In some situations, when we want to quickly reach our destination without asking anyone for the address, we rely on Google Maps as it provides a feature to pin a location. This feature helps when we don’t have an exact address and when we want to pin a location for the navigation. Moreover, If you visit an address frequently, you can pin that address and save the pinned location on your Google Maps so that you won’t need to find that address later.
1. Drop A Pin On Google Maps Using Android / IOS
- Drop a pin on Google Maps is straightforward, just open the Google Maps App and navigate to the location which you want to pin. For that, type the address into the top search bar
- Once you navigate, long press on the location to pin
- Once done, in case you want to save the location, you can do this by tapping on the Save button, or if you want to see the directions or start the navigation, the options are also available at the bottom.
2. Drop A Pin A Location On the Desktop
You can also use the Google Maps website, which will let you use all the features except the navigation one. You can save, pin and see directions to the address you want to visit.
- Go to Google Maps and search for the location you want to visit
- Once you find the location, click on the location to pin
- If you want to save, send and view the direction, you can do all this by using the options from the left sidebar.
3. How to Pinned A Location
- To pin a location on Google maps, open the application
- Search for the location you want to pin
- Tab on Directions from the bottom, then tap on Pin
- To view the pinned locations, tap Go from the bottom to see all pinned location
4. How To Clear All Pinned Locations
- To clear all the pinned locations, tap on your Profile from the top left
- Tap Settings
- Tap Pinned Trip Settings
- In the end, tap on Delete Pinned Trips
- A confirmation message will appear; Tap on Delete.