Lock screen ads are one of the main issues faced by Xiaomi users. These ads are a permanent part of every Xiaomi mobile and they are connected to the company’s business policy. But the good news is you can get rid of this annoying ad display on your lock screen.
Xiaomi cell phones have more than one type of ad. Some appear on the lock screen, some in the folders, and others in the file manager. Ads that pop up on the lock screen are the most annoying ones. So our guide post is focused on providing different methods to remove ads on the Xiaomi lock screen.
In this article, we will guide you through some simple settings that you can adjust to make your Xiaomi user experience seamless and ad-free. The troubleshooting may vary depending on the MIUI version you’re using. Therefore, we’ve mentioned the exact steps for all versions.
1. Turn off Wallpaper Carousel
Xiaomi and many other phones offer wallpaper carousels nowadays. This carousel allows the mobile to show different blogs on the lock screen for reading. You can manage your interests, or you can turn the carousel off as well.
Wallpaper carousels are not exactly ads, yet you can find them annoying on the lock screen. Follow the steps below to turn it off:
- Tap on the wallpaper carousel icon on your lock screen’s bottom left corner.
- Now tap the settings icon, mostly at the top right corner.
- Here, select More Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Finally, turn off the toggle for the wallpaper carousel.
2. Disable MSA from Password and Security
If your Xiaomi phone is running MIUI version 12.5 or earlier, follow the steps below to permanently get rid of lock screen ads and have a smooth user experience.
- Go to Settings and scroll down to select Passwords and security.
- At the new window of passwords and security, you will find an option named Authorisation and Revocation. Tap on it.
- Now turn off the toggle for MSA.
- A new pop-up window will appear, asking you to wait for 10 seconds. After that, you can tap on the Revoke option.
These settings do not apply immediately. The system might reject the request to revoke. If this happens, try it two to three times unless it works. Afterward, reboot your device to apply these changes.
3. Disable Personalized Ads from Settings
If you are using MIUI 13 or later, still, you are able to stop the ads on the lock screen. Just follow the steps below and you are good to go.
- Go to Settings and scroll down to select the Wallpaper option.
- Now look for the profile icon available at the bottom right corner of the screen and tap it.
- Then tap the traditional settings icon at the top right corner of your screen.
4. Now turn off the toggle for Show Ads and Personalized recommendations.
When you are done disabling the options, reboot your device to give it a fresh start.