BIN is a binary file that will have a different type of information saved in it and ISO is a complete duplicate of the contents of an optical disc. Most of the time some application or devices requires an ISO file to run the content of the file rather than a BIN. Users are looking for the best way to convert their BIN files to an ISO. There are a few different programs that may help in converting BIN to ISO. In this article, we will show a few of the methods in which we convert BIN to ISO.
Before we go towards the methods, we would like to talk about some of the things that users need to understand before converting BIN to ISO. There are different types of BIN files, so converting every BIN file to ISO will be impossible. Most of the time the application will reject converting the BIN file to ISO because the application will be unable to read the BIN file. Remember the converted ISO will only work if it is suitable for the application or device. The below methods will only work the BIN file has a similar nature as an ISO file.
Convert BIN File to ISO through PowerISO
Most of the users are already aware of the PowerISO as a powerful image file processing tool. However, it also many other features than just opening/mounting an image file. One of the features is converting for image files from one format to another. We will be using this feature to convert the BIN to ISO in PowerISO. However, if users are using the free trial version, then there will be some limitations for conversion size or so. Follow the below steps to try it out:
- Open your browser and download the PowerISO application. Install it by following the installation instructions and open it.
- Click on the Tools menu in the menu bar and choose the Convert file format option.
- Now click on the folder icon of the Source file and add the BIN file that you want to convert. Change the Output file format to ISO and click on the Ok button to start converting.
Convert BIN to ISO through UltraISO
UltraISO is an application for converting, creating, and modifying the ISO image file. This is especially Microsoft Windows-based application. It has both free and paid memberships for the application. The free version will have some features limitation and the paid version will have extra features. However, users can simply use the converting feature in the free version too. Follow the below steps to check it out:
- Open your browser and download the UltraISO from the official site. You can download the trial version to try it out. Install the application and open it.
- Click on the Tools menu in the menu bar and choose the Convert option.
- Now choose the input BIN file and provide the output directory. Choose the Output format as an ISO and click on the Convert button to start converting.
There are many other programs that can help in converting BIN to ISO. However, it depends on the requirements or preferences of the user to use whichever they want. Some of the worth mentioning programs are WinISO, MagicISO, CDBurnerXP, and WinBin2ISO.