etc.) and save your changes and exit the site.
- Now open the app or website you were having issues with and enter your credentials using the newly created password to check if it is clear of the error.
Solution 4: Use AT&T ID
If you are trying to use your AT&T access ID (which you think is the same as the login credentials to log in the site), then that could be the root cause of the issue. Your AT&T access ID is not the same as login credentials to log in to the AT&T/DirecTV website. In that case, you can solve the issue either by using the AT&T access ID or change it to match your login credentials to the site. It is preferred to perform that steps on a desktop/laptop system.
- Launch your browser and open AT&T/DirecTV website.
- Login using your credentials.
- Now open profile and click on Sign-in Info.
- Then click on the link next to AT&T Access ID.
- Now in the username, you will see your last name with the whole bunch of numbers.
- Then change the username and password to match your AT&T/DirecTV credentials.
- Save your changes and exit the site.
- Now open the app/related website you were having issues and check if it is clear of the error now.
Solution 5: Use the Same Account on Different Devices in the Same Network
If you have set up different AT&T/DirecTV accounts for different platforms and are trying to use them in the same network, then you may encounter the DirecTV system error. In that case, you can solve the issue either by using a single account for all the devices or changing the network of the device which has a different account for AT&T/DirecTV.
- Logout of the device/website which has different AT&T/DirecTV account then the rest of the devices e.g. if NFL Sunday Ticket has different account info, then log out of it.
- Now login using the same account as the rest of the devices.
If you are still having issues, then another option could be to call the support helpline. Just keep your proof of purchase with you when calling and your problem may get solved on the same day.