Deadrop not launching occurs when the game process is being blocked by a third-party program running in the background. This happens when the game does not have sufficient permissions in your Windows environment. In such a scenario, you will have to launch the game with administrative privileges to mitigate the problem.
In this article, we will mention the various causes of Deadrop not launching on your computer, along with the various solutions that you can implement to resolve the issue.
What causes Deadrop to not launch?
In most cases, the game is unable to launch in your Windows environment when it lacks the required permissions. However, there are other factors that can also contribute to the issue in question. Let us go through the possible causes of the problem in question to better understand the issue before jumping to the solutions.
- Insufficient Permissions: One of the factors that could potentially lead to the issue is inadequate permissions for the game process within your Windows environment. This limitation causes the process to be unable to function properly in the given environment and often prevents the game process from launching at all.
- Third-Party Security Program: The security program on your computer can interfere with the game process and often stop it from starting due to a false positive. This happens when the game executable is not properly signed or the security program deems it harmful inaccurately.
- Outdated Windows: The Windows version installed on your system can be another reason for the game not launching. This happens when you are running an outdated Windows build or one that is not supported by Deadrop.
- Damaged Graphics Drivers: The graphics drivers on your computer can also contribute to the game not launching. This can occur when the graphics drivers are damaged or corrupted.
- Third-Party Interference: The third-party programs on your computer can also prevent the game from launching. This happens when the programs running in the background interfere with the game process, causing it to crash before it even starts up properly.
How to Fix Deadrop Not Launching?
Now that we have gone through the potential causes of the problem in question, let us go through the different solutions that you can implement on your system to resolve the issue in question.
- Run Deadrop as Administrator: Insufficient permissions for the game process within your Windows environment can prevent the game from launching. In such a scenario, you will have to execute the game with administrative privileges. This will prevent any other background apps from blocking it.
- Disable Third-Party Antivirus: The third-party antivirus program on your computer can often prevent game processes from starting, which can lead to the issue in question. If you have a third-party antivirus installed on your system, you will have to disable it to circumvent the problem at hand.
- Install Windows Updates: The game not launching can also be influenced by the specific version of Windows you are using. If your Windows build is outdated and not supported by the game, the game process will be unable to start in your Windows environment. To resolve this, it is important to install any pending Windows updates to ensure your computer is operating on the latest build available.
- Reinstall Graphics Drivers: Corruption or damage to the graphics drivers on your computer can be another reason for the game not starting. This is because the graphics drivers on your computer are important as they serve as the communication bridge between the applications and your graphics card. In such a scenario, you will have to reinstall the graphics drivers on your system to fix the issue.
- Perform Clean Boot: Finally, the interference of the third-party programs running in the background can often prevent the game process from starting. In such a scenario, you will need to perform a clean boot. This starts your computer with only the required services running in the background. If the problem goes away in clean boot, you will need to find the culprit by enabling the third-party services one by one.
1. Run Deadrop as Administrator
- First, open the File Explorer window.
- Then, navigate to the installation directory of the game on your PC.
- Right-click on the moon.exe file and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Switch to the Compatibility tab on the Properties window.
- There, tick the Run this program as administrator checkbox.
- Hit Apply and click OK.
2. Disable Third-Party Antivirus
- Open the antivirus program on your computer.
- Navigate the settings of your security program to turn it off.
3. Install Windows Updates
- Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key + I on your keyboard.
- On the Settings app, switch to the Windows Update section.
- There, click on the Check for updates option to download and install any pending updates.
4. Reinstall Graphics Drivers
- First, download the Display Driver Uninstaller utility from the official website here.
- After that, extract the downloaded file to any location on your system.
- Navigate to the extracted folder and open the Display Driver Uninstaller.exe file.
- Once DDU opens, you will be shown the General Options window. Click Continue to proceed.
- Then, select GPU from the Select device type drop-down menu.
- After that, select the graphics card manufacturer from the Select device menu.
- Finally, click the Clean and restart option to uninstall your graphics drivers.
- Once your PC boots up, navigate to your graphics card manufacturer’s website.
- There, download the latest drivers for your GPU and install them on your PC.
5. Perform Clean Boot
- First, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R.
- In the Run dialog box, type in msconfig and hit Enter.
- On the System Configuration window, switch to the Services tab.
- There, tick the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- After that, click the Disable all button and hit Apply.
- Then, switch to the Startup tab.
- There, click on the Open Task Manager option.
- On the Task Manager window, select the apps one by one and click Disable.
- Finally, restart your computer to perform a clean boot.
With that, you should be able to mitigate the problem in question. Always make sure that you are launching the game with the proper permissions to prevent the issue from occurring in the future. In addition, ensure your security program or any background apps are not interfering with the game process.
Still facing the issue?
If the issue persists even after attempting all the aforementioned methods, the next step would be to get in touch with Deadrop’s official customer support. They offer assistance through their official Discord server, where you can join and create a ticket. The dedicated support team will thoroughly examine the crash logs generated by the game and provide further guidance to resolve your issue.