After its announcement in July, fans were excited to experience the next iteration of the PlayStation VR headset; PlayStation VR 2. The expectations from the successor of PSVR were already very high due to the unique experience PlayStation VR was able to bring to the table with its launch in 2016 for PlayStation 4.
To date, it is considered the best PlayStation 5 accessory. However, it was about time to introduce a new VR headset for the next-gen PlayStation 5 to give fans the experience of new PlayStation VR game ports on the latest Virtual Reality tech.
Undoubtedly PSVR 2 comes with a huge specification bump over its predecessor; with 4K resolution at 2,000 x 2040 per eye, all set upon an OLED HDR panel at refresh rates of 90 Hz or 120 Hz, and on top of these, a new eye-tracking system and a wider field of view.
Definitely, a gadget to fully immerse yourself in the world of your favorite video games. Recently, Sony also revealed a list of games coming to the PlayStation VR 2. However, the price of games was not revealed earlier. Well, I have some good news for the gamers waiting for the game pricing on the new PSVR 2.
As the pre-orders went live in the selected regions, the prices of some of the launch games coming to the PlayStation VR 2 were also revealed; you can have a look at them below:
- Horizon Call of the Mountain — £59.99
- Cities VR: Enhanced Edition — £22.49 (10 percent discount with PS Plus)
- Cosmonious High — £23.99 (20 percent discount with PS Plus)
- Demeo — £26.39 (20 percent discount with PS Plus)
- Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue — £22.49 (10 percent discount with PS Plus)
- Star Wars: Tales from Galaxy’s Edge – Enhanced Edition — £39.99
- Tentacular — £17.99 (10 percent discount with PS Plus)
- The Light Brigade — £16.99 (15 percent discount with PS Plus)
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution — £32.99
PlayStation VR 2 pre-orders are live now. If you are in the US, UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, or Luxembourg, you can place an order on PlayStation Direct Store as these regions are shortlisted for the initial launch of the VR headset.
PlayStation VR 2 will be released on 22nd February 2023 and will cost you $549.99 / £529 / €599.99. What are your thoughts about the pricing of the launch games? Are these prices reasonable? Let us know in the comment section below.