Qualcomm QCA9377 or QCA61x4A won’t function correctly if the adapter is facing error code 43 as it indicates a malfunction with the device drivers, this could be due to a corrupt/outdated driver, device conflict or in the worst-case scenario it could be a hardware malfunction.
In this guide, we’ll explore different troubleshooting techniques to help you resolve error code 43 in Windows.
1. Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter
The Bluetooth troubleshooter is a built-in Windows tool for diagnosing and resolving common Bluetooth connectivity problems on a Windows PC. The troubleshooter works by running a scan that checks if all the services required to perform Bluetooth connectivity are working properly.
If it detects a component or service to be at fault it provides a list of solutions that it could perform automatically that generally includes a driver update, restart etc.
Here are the steps to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter:
- Open the Windows settings by simultaneously pressing the Windows + I keys
- In the left panel, Click on System.
- Scroll down and navigate to Troubleshooters > Other troubleshooters
- Click on the Run button beside the Bluetooth troubleshooter.
- Wait for a while for it to finish the scan, once done it’ll notify you with recommended solutions. Click on Apply this fix button to proceed.
- If it fails to find any fixes, Click on the Close the troubleshooter button.
2. Disable Unknown USB devices
Unknown USB devices can cause a problem with the functionality of other USB components. It is advised to remove or disable unknown USB devices as they can be a root cause of error code 43 in device manager. Here are the steps to disable unknown USB devices in the device manager:
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the run dialogue box.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the text field and hit the Enter key.
- Click on the drop-down arrow beside the Universal serial bus controller text and look for unknown devices. They can be easily identified as they have a caution symbol.
- If an unknown device is found, Right-click on it and click on the Uninstall button. Doing so will ensure that there is no conflicting hardware in our computer.
- Restart your computer.
3. Restart Bluetooth Support Service
‘Bluetooth support service’ enables devices to perform wireless connectivity, it handles processes such as wireless printing, audio streaming, data transfer etc. If Bluetooth support service is disabled or not functioning appropriately, it can be a root cause of your computer failing to perform Bluetooth functionality. We’ll be performing a few straightforward steps that’ll aim at restarting the Bluetooth support service.
- Open Device manager and under the Bluetooth section right-click on your Bluetooth adapter.
- Click on the Disable button.
- Now, Press the Win + I keys together to open the run dialogue box and in the text field type “cmd”
- Paste the following command. This will stop the service if it’s already in a running state:
net stop bthserv
- Similarly, Paste the following command. This will start the service if stopped.
net start bthserv
- Once the service is restarted, head back to the device manager and enable the Bluetooth adapter.
4. Rollback Bluetooth drivers
Rolling back drivers means uninstalling and reinstalling an older version of the drivers that was stable. This is typically done when a newer version of the driver is causing performing issues or compatibility issues. By rolling back the drivers, error code 43 can be resolved. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the Device manager.
- Under the Bluetooth section, Right-click on your Bluetooth adapter.
- Click on “Update Driver”
- Click on “Browse my computer for drivers”.
- Click on “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”
- Now, Click on the “Generic Bluetooth adapter” or any other older version.
- Click on “Next”.
- Proceed with the straightforward installation and restart your computer.
5. Manually Download the Bluetooth drivers
If the drivers available on your computer did not help you resolve the problem, it is advised to manually download a copy of the drivers for your computer. Follow these steps to do so:
- Click here to download the Bluetooth drivers for Qualcomm QCA9377. If you’re using a different adapter, visit the vendor’s website for the drivers.
- On the page you just opened, click on the “Download” button as shown in the image below.
- Once downloaded, Open the file you just downloaded and proceed with the straightforward installation procedure.
Once installed, Restart your computer so that the changes can take effect.
6. Update System BIOS
Updating the BIOS, or Basic Input/Output System will help improve the performance of your computer and fix compatibility or stability issues you are facing with the current BIOS version. However, it’s important to be careful when updating the BIOS, as a failed update can cause serious problems with your computer. Here are the general steps for updating the BIOS on a Windows 10 computer:
6.1 Check your current BIOS version
Here are the steps to check the current version of BIOS installed on your computer:
- Open the Start menu and search for “System Information”.
- In the System Information window, look for the “BIOS Version/Date” field.
6.2 Determine if a BIOS update is necessary
Check the manufacturer’s website for your computer’s model to see if a newer BIOS version is available.
- Click on the link with your motherboard’s manufacturer’s name. We have listed links to some popular manufacturers:
Click here if you’re a Gigabyte user
Click here if you’re an Asus user
- Compare the version number of the available BIOS update with the version number of your current BIOS. If the available update has a higher version number, it’s likely that it includes bug fixes and performance improvements that you don’t have yet.
6.3 Download the BIOS update
Follow the instructions on the manufacturer’s website to download the BIOS update to your computer.
Prepare to install the BIOS update:
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to create a bootable USB or CD with the BIOS update. Make sure you have a charged battery and a reliable power source, as a power interruption during the BIOS update process could cause serious problems with your computer.
6.4 Install the BIOS update:
The installation process may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer make sure to read the installation procedure on the manufacturer’s website carefully.
- Press the key needed to enter the BIOS settings (usually F2, F10, or Del) upon the computer’s startup.Note: If these keys don’t work for you, you can follow our guide to find out which key is set to open BIOS for your motherboard manufacturer.
- Follow the instructions given by the manufacturer.
Once installed, launch the game.
7. Update windows
Windows OS comes out with new update patches every now and then and updating windows can fix issues discovered with the previous version. It is possible that the version of Windows you’re using is outdated. Here are the steps to update windows to the latest version:
- Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open the settings application.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Now, Click on Check for update and install if any updates are available. Your computer may Restart.