You might not receive time-sensitive notifications on your Apple Watch if you have a poor connection. In addition, you have to check whether or not you have turned on the focus mode on your iPhone and allowed the Time Sensitive notifications.
In this article, we have mentioned the 4 ways which will solve the issue of time-sensitive notifications not appearing on Apple Watch.
1. Turn on Focus and Allowed Time Sensitive Notifications
The first thing that you need to check is whether or not you have turned on focus mode and ensure that you have set up the apps or people you want to receive notifications from.
Also, check for any updates on your Apple device, as this focus mode is available in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 or later versions. It is also possible that you have not selected your preferred time in the Focus mode. Thus, to check all these settings, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to Settings and tap on Focus.
- Select your preferred focus mode from Do Not Disturb, Personal, Sleep, or Work.
- Tap on Next.
- Now, choose the people (contacts) from whom you want to receive notifications. Also, you can select the people from whom you want to receive calls. Lastly, click on Allow.
- Go back, and turn on the toggle of Share Across Devices. It will turn on the Focus mode on other Apple devices you own.
Apart from this, if you want to include something in the focus mode that is not available in the existing Focus options, Apple provides a Custom Focus option.
- Go to Settings and select Focus.
- Click on the Add button.
- Next, you will see a variety of options, including Custom, Driving, and Fitness. Select your preferred one.
- If you select Custom, you can customize its color, select an icon, and give it a suitable name. After doing this, tap on Next.
- Lastly, you need to set up the options for the Focus.
After you have set up the Focus mode, you need to add a schedule, which will activate the focus at specific times, when you are using a particular app, or when you are at a certain location.
- Go to Settings and click on Focus.
- Click on your preferred Focus mode.
- You will see an option to turn it on automatically; under that, select Add Schedule.
- Then select the options according to your needs and follow the steps shown on your screen.
Additionally, you can use Focus Filters, which will allow only those notifications from apps that you select.
Lastly, check if you have allowed the Time Sensitive notifications; here’s how to do it:
- Go to Settings and click on.
- Tap on the Focus you use and tap on Apps.
- Here you will see the Time Sensitive Notification settings; turn it on.
However, if you want to receive calls even in Focus mode and get Time Sensitive notifications, you need to make some other changes.
- Open your Contacts and tap on one of your contacts.
- Then tap on Edit.
- Tap on Ringtone or Text Tone.
- Lastly, turn on the toggle of Emergency Bypass and click on Done.
All the above settings will be made on your iPhone, and the same settings will be mirrored on your Apple Watch.
2. Enable Apple Watch Notification
All the settings that you set on your iPhone will remain the same on your Apple Watch, as both of them have the same Apple ID. However, if you are not getting Time Sensitive notifications on your Apple Watch, you need to turn on notifications separately.
Besides, make sure that you are not using the Apple Watch that you manage for a family member, as the settings will not be mirrored from your iPhone to the Apple Watch.
- On your iPhone, go to the Apple Watch app.
- Tap on My Watch and then on Notifications.
- Select the app from which you want to get notifications and click on Custom.
- Now Enable Notification Indicator. It will let the app send notifications to the notification center of your Apple Watch.
Additionally, when you swipe left on a notification on your Apple Watch, you will see the option for Time Sensitive. Ensure to turn it on.
3. Restart Your iPhone
If you have already allowed the apps to be “Time Sensitive,” set up the Focus mode, and enabled notifications but are not receiving Time Sensitive notifications on your Apple Watch, the thing you need to do is restart your iPhone.
Possibly, your iPhone is facing some software glitches or bugs, so restarting the device will solve the issue. And if there is any problem with the Apple Watch app, if it is misbehaving, it will be solved as well.
Here’s how to restart iPhone SE (2nd or 3rd Generation), 6, 7, or 8:
- Press the side button while holding it until the power-off sliders appear on the device.
- Drag the slider to turn your iPhone off.
- After 30 seconds, turn it on by pressing and holding the side button; you will see the Apple logo on your screen.
If you have iPhone X or later models, do this:
- Press the side button with the volume up or down button and wait until the power-off slider appears on your device.
- Next, drag the slider to turn it off.
- Wait for 30 seconds; then press the side button and wait until the Apple logo shows on your screen.
4. Check If the Devices are Connected
Your iPhone and Apple Watch might have disconnected, due to which you could not receive the Time Sensitive Notifications on your Apple Watch. When this happens, you will only see the notifications on your iPhone.
To check whether or not the devices are connected, swipe up on the watch face, and you will be directed to the Control Center. There, if you see a red iPhone icon with a cross on it, it means that your devices are not connected, due to which you were not receiving the Time-Sensitive notifications.
Here’s how to reconnect your Apple devices:
- Keep both your Apple devices close so that they are in range.
- Ensure to turn off Airplane Mode on your iPhone. Also, turn on Wifi and Bluetooth. Do this from the Control Center.
- Restart your iPhone and Apple Watch.
- After turning it on, if they are still not connected, unpair them and then pair them again.
However, if you want to receive notifications from third-party apps, ensure to check your internet connection on your iPhone.
If you have tried all the above methods and still cannot receive Time Sensitive Notifications on your Apple Watch, there might be some other connectivity issue. Thus, contact Apple Support, as they will let you know about a possible solution.