If you’re an anime lover, Crunchyroll is probably one of the places you visit regularly to get your fix. The platform is free with ads, but if you’re a die-hard anime fan, you probably have a Premium membership that gives you access to the additional library and removes the intrusive ads.
In case you’re a new Crunchyroll user and you’re trying to install it on a new streaming device, you might be confused by the activation page and wondering how you can get past this screen and use the dedicated app.
The app is available on various platforms including iOS, Android, PlayStation (3, 4, and 5) Wii U, Xbox (360, One, Series), Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV.
It’s great to see that anime lovers can watch their favorite shows regardless of their device, but the instructions for activating Crunchyroll will be different depending on your platform of choice.
If you’re having issues getting past the initial activation page, follow one of the guides below (the one suitable to your platform of choice) to activate Crunchyroll using www.crunchyroll/activate.
Below you’ll find step by step guides on activating CrunchyRoll for the following devices:
- Playstation 3, Playstation 4 and Playstation 5
- Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X
- Wii U
Activate CrunchyRoll on Roku
- Start by opening the home screen of Roku by using your remote to press the home button.
- Next, use the search option that’s part of the menu, then type ‘Crunchyroll using the virtual keyboard.
- From the list of results, select the Chruncyroll app from the list of available suggestions and click on Add channel.
- Next, select Go to Channel once the installation is complete.
- Once you successfully manage to launch Crunchyroll from the channels list, select Sign in and take note of the activation code that appears on the screen.
- From your mobile device browser (Android or iOS) or macOS or Windows browser, go to the Activation page of Crunchyroll.com.
- On the activation page, go ahead and log in with your account from the right-hand side menu if you haven’t already done so.
- Once you are successfully signed in, go ahead and insert the code that you previously retrieved at step 5 and click on Link Device.
- Once you do this, you should see your Roku screen changing as you get signed in automatically. After this happens, you will be able to access the media library.
Activate CrunchyRoll on Playstation 3, Playstation 4, and Playstation 5
- If you’re trying to watch Crunchyroll shows on your Playstation console, you’ll need to start by downloading the CrunchyRoll application. This will be a little different depending on your console iteration, but the jist of it is the same – You’ll need to access the Playstation Store and download the Crunchyroll app.
- Once the app is successfully downloaded, open it and use the vertical menu on the left to access the Try Premium menu.
- Next, from the context menu that just appeared, select the Log In button.
- Next, use a mobile or web browser to visit www.crunchyroll.com/activate and log in with your premium Crunchyroll account if you aren’t already.
- At the next screen, insert the code that’s currently showing on your Playstation screen and click or tap on Link Device.
- After a couple of seconds, you should see your PlayStation screen changing as you’re being signed into your premium Crunchyroll account automatically.
Activate CrunchyRoll on Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S / X
- First things first, access the Microsoft store and download the CrunchyRoll application on your Xbox console. The instructions are virtually the same for every console Xbox (360, One, and Series S or X).
- After the application is installed, open it and access the action menu from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Next, from the context menu that just appeared, use your controller’s left thumbstick to select and access the Log in tab.
- Open any type of browser (mobile or desktop) from an additional divide that you have laying around in the house and access the Activation page of Crunchyroll.com.
- At the login page, take the time to insert your user credentials and sign in with your Crunchyroll account.
- Next, return to your Xbox screen, retrieve the code that’s currently displayed inside the Crunchyroll application and paste it inside the activation page that you previously signed in with from the additional device.
- Once you’ve entered the correct code, click on Link Device and wait until the operation is complete.
- After a couple of seconds, you should see your Xbox screen changing as you are signed in.
- At this point, you should be already able to stream content from Crunchyroll without seeing any intrusive ads.
How to Activate Crunchyroll on Android
- First things first, use the home screen of your Android device to access the Play Store.
- Once inside, use the search function at the top to search for ‘crunchyroll’.
- From the list of results, tap on Crunchyroll, then press Install to download the app on your smartphone.
- Once the app is fully downloaded, open it and tap on Log In when you get to the first screen.
- Finally, enter your email or username and password and tap on Log In to complete the process.
- After a couple of seconds, you should be successfully signed in and able to freely browse the library of Crunchyroll.
How to Activate Crunchyroll on iOS
- First things first, go to the home screen of your iOS device and tap on the App Store.
- Once you’re inside the App Store, go ahead and use the search box at the top to search for the Crunchyroll app.
- Once you manage to locate the correct listing of the Crunchyroll listing app, tap on the download icon and wait until the app is downloaded and installed.
- Once the app is downloaded and install, open it and start by accepting the permissions.
- Finally, click on Log In, then follow the instructions to sign in with your premium Crunchyroll account.
How to Activate Crunchyroll on Wii U
- First things first, access the Nintendo eShop and download the free Crunchyroll app.
- After the app is downloaded, open it and use the vertical menu on the left to access the Login screen.
- Once you’re inside the login screen, take none to the code that’s displayed on your screen.
- Next, open a mobile or desktop browser, visit the Activation page of Crunchyroll.com sign in with your account and insert the code you previously fetched at step 3.
- Finally, click on Link Device and wait until your Wii U screen changes – Once it does, you will be able to use Crunchyroll normally on your Nintendo console.
How to Activate Crunchyroll on Chromecast
- Open the Crunchyroll app on your Android or iPhone device. If you don’t have it already, download it from the App Store or Play Store.
- Ensure that both your mobile device and Chromecast are connected to the same home network.
- Open the Crunchyroll and look for the Cast button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- When you see it, tap on it once, then select your Chromecast device from the list of available options.
- Go ahead and stream anything through your Chromecast device. Since the content is streamed from your mobile phone, you don’t need to activate as you would traditionally – But you still need to ensure that you are signed in to your Crunchyroll account from your mobile device.
How to Activate Crunchyroll on AppleTV
- Turn on your Apple TV and make sure you are currently signed in with your Apple account – This won’t work otherwise.
- Use your Apple TV remote to navigate to the Home screen, then tap on the App Store icon from the list of available options.
- Once you’re inside the App Store interface, use the search function at the top to search for ‘crunchyroll’ and wait until the results are generated.
- Once the results are generated, access the Crunchyroll entry and hit Get to start the installation process.
- After the installation is complete, hit Log In, then insert your Crunchyroll credentials and wait until you are successfully signed.
How to Activate Crunchyroll on FireTV
- Open your FireTV device and access the Google Play Store app from the home menu.
- Next, use the search function to search for ‘Crunchyroll and select from the highlighted options.
- From the list of results, access the CrunchyRoll app (under Apps & Games).
- From the dedicated listing of CrunchyRoll, tap on Get and wait until the download is complete.
- After the download is finally complete, hit Open to launch Crunchyroll.
- Once the application is fully loaded, select Log In from the list of available options, then insert your credentials as instructed.