You can find users by searching their profile names, quick invite links, and Steam friend codes. Steam allows users to change their profile name to anything they want. The profile name can be the same as other users on steam, which makes it harder for users to find other users.
However, the Steam friend code is unique for everyone and this is the quickest way to find a user on steam. This is a new feature and many users are still unaware of the Steam friend codes. In this article, we will show you methods through which you can find or add Steam friend codes.
Finding and Adding Steam Friend Codes
Many multiplayer games allow users to view the Steam profile of other players by simply clicking on their profile name. However, if that’s not the case, then you can ask them for their Steam Friend Code. The Steam Friend Code and the steamID3 of the account will be the same. Some of the accounts that were created when Steam was released will have a single-digit Friend Code.
The Steam friend code feature can work on both the application and browser. Make sure your account is not limited, because limited accounts cannot send a friend request through any method.
- Open the Steam application by double-clicking the shortcut or searching it through the Windows search feature.
Note: Log in to your Steam account if you are not logged in.
- Click on the Friends & Chat option at the right bottom and it will open another chat window for Steam.
- Click on the Add Friends icon on the Steam chat window.
- This will open the Friend Code page in your Steam client application. Here you can view and copy your friend code.
- Below that, you can also add a friend code, which will automatically show the profile of the friend with a Send Invite button.
Additional: Game Friend Codes
Nowadays, many multiplayer games have friend ID or friend code feature to add people. You can add friends inside the game without opening the Steam add friends feature. The code and procedure will be different for each game. We will demonstrate this in some of the famous Steam video games.
In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, now you can invite and add friends through friend code. You can even invite people through the limited account if you know their CS: GO friend code. Follow the below steps to see how it works for it:
- Click on the Friend Request button and then click on the Add Friend icon.
- Now you can check your own code or add a friend code to find their CSGO profile.
Another game where you can add friends through Steam ID is DOTA 2. This is the easiest way to add a friend if you have never played with them before. Check the steps below for finding and adding a friend ID.
- Click on the Add Friend icon under the profile name.
- Here you will see Your Friend ID and you can also add a Friend’s ID as shown.