Windows 10 does not have a native Gmail client and people use third-party Microsoft Store apps like Easy Mail to access Gmail. Sometimes, these third-party apps become incompatible with the latest version of Windows, leading to the error under discussion.
In this error, the user notices a blank white screen (with the title of Win32AppBackgroundContext) that starts bombarding his screen, and whenever the user closes the message, it pops back up.
Usually, the pop-up is caused by the following:
- Easy Mail: Easy Mail is a third-party app designed to bring the Gmail experience to Windows 10 but this app, sometimes, due to a glitch, starts causing the pop-up error under discussion.
- Corrupt Chrome Installation: A mail management app (like Easy Mail) might have caused corruption of the Chrome browser and this corrupt browser installation can lead to the pop-up under discussion.
Uninstall Easy Mail for Gmail from Your System
Many users tend to install different mail management app and one such app is Easy Mail for Gmail. This mail app, sometimes, becomes incompatible with the user system (due to a recent Windows update) and starts showing the pop-up under discussion. In such a case, uninstalling the Easy Mail app may clear the Win32AppBackgroundContext message issue.
Uninstall Easy Mail Through Apps & Features
- Right-click Windows and open Apps & Features.
- Now expand Easy Mail for Gmail and click on Uninstall.
- Then follow the prompts to uninstall the Easy Mail and afterward, check if the system is cleared of the Win32AppBackgroundContext message.
Uninstall Easy Mail Through the Right-Context Menu
If the Easy Mail is not shown in the Apps & Features, then you can try the right-context menu to uninstall the Easy Mail for Gmail.
- Right-click on the shortcut icon of the Easy Mail for Gmail and select Uninstall. If there is no shortcut available, then click on Windows and type Easy Mail for Gmail. Now right-click on the EasyMail app and select Uninstall.
- Now follow the prompts to uninstall the Easy Mail for Gmail and then check if the Win32AppBackgroundContext pop-up is removed from the system.
If you do not have Easy Mail for Gmail, then check if clean booting the system solves the Win32AppBackgroundContext message issue.
Reinstall the Google Chrome Browser
If you are only encountering the Win32AppBackgroundContext message when the Google Chrome browser is launched, then the issue could be the result of the corrupt installation of Google Chrome. This corruption could have been caused by the previous installation of a 3rd party mail management app (like Easy Mail). In this context, reinstalling Google Chrome may solve the Win32AppBackgroundContext issue.
- Firstly, back up the essential information (website logins, bookmarks, etc.) and data.
- Right-click Windows and select Apps & Features.
- Now click on Google Chrome and afterward, click on Uninstall.
- Then confirm to uninstall Chrome and follow the prompts to uninstall the Chrome browser.
- Now restart your system and upon restart, right-click Windows and select Run.
- Then navigate to the following:
- Now delete the Chrome folder and navigate to the following path in Run:
/program files (x86)/google
- Then delete the Chrome folder and afterward, reinstall the Chrome browser.
- Once reinstalled, launch the Chrome browser and hopefully, the system is clear of the Win32AppBackgroundContext pop-up.