Microsoft has revealed that Windows 11 will start releasing from October 5. That means that the first stable release of Windows 11 will be available starting October 5. However, if you wish to install the operating system before that, you can sign up for the Insiders Preview where the operating system is available if your computer meets the minimum requirements. This means that you will be upgrading your current Windows 10 machine to the new operating system. Doing this requires you to have an activated copy of Windows 10 in the first place.
The Windows maker has also, in addition to the Insiders Preview, released an official ISO of the new operating system that can be used to install Windows 11 on your system provided that the minimum requirements won’t hold you back.
As it turns out, the official ISO of Windows 11 can be used to clean install the operating system on your computer. Windows 11 comes up with a renewed setup experience that will take you through the process of initial configuration to setup the new operating system on your system. To be able to clean install Windows 11 using the ISO released by Microsoft, you need to first sign up for the Insiders Preview on their website before you are able to download the official ISO. In addition to that, if you don’t wish to sign up for the Insiders Preview, there is a workaround for you. If this case is applicable, you can use a third-party tool that will download the ISO files for you without requiring you to sign up for the Insiders Preview. We will be covering both the methods down below so you can follow whatever fits you.
With that said, without further ado, let us get started and show you how to download the official Windows 11 ISO.
Download Windows 11 ISO From Microsoft’s Website
One way you can download Windows 11 ISO image is through the official website of Microsoft. To be able to do this, as we have mentioned above, you will need to sign up for the Insiders Preview program. This means that you will have to register your Microsoft account for the program. In case you want to download the ISO without having to register for the Insiders Preview, then we recommend moving to the other method mentioned down below.
With that said, follow the instructions given down below to download the official Windows 11 ISO released by Microsoft:
- First of all, open up a web browser of your choice and then head to the official Microsoft Windows Insider website by clicking here.
- Once there, click the Sign in option at the top-right corner. Here, provide your Microsoft account details to login.
- After you have signed in, on the home page of the Windows Insider website, scroll down until you see the Meet the Windows Insider Program section. There, click the Register button to register for the Windows Insider Program.
- Accept the terms of the agreement by clicking the checkbox provided. After that, click the Register now button to register for the Windows Insiders Program.
- On the next prompt, you will be shown the Welcome to the Windows Insider Program message. Click the Flight now button provided.
- On the next page, under the Start flighting text, click the download a Windows Insider Preview ISO link provided.
- A link will open up in a new tab that will take you to the download page. Here, scroll down until you see the Select edition section.
- Here, from the drop-down menu, choose an edition of the Windows 11 Insider Preview. It is recommended to choose the Windows 11 Insider Preview (Beta Channel) edition as it is more stable than the Dev channel.
- Once you have done that, go ahead and click the Confirm button.
- Give it a second to validate your request. After that, you will be asked to choose your product’s language.
- Go ahead and choose your language from the drop-down menu. This is the language Windows 11 will be in including the setup.
- Finally, click the Confirm button again. It will validate your request again so give it a second.
- At this point, you will be provided with a download link that is valid for only 24 hours.
- Click the Download button to start downloading the ISO.
- Wait for the download to finish. That’s it, you are done. You have successfully downloaded the official Windows 11 ISO.
You can now go ahead and perform a clean install of the Windows 11 operating system. You can follow our guide here that takes you through the process of installing Windows 11 step by step.
Download Windows 11 ISO From UUP Dump
In case you don’t want to sign up for the Windows Insider Program, you can still download Windows 11 ISO via a third-party tool. Here, we will be using the UUP Dump website which allows you to download the latest updates to the Microsoft operating systems. The process is pretty simple. To give you an overview, we will be downloading Windows 11 files from the website which is essentially a batch file that will download Windows 11 ISO on your system once you run it.
To do this, follow the instructions given down below:
- First of all, head to the UUP Dump website by clicking here.
- On the website, under Quick Options, click on your system’s architecture for the Latest Beta Channel Build. You can also do this for the Latest Dev Channel Build but we recommend going for the afore-mentioned option as it is more stable. At the current moment, there’s no Windows 11 update for the Public Release build, however, in future once it is available in Public Release, you can use that option as well.
- Once you have done that, you will be taken to a new page where all the updates for that build are shown. Click on the Windows 11 Insider Preview option.
- This will take you to a new page where you will have to choose a few options. First of all, choose your language and then click Next.
- Now, you will be asked to choose the Windows 11 edition you wish to download. Choose whatever you wish and then click Next.
- Finally, under the Download method text, make sure Download and convert to ISO is selected. In addition, also ensure the Include updates option is selected.
- Once done, click the Create download package button.
- This will download a zip file on your system. Extract it to your desired location and then navigate to it.
- In the directory, double-click the uup_download_windows.cmd file.
- If you are shown the Windows protected your PC dialog box, click the Run anyway option.
- This will open up a command prompt window which will start downloading the necessary files from the Microsoft servers to create the ISO file file for you in the folder.
- The process can take a while depending on your internet connection and speed so make sure to wait for it.
- Once it has finished downloading and converting the files into an ISO file, you will be shown a Press 0 to exit message.
- That’s it, you have successfully downloaded Windows 11 ISO file.
At this point, you can go ahead and create a bootable USB using the ISO file. Once done, you can perform a clean install of Windows 11.