A lot of users reported that the “Epson Error Code Non-Printing Features are Available” while trying to print anything. The problem generally occurs when too many paper case units are installed on the printer and as a result prevent the users from printing anything.
However, many users reported they see the error even though they haven’t installed many paper cassette units. So, in this case, it is estimated there is something wrong with the printer or the printer is damaged and due to this unable to establish a connection with the printer connector. Therefore, here we have done our research and found that there are multiple reasons why you are seeing the error during printing.
So, below have a look at the common culprits responsible for the error and then follow the step-by-step instructions to solve the Printer error. Contact Epson Support. Non-printing features are available.
- Connection of Your Printer: If your printer is not connected properly to your computer then this error can show up. So, make sure to check the connection between your printer and device is established properly.
- Printer Settings: If you use multiple printers, then check if the Epson one is set as the default printer or not. If it is not set as the default printer, then the Epson error code non-printing features are available could show up.
- Outdated Printer driver: The driver plays an important role to allow the device to function properly, so if in case the printer driver is outdated, then the error can show up. In this situation updating the printer driver may work for you.
- Print Spooler Service: The print spooler service available on your computer helps your computer to connect to the printer and if it is disabled, then the error can show up.
- Using too many paper cassette units: This is the main reason that ends up showing the error, so if you have installed too many paper cassette units then this may cause the error. In this situation remove the extra unit and then check if the error still appears or not.
- Damaged Product: If the product is damaged or corrupted then it starts causing issues while printing and start showing error. So, make sure your product is not corrupted and working properly.
So, these are the potential culprits that start causing errors, now follow the fixes given one by one to solve the error completely.
1. Unplug your Power Cable
There is a possibility that your printer is dealing with some sort of internal glitches and bugs. So, in this case, unplugging and then plugging the power cable works for you to solve the problem. Here follow the steps to do so:
- First, turn off the printer and then unplug all the power cables from the wall outlet for at least minimum
- Next Power on your printer for checking properly and check if the problem is resolved.
2. Check the Connection of Your Printer
There can be some sort of connection problem that is causing Epson error code non-printing features are available. So, check the connections of your printer.
- Check if the printer is properly connected to the computer, unplug the wires, clean the ports and again plug the wires
- Try connecting the USB cable to another USB port of your computer.
- If you are using any hub to connect the printer, unplug it from the hub and connect it directly to the computer.
- Try changing the entire cable and check if the error is resolved or not.
- Check if the network speed is proper, and also check the network devices like the modem or the router.
- Then check the network connection status light of your printer.
- If the printer is connected via a network cable, you can also try changing that cable and see if it works for you.
- Disconnect and reconnect the computer and the printer to your home/work network.
- Check if Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- Try re-pairing your computer with the printer.
- Check if you are in the Bluetooth range of the device or not.
3. Set the Printer You are Using as Default Printer
This error can also arise if the Epson printer you are using is not set as the default printer. So, it is recommended to set the Epson printer you are using as the default printer, to do so follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press Windows + R on the keyboard to open the Run dialogue box.
- Then in the dialogue box, type control and press enter.
- Now click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Next right-click on the printer you are using and click on the Set as a default printer
Now check if the Epson error code non-printing features are available is resolved or not.
4. Update the Drivers of Your Printer
If you haven’t updated the drivers of your printer for a while, we recommend you to update the drivers of your printer as this error code can arise due to outdated printer drivers too. To update the drivers of your printer, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Start icon and search for the Device Manager in the search bar.
- Then click on the Device Manager option and search for your printer’s name.
- Now right-click on your printer’s name and click on the updated driver
- And click on the search for the updated drivers automatically
- If Windows cannot find the drivers, then you need to download the drivers manually from the Epson official site and install them.
- Once you are done updating the printer drivers, check if the error is resolved or not.
5. Check Whether the Print Spooler Service is Enabled or Disabled
Printer Spooler service is a service on your computer that manages the print jobs and is the communication system between your computer and your printer. If the service is disabled by any means, then your printer will not work and Epson error code non-printing features are available can also arise. So, it is recommended to check if the Print Spool service is enabled or disabled and if it is disabled then make sure to enable it. To enable the Print Spooler service to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialogue box.
- Then type services.msc in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Now search for the Print Spooler and click on it.
- And check if the Startup type is set to Automatic and the Service Status is Running.
- If not then set it to automatic and click on the Start Button.
- Now click Ok and check if the printer is working properly or not.
Now check if the Printer Spooler keeps stopping problem is fixed.
6. Clear the Printer Queue
You will not be able to use your printer if your print queue is stuck which can also cause the error. So, it is recommended to clear the print queue and to do so follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press Windows + R on the keyboard to open the Run dialogue box.
- Now type services.msc in the Run dialogue box and press enter.
- And in the Services window search for Print Spooler and double click on it.
- In the Print Spooler window, click on the stop button and press Ok.
- Next, minimize it and click on the File Explorer available in the taskbar.
- Then click on the path space available at the top and enter this path: %windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS
- And delete all the files in the folder.
- Now open the service windows and go back to Print Spooler and start the service.
- Lastly, close all the tasks and restart both your computer and your printer and check if the issue is resolved or not.
7. Try Using a Different Product
There can be an issue with the program you are trying to print your documents with, so you should try a different program to print the document if the fixes mentioned above didn’t work for you. Download and install any trusted alternative of the application you are using and try to give the print command and check if the issue is resolved or not.
8. Check the Hardware of Your Printer
If all the methods mentioned above didn’t work for you, then we will suggest you check the hardware of your printer and solve the printer offline problem.
- Check if the ink and toner of your printer are Ok.
- And check if there is an error displayed on the screen of your printer.
- Check if your printer is serviced or not, if not then service it.
That’s all for how to fix Epson error code non-printing features are available. Hope the solutions given work for you but if in case you are still seeing the error then contact the Epson support centre or the authorized Epson service provider for requesting repairs.