Hulu allows its users to make a couple of profiles that can help each individual keep a separate record of what they are watching. The viewing history for each profile makes it easier for the person using the specific profile to find related content to their interests and taste. And because you are on Hulu, switching between profiles is a piece of cake. But before that, assuming that you don’t have more than one profile on Hulu, let’s make another profile, and then switch between the two profiles created.
Making a Different Profile on Hulu
- As Hulu allows more than one profiles on a Hulu account, this makes it easier for people in the house to make their own profiles and enjoy their own shows from their profiles. To make a new profile, you will have to sign in to your Hulu account that you use. The initials of the name with which your Hulu account is made will appear on the top right corner of the screen. You need to click on this so that you can view the additional options which you can select to make a new profile.
- Click on the tab that says ‘Manage Profiles’.
- To add a new profile, you will have to click on the plus (+) tab which says ‘Add Profile’. This will lead you to another screen where you will add all the required information about your new profile.
- Note that when you click the tab for ‘Turn on to watch only kid-friendly programming’, all the other spaces for information for making a profile as shown in the image above have disappeared. If you are not making this profile for kids, then you need to keep this switch switched off.
- Now assume that you have already created a profile, but want to change it. You can always click the pencil-like icon in front of the name that appears as shown in the second steps image under this heading.
Switching Between Profiles on Hulu
- So when I signed in to my shared account of Hulu, there was just one profile was that used as a common profile. You can see the K written in the top right corner of the image below, shows the profile that I currently am on as. When you click on the K or the name is written right next to it, you will be shown a dropdown list. This list will show you all the profiles that are presently connected to this Hulu account.
- To switch to another profile, all you have to do is click on the profiles name that you want to go to which will appear in the dropdown list that appears after you click on the initials or your name in the top right corner of your Hulu homepage.