Nintendo Online is an official service that the Switch users can subscribe to as a monthly or yearly package. This service gives access to online gameplay, Nintendo Switch Online app, and some NES/SNES game titles. However, when users subscribe to this service, it will automatically renew the service subscription for the next month/year. In this article, we will teach you about how you can cancel or disable the automatically renew subscription for Nintendo Online Membership.
It comes in two subscription types, individual and family membership. The Individual subscription is for a single user and family subscription is for eight users. We can say that this service is similar to the PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live.
Canceling Nintendo Online Membership on Switch Console
The best and quick method to cancel Nintendo Online Membership will be by doing it through Switch Console. You can cancel the membership by going into the Nintendo eShop option. Your account is already signed in the Nintendo Switch console and you can access the subscription settings easily. Follow the below steps:
- On the main screen of switch console, go to Nintendo eShop and Log in to your account.
- Now select the account icon in the right top corner and open it.
- Select the option Your Subscriptions on the left side. Scroll down and click the Turn Off Automatic Renewal button.
- It will show the expiring date of the current month. Click on the Turn Off button and the automatic renewal will be disabled.
- By doing this you will be able to cancel the Nintendo online membership.
Canceling Nintendo Online Membership on Web Browser
In this method, we will be using the web browser to cancel the Nintendo Online Membership. It is similar to the switch console method, however, in this method, you will be using the Nintendo website to get to the subscription page. It will require a login from the user to cancel the subscription from the account settings. Follow the below steps to cancel the Nintendo Online Membership on the web browser:
- Open the web browser and go to the Nintendo website. Log in to your account and click on the account icon.
- A side window will appear and then click on the Settings button.
- On the right side select the Shop menu option.
- Scroll down the page and click on the Your Subscriptions button.
- Here you will find the Online membership, open that and click on the Turn Off Automatic Renewal button to turn it off.
- The membership will continue until the date for which the user already subscribed and then it will be canceled.