You might not receive time-sensitive notifications on your Apple Watch if you have a poor connection. In addition, you need to check whether you have turned on Focus mode on your iPhone and allowed Time Sensitive notifications.
In this article, we have mentioned the four ways that will resolve the issue of time-sensitive notifications not appearing on the Apple Watch.
1. Turn on Focus and allow time-sensitive notifications.
The first thing you need to check is whether or not you have turned on focus mode. Ensure that you have set up the apps or people from whom you want to receive notifications.
Also, check for any updates on your Apple device, as this Focus mode is available in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 or later versions. It is also possible that you have not selected your preferred time in the Focus mode. Thus, to check all these settings, you must follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Settings and tap on Focus.
- Select your preferred focus mode from Do Not Disturb, Personal, Sleep, or Work.
- Tap on Next.
- Now, choose the contacts from whom you want to receive notifications. Additionally, you can select the individuals from whom you want to receive calls. Lastly, click on “Allow.
- Go back and turn on the toggle for ‘Share Across Devices.’ This will activate Focus mode on your other Apple devices.
Apart from this, if you want to include something in focus mode that is not available in the existing focus options, Apple provides a custom focus option.
- Go to Settings and select Focus.
- Click on the Add button.
- Next, you will see a variety of options, including Custom, Driving, and Fitness. Select your preferred one.
- If you select Custom, you can customize its color, select an icon, and give it a suitable name. After doing this, tap on Next.
- Lastly, you need to set up the options for the Focus.
After you have set up Focus mode, you need to add a schedule that will activate focus at specific times, when you are using a particular app, or when you are at a certain location.
- Go to Settings and click on Focus.
- Click on your preferred Focus mode.
- You will see an option to turn it on automatically; beneath that, select ‘Add Schedule.’
- Then select the options according to your needs and follow the steps shown on your screen.
Additionally, you can use Focus Filters, which will allow notifications only from the apps you select.
Lastly, check if you have allowed the Time Sensitive notifications; Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Settings and click on.
- Tap on the Focus you are using, and then tap on Apps.
- Here, you will see the Time Sensitive Notification settings; turn them on.
However, if you want to receive calls even in Focus mode and obtain Time Sensitive notifications, you need to make a few additional changes.
- Open your Contacts and tap on one of your contacts.
- Then tap on Edit.
- Tap on Ringtone or Text Tone.
- Lastly, turn on the Emergency Bypass toggle and click on “Done.
All the above settings will be applied to your iPhone, and the same settings will be mirrored on your Apple Watch.
2. Enable Apple Watch notifications.
All the settings you set on your iPhone will remain the same on your Apple Watch, as both of them have the same Apple ID. However, if you are not receiving time-sensitive notifications on your Apple Watch, you need to enable notifications separately.
Besides, ensure that you are not using the Apple Watch managed for a family member, as the settings will not be mirrored from your iPhone to the Apple Watch.
- On your iPhone, go to the Apple Watch app.
- Tap on My Watch and then on Notifications.
- Select the app from which you want to receive notifications and click on Custom.
- Now, enable the Notification Indicator. It will allow the app to send notifications to the Notification Center of your Apple Watch.
Additionally, when you swipe left on a notification on your Apple Watch, you will see the option for Time Sensitive. Be sure to turn it on.
3. Restart your iPhone.
If you have already allowed the apps to be “Time Sensitive,” set up Focus mode, and enabled notifications but are not receiving Time Sensitive notifications on your Apple Watch, the thing you need to do is restart your iPhone.
Possibly, your iPhone is experiencing some software glitches or bugs; therefore, restarting the device should solve the issue. Additionally, if there are any problems with the Apple Watch app, such as misbehaving, these will be resolved as well.
Here’s how to restart an iPhone SE (2nd or 3rd Generation), 6, 7, or 8:
- Press the side button and hold it until the power-off sliders appear on the device.
- Drag the slider to turn your iPhone off.
- After 30 seconds, turn it on by pressing and holding the side button; you will see the Apple logo on your screen.
If you have an iPhone X or later models, do this:
- Press the side button along with the volume up or down button, and wait until the power-off slider appears on your device.
- Next, drag the slider to turn it off.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then press the side button and wait until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
4. Check if the devices are connected.
Your iPhone and Apple Watch may have disconnected, as a result of which you could not receive the Time Sensitive Notifications on your Apple Watch. When this occurs, you will only see the notifications on your iPhone.
To check whether the devices are connected, swipe up on the watch face, and you will be directed to the Control Center. There, if you see a red iPhone icon with a cross on it, it means that your devices are not connected, which is why you were not receiving the time-sensitive notifications.
Here’s how to reconnect your Apple devices:
- Keep both your Apple devices close so that they are within range.
- Ensure that you turn off Airplane Mode on your iPhone. Also, turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Do this from the Control Center.
- Restart your iPhone and Apple Watch.
- After turning them on, if they are still not connected, unpair them and then pair them again.
However, if you want to receive notifications from third-party apps, be sure to check your internet connection on your iPhone.
If you have tried all the above methods and still cannot receive time-sensitive notifications on your Apple Watch, there might be some other connectivity issues. Thus, contact Apple Support, as they will let you know about a possible solution.