Discord limits your access to the Discord servers when it thinks you are trying to spam or flood its servers. The error ‘The resource is being rate limited‘ is triggered when the user tries to enter the text verification message repeatedly, and the discord prevents you from entering it again.
This security measure prevents users from “guessing” the verification code. There are many “hacking” software that implements different combinations of code in an attempt to bypass security barriers. When you enter the wrong code multiple times, the discord application prevents you from entering it again by blocking access.
1. Double-check The Code
Discord can also gives you a soft ban when a user frequently inputs an incorrect verification code. Therefore, double-check the code sent to your phone to ensure you are not typing the incorrect verification code.
2. Wait For At Least 10 minutes
Usually, a soft ban can take up to 10 minutes to unban the account for safety. It can take more than 10 minutes if the user or hacker frequently types incorrect code in the input box. Therefore, sit tight and don’t do anything, as it can lead you to wait for more.
3. Using Mobile Hotspot
Try using a mobile hotspot connection, as it doesn’t have any link with your ISP provider. It changes your IP address; it is necessary to get your IP address changed because this issue is caused by a soft IP ban that prevents users from entering the code again. Therefore, try using the mobile hotspot to change your IP address. Follow these steps:
- First of all, restart your computer and your mobile.
- Disconnect from the Internet from both devices.
- Now open your mobile and connect to mobile data, then enable the hotspot feature.
- Now turn on your computer and connect to the hotspot created by your phone.
- Now check to see if the issue persists. If you managed to log in successfully, you could connect to your WiFi again.
4. Use A VPN
Another option to avoid this error message is a VPN, a virtual private network service that allows the users to hide their information, including their IP Address. Therefore, it is recommended to try a VPN, as discord gave you a soft IP ban through IP address, which you can avoid by using VPN. You can refer to this article on The Best VPN For Streaming and Gaming in 2022 to download and install the best VPN for yourselves.
5. Wait 6 Hours, Then Contact Support
If nothing works, then it is possible that you are banned for a long time. You can wait 6 hours to resolve this issue because soft bans can take 10 minutes to 6 hours. However, if this does not work, the last option you can try is to contact Discord Support. We have given the instructions below to contact discord support.
- Go to Discord support through the link
- Choose Help & Support and type your Email Address
- In the Type Of Question, choose Phone Verification
- Then, choose Other in the Phone Verification box
- Now type your phone number and subject, then describe your issue
- Additionally, you can attach the Error Code image to the attachment section
- Once done, click Submit and wait for the response from the discord support.