Error code 0 indicates that Roblox is unable to process the authentication, which means something is preventing Roblox from authenticating your account access. This problem often occurs due to the corruption in the Roblox folder located in the appdata folder of Windows.
The Appdata folder in Windows saves the cache and configuration files of the applications along with the login cookies.
1. Restart the Computer and Router
The first method to resolve any technical issue is to restart the computer and the router. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the error and resolve temporary issues. Once you have restarted the computer, restart the router. A router reboot can clear out any network-related issues that might be causing authentication failed error code 0. Once you have restarted the computer and router, check if the issue is resolved. If not, proceed to the following methods.
2. Check the Roblox server status
Before we move on to the troubleshooting steps, it is recommended to check the server status first. This is because authentication errors are often caused by the problem with the server. Therefore, make sure to check the server status before going in-depth to fix this error. To check the Roblox status, head to the status.roblox.com to see the server status.
3. Delete Roblox folder From Appdata
Almost every game and application uses the Appdata folder to store the information that it needs to access frequently. The login cookies of Roblox are also saved in the AppData folder, which it uses to recognize the user. So if there is a problem with the authentication cookies, it will cause authentication failed error code 3.
Therefore, in this step, we will try deleting the Roblox folder. Don’t worry; the Roblox will be automatically created when you relaunch the Roblox. Follow the steps to do so:
- Right-click the Start Menu and select Run. This will open the Run Program.
- Here, type Appdata and click OK to navigate to the AppData folder.
- Once you are in the AppData folder, navigate to the Local folder.
- Find the Roblox folder there and right-click on it to delete it.
- Once it is deleted, launch the Roblox and see if the error is resolved.
4. Clear Roblox Cache For Browser
If you use the Roblox website to launch the games, you need to try clearing the Roblox cache, which will clear the authentication cookies that might be causing the issue. After clearing the cookies, you will have to log in to Roblox, which will re-create the authentication cookies and might fix this error.
Steps to clear the Roblox cache might vary depending on the browser you are using.
- Click the three dots and select the Settings option.
- Once you are in the settings, go to Privacy & Security from the left pane.
- Then, navigate to the Site settings and click View permissions and data stored across sites.
- Here, search for the Roblox, click the delete icon, and click Clear.
- Once done, see if the error persists.
5. Reinstall Roblox
If Roblox still cannot authenticate you, it might be probably due to the corrupted Roblox files. So, in this method, we will try reinstalling the Roblox to ensure there are no corrupted files causing this issue. To do so, follow the steps:
- Open the Start Menu by pressing the Win key.
- Type Add or remove programs and hit Enter to open the Apps & Features settings.
- Here, search Roblox, click the three dots, and click Uninstall.
- Again, click Uninstall to remove the application.
- Once done, download the Roblox application by navigating to their official site using the link.
- Once the installer is downloaded, double-click on it to install the Riblox.
- Then, check if this worked for you.
Keep in mind that it is not necessary to use the Roblox client version if it is not authenticating you. You can download the Roblox from Microsoft Store, which is the same as the client version. Since none of the methods helped fix this issue, it could be due to using the Roblox client version. Therefore, try getting the Roblox from the Microsoft Store instead of waiting for the error to be fixed.
Roblox Authentication Failed Error Code 0 i- FAQs
Error code 0 in Roblox means Roblox cannot authenticate you at this moment. This happens due to the corruption in the Roblox folder located in the appdata folder of Windows.
To fix error code 0, you will have to remove the Roblox folder from the appdata. This will remove the cookies along with the cache files. Once you are done, launch the Roblox.